Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hannah Montana links and theme song at Sitcoms Online / Hannah Montana Photo Gallery

Hannah Montana - The Complete First Season

Buy Hannah Montana - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hannah Montana - Livin' the Rock Star Life (Volume 1)

Buy Hannah Montana - Livin' the Rock Star Life (Volume 1) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Pop Star Profile (Volume 2)

Buy Hannah Montana - Pop Star Profile (Volume 2) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Life's What You Make It (Volume 3)

Buy Hannah Montana - Life's What You Make It (Volume 3) on DVD
Hannah Montana - One in a Million (Volume 4)

Buy Hannah Montana - One in a Million (Volume 4) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Keeping It Real (Volume 5)

Buy Hannah Montana - Keeping It Real (Volume 5) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Miley Says Goodbye (Volume 6)

Buy Hannah Montana - Miley Says Goodbye (Volume 6) on DVD
Hannah Montana - Who Is Hannah Montana (Volume 7)

Buy Hannah Montana - Who Is Hannah Montana (Volume 7) on DVD
Hannah Montana Forever - The Complete Fourth and Final Season

Buy Hannah Montana Forever - The Complete Fourth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Hannah Montana
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default Miley Cyrus changed her image because she was sick of being sexualized

http://www.etonline.com/news/221433_...justin_bieber/

Quote:
Miley Cyrus has her reasons as to why she gave herself what some fans may call a "makeunder" just before the release of her hit single, "Malibu."

"It became something that was expected of me. I didn’t want to show up to photo shoots and be the girl who would get my t*ts out and stick out my tongue," the 24-year-old singer tells the August issue of Harper's Bazaar of her former over-the-top persona. "In the beginning, it was kind of like saying, 'F**k you. Girls should be able to have this freedom or whatever.’ But it got to a point where I did feel sexualized."

"Like, people will say, ‘You’ve changed.’ And that’s supposed to be derogatory," she adds of her new image. "But you are supposed to change all the time."

While Cyrus, who has since rekindled her romance with Liam Hemsworth, is embracing this period in her life, she doesn't seem to regret that phase of her career, though it was met with some criticism. "People have known me since I was so young, they think they know me," the former Hannah Montana star notes. "I heard so many comments like, ‘We just want Miley back.’ But you can’t tell me who that is. I’m right here."

Cyrus also compares her "Wrecking Ball" days to her time as child star on the Disney Channel. "People were so shocked by some of the things that I did,” she says, referring to her twerking, tongue-wagging moments. “It should be more shocking that when I was 11 or 12, I was put in full hair and makeup, a wig, and told what to wear by a group of mostly older men."

In addition to switching up her style, Cyrus also recently declared that she's no longer smoking marijuana. "Just for now,” she clarifies. “To quote the wise Justin Bieber, ‘Never say never.’ But right now I want to be clear.”

It appears her main goal at this phase in her career is to be a "f**king role model" no matter what she's wearing. "Who gives a s**t? Because I got my t*ts out before doesn’t make me less of a role model," she exclaims. "I think I show people that they can be themselves. I also think something that has been important for me, in this next little, like, transition phase of my career is that I don’t give a f**k about being cool. I just want to be myself."

In ET's exclusive interview with Cyrus' father, Billy Ray Cyrus, the 55-year-old country crooner gushed over his daughter's decision to stay sober at this stage in her career. "She's firing off all cylinders. Her thoughts, her instincts, everything is at the top of its game," he said. "Sometimes you have to clear out the junk, and then you realize what's most important. Whatever is going on, it's working for her."'