Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 13, 2018)
SitcomOnline Digest: Discussions Underway for New Seasons of The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family; Trial & Error Looking for Home for Third Season
Fri-Yay: Orange Is the New Black Season 6: A Tightrope Between Comedy and Drama; King of the Hill Labor Day Marathon on Comedy Central
Antenna TV's Coach Back-to-Football Bowl; Nick Drama Returns for Season 2 in September
ION Television Acquires Chicago P.D.; TCA Summer 2018 Press Tour: ABC

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
retroTVfan4ever

Default Gordon Hayward bolts Jazz to sign with Celtics

I've figured for awhile that Hayward wanted out of Utah, his heart didn't seem to really be there and he wanted to reunite with Brad Stevens the coach from his college days. The Jazz did do a lot to try and retain Hayward's services, but he chose to leave anyway, in the long run I think this will turn out to be a good thing for the Jazz. Now they can build their team around center Rudy Gobert. Donovan Mitchell was a good draft choice, I think he can step in and be an impact player right away. Other Jazz players like Rodney Hood and Joe Ingles will have to improve their games to compensate for the departure of Hayward. Utah also acquired Ricky Rubio, a pass first type of point guard, a modern day version of John Stockton, I think Rubio will also be a good addition to the team. Hopefully Derrick Favors can bounce back from an off season last year and improve his numbers this season.

Hayward has developed into a decent player, but he lacks athletic ability and I believe he already basically reached his peak potential, I think the Jazz are better off without him. The Celtics have a ball hog for a point guard, so Hayward's numbers with the Celtics will likely decrease.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
retroTVfan4ever

Too bad for Gordon Hayward, serious leg injury just a few minutes into the season opener vs. Cleveland. If he's lucky, maybe he'll recover fairly quickly and be back in action again before the season is over.

Hayward should have stayed in Utah, but the Jazz won't miss him, they don't need him, they should still be among the contenders in the Western conference this season. Donovan Mitchell was a great draft choice, he has basketball skills and will be an important player for the Jazz as the season goes on.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
Too bad for Gordon Hayward, serious leg injury just a few minutes into the season opener vs. Cleveland. If he's lucky, maybe he'll recover fairly quickly and be back in action again before the season is over.

Hayward should have stayed in Utah, but the Jazz won't miss him, they don't need him, they should still be among the contenders in the Western conference this season. Donovan Mitchell was a great draft choice, he has basketball skills and will be an important player for the Jazz as the season goes on.
Oh yeah. I still haven't seen the injury, but I heard it was pretty gruesome. I also heard something similar happened to Jeremy Lin last night.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
Oh yeah. I still haven't seen the injury, but I heard it was pretty gruesome. I also heard something similar happened to Jeremy Lin last night.
Lin has a knee injury. Hayward's injury is dislocated ankle and broken tibia.

Jeremy Lin seems to be injury prone. He's had several injuries during the time he's been in the NBA. Yao Ming had injury problems too and it cut short his NBA career. Ming was healthy his first three seasons in the NBA, after that he started having injury problems.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #5
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
Lin has a knee injury. Hayward's injury is dislocated ankle and broken tibia.

Jeremy Lin seems to be injury prone. He's had several injuries during the time he's been in the NBA. Yao Ming had injury problems too and it cut short his NBA career. Ming was healthy his first three seasons in the NBA, after that he started having injury problems.
OK.

Truthfully, I don't really bother with the NBA till the playoffs.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #6
retroTVfan4ever

Looks like the Jazz are missing Gordon Hayward more than I thought they would. Their leading scorer is only averaging 15 points a game, and as a team they are only shooting 42 percent. Those are woeful numbers. The Jazz are still one of the better defensive teams, but they are going nowhere until they improve offensively and shoot better as a team. I still think Donovan Mitchell was a good draft choice, but he's just a rookie and it will take some time until he adjusts to the NBA.