Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative
Critics' Choice Awards Set for January on The CW; IFC Sets New Episodes for Documentary Now!
NBC Orders More Brooklyn Nine-Nine; Disney Gets Another Multi-Cam Sitcom


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2017, 01:57 AM   #1
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 3,237
Default What happened to Oscar De La Hoya?

I have always wondered what boxer Oscar De La Hoya is doing now these days? Because it seems that he has disappeared from the sports world because I haven't seen or heard any news about him except that he had a singing career and has appeared in commercials now. Is Oscar De La Hoya retired from boxing or is he still boxing today? My aunt even got to meet Oscar De La Hoya and has quite a few pictures of him
Bestie
__________________
Ready To Take A Ride In The Cash Cab
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:56 AM   #2
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
I have always wondered what boxer Oscar De La Hoya is doing now these days? Because it seems that he has disappeared from the sports world because I haven't seen or heard any news about him except that he had a singing career and has appeared in commercials now. Is Oscar De La Hoya retired from boxing or is he still boxing today? My aunt even got to meet Oscar De La Hoya and has quite a few pictures of him
Bestie
Yeah he retired from boxing I'd say about 10 years ago , maybe not that long? He owns a company called Golden boy promotions which sponsors lots of the big name fights in Vegas!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:12 AM   #3
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 3,237
Default

So Oscar De La Hoya now owns a company named Golden Boy Promotions? That's pretty impressive for a wonderful boxer because my aunt used to have a mega crush on Oscar De La Hoya and she would watch boxing matches when he would fight just to see Oscar De La Hoya on TV. Oscar also has a wonderful singing voice and he does a great cover version of The Bee Gees hit Run To Me that is my favorite song on his debut album. It's nice to see Oscar De La Hoya focusing on other things now and I hope he continues to do well with his company
Thank you very much for the info Bonnie
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:39 AM   #4
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
So Oscar De La Hoya now owns a company named Golden Boy Promotions? That's pretty impressive for a wonderful boxer because my aunt used to have a mega crush on Oscar De La Hoya and she would watch boxing matches when he would fight just to see Oscar De La Hoya on TV. Oscar also has a wonderful singing voice and he does a great cover version of The Bee Gees hit Run To Me that is my favorite song on his debut album. It's nice to see Oscar De La Hoya focusing on other things now and I hope he continues to do well with his company
Thank you very much for the info Bonnie
Bestie

That is so cool your Aunt got to meet Oscar being she had a crush on him !! I bet she was really excited!! I never met him, but a I have a friend who was able to meet him when he was in the Hollywood Christmas parade a few years ago! She was really excited! Lots of girls had a crush on him. he was really cute!

I've seen Oscar fight a lot , and many other boxers . Not in person but on TV! My ex Husband and my current Husband are both big boxing fans as were/are my Father and Brother! I've seen many pay per view fights and Oscar was among the very best!! I'm showing my age here but I remember watching Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali fighting . And that was WAY before pay per view, it was regular TV for free!!! And Muhammad was a HOTTY!!! All the women loved him back than!! I was a little girl, but I remember my Mom thinking he was really handsome and my Dad got mad cause he was more of a Joe Frazier fan, and they were like really big rivals back than!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:48 AM   #5
LaBestia
Ben Bailey's Taxi Girl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 3,237
Default

Did you ever get to listen to Oscar De La Hoya's debut album Bonnie? I thought he had a wonderful voice and he sings nice. When my aunt got to meet Oscar De La Hoya he was at an airport but she didn't get to talk to him or get an autograph from him because he was doing an interview for a news station but she did take a lot of pictures of him and my aunt has them in a photo album of celebrity photos that she has collected over the years
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:55 AM   #6
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
Did you ever get to listen to Oscar De La Hoya's debut album Bonnie? I thought he had a wonderful voice and he sings nice. When my aunt got to meet Oscar De La Hoya he was at an airport but she didn't get to talk to him or get an autograph from him because he was doing an interview for a news station but she did take a lot of pictures of him and my aunt has them in a photo album of celebrity photos that she has collected over the years
Bestie

No . I never heard him sing. But I will look on Youtube, I'm sure I can find some of him singing! Very cool your Aunt got all those pictures! That would be so nice if someday she could meet/get to talk to him !
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.