Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Cool Anyone Know of any "Hidden" Restaurants/Bars?

What I mean by "hidden" is that you wouldn't know at first glance that the place is a restaurant or bar. It could have a nondescript entrance or be an exclusive "members only" or reservation-only type of place.

Here are the two that I know of:

Criff Dogs / Please Don't Tell in St Marks Place, NYC

Criff Dogs is a small hot dog restaurant down a small set of stairs in St. Mark's Place. What some may not realize is that the restaurant serves as a "secret entrance" to a small pub, Please Don't Tell. It is open to the public, however reservations must be made.

Inside Criff Dogs is a telephone booth where guests go through to the bar. Inside the booth is an intercom where guests tell the hostess the name on the reservation and then another door opens allowing the guests to enter.

Guests of the pub can also order from the Criff Dogs' menu.

Okatshe in Tropicana Resort - Atlantic City, NJ

Okatshe is a small imported Japanese snack shop in the Tropicana resort, but it is also the entrance to a sushi restaurant. It is open to the public as guests just have to tell the cashier that they want to go inside.

The cashier then opens a door hidden within the shelves to a modernized sushi establishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYNnWzX_mrI
Old 06-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Circa 33 - Portland, OR. Is a prohibition themed bar, there's a second hidden bar (which is also their location for live music) that is hidden behind o book case.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 06-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

there is a neat bar/restaurant I've been to a couple times in Oxford OH (college town) where the main entrance is off the back alley down a stairway that is impossible to see until you are right up on it - no sign or anything, no idea what the place is called but good food.

a friend and I once stopped at some little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant for what was supposed to be a casual late lunch, but the food was so awesome and the pitchers of margaritas were only $6 so it turned into a several hour party (back in college days) - this was just off an arterial road in an area that I thought I was kind of familiar with, but we had to park on a residential side road and walk about a block to get to it. Anyways, I looked for that restaurant for years but could never find it again - it had a really generic sounding name that I probably remembered wrong anyways, and anyone that I described it to would always confuse it with some other place. I honestly think it was in the Twilight Zone.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

In West Hollywood. Laurel Hardware. It was a regular hardware store back in the day. Now it is a bar/restaurant and they kept the name and exterior the exact same !!!

Hip farm-to-table restaurant in former hardware store serving New American fare & fancy cocktails.
Address: 7984 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046
Old 06-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #5
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
In West Hollywood. Laurel Hardware. It was a regular hardware store back in the day. Now it is a bar/restaurant and they kept the name and exterior the exact same !!!

Hip farm-to-table restaurant in former hardware store serving New American fare & fancy cocktails.
Address: 7984 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046

That reminded me of Paymaster Lounge, which kept the original Paymaster sign.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:04 PM   #6
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
That reminded me of Paymaster Lounge, which kept the original Paymaster sign.

Yeah this Laurel Hardware you would NEVER even know it is a bar! I've seen it many times and of course just assumed it was a hardware store till one day my friend was in the car with me and she pointed it out and said 'Did you know that is a bar"! I was like "What? Really"? I wonder how many people aren't aware of that, and need hardware supplies and go in ! Only clue is that it's around lots of other bars/restaurants and an old fashioned hardware store does seem kind of out of place there.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl

Yeah this Laurel Hardware you would NEVER even know it is a bar! I've seen it many times and of course just assumed it was a hardware store till one day my friend was in the car with me and she pointed it out and said 'Did you know that is a bar"! I was like "What? Really"? I wonder how many people aren't aware of that, and need hardware supplies and go in ! Only clue is that it's around lots of other bars/restaurants and an old fashioned hardware store does seem kind of out of place there.

Go in for a hammer, come out hammered.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Hidden VIP Lounge in Forest Hills Stadium - Queens, NY

There is a secret VIP lounge in Forest Hills Stadium where guests enter through a porta potty. The VIP guests are given directions to the exact location and a 9-volt battery to open the door.

Inside the lounge is a self-serve bar of free booze, sofas and chairs, and a prime view of the stage.