Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Default I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out

I am getting some teeth taken out on Friday and could use some prayer and support. It's not going to be easy and the whole thing including the process may be really painful for me to deal with.

Wish me luck everyone!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

Good luck my friend!

I'm getting mine out in a few months as well, so, good luck!

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #3
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Good luck!

I had mine taken out when I was in Middle School before I got my braces put on.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 06-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
PhoenixAcres
Happy Fall

I had mine out not too long ago. I wouldn't describe it as painful, but my mouth was sore for about a week. The operation itself shouldn't give you much trouble since they usually put you under. Immediately after it's over you'll probably feel nauseous and disoriented but it passes before long.

I'll be sending prayers your way for a successful operation and swift recovery!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
PhoenixAcres
Happy Fall

And Svenfan, good luck to you too when the time comes!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:05 AM   #6
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted Nov. 2013. I was given twilight anesthesia and I remember feeling a little sick and coughing a lot as the drugs were administered. I told the doc I felt "light-headed" and I was out.

My eyes opened off and on during the procedure and I could tell they were working, but I didn't feel anything. Then I remember him putting things away and I asked if we were done and he said "Yes."

The whole thing felt like 5 minutes, but everything took about an hour. I had to sit in the chair maybe 15 minutes until I was able to walk out of there and take a cab home. Once the meds wore off I was in a lot of pain and I was prescribed painkillers, but I never took them. Doc said to only take them if the pain was "extreme" and over-the-counter Motrin was enough for me.

Thankfully, I had no complications from the procedure (bleeding, swelling...). The pain lasted for about a week and it was aggravated when I had to yawn or sneeze since it stretched my mouth open. I had to stay on a soft/liquid diet for a few days.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:21 AM   #7
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Prayers to you and good luck! I've had all mine out in my younger days, not all at once though! I won't lie, It's not pleasant, but you will get through it! Honestly I guess I went through it well, thinking back it wasn't really THAT traumatic from what I remember ! Get it done, take whatever meds they give you, go to bed , drink tea and eat soup. Before you know it you will be fine!!!

Old 06-21-2017, 01:50 AM   #8
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

I have had stuff done to my teeth and believe me it was no fun and it all started when I was gonna go shopping I pulled a piece of chewing gum out of my purse and I started chewing my gum when suddenly I chewed something hard and it turned out it was my tooth and when I told my mother about it we rushed out of the mall and back to the car where she called the dentist and made an appointment for me the next day. And the pain was so bad I couldn't enjoy the Church's Fried Chicken we ate for lunch but my mother kept telling me I would feel better the next day. So anyway I went to the dentist the next day and it turned out I needed a new crown on my tooth and I had to sit there until I got tired. And when I got home I had some ramen noodles and some fruit and then I felt better
Hope it all goes great for you Mikaela and I hope you feel great afterwards
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 06-21-2017, 06:26 AM   #9
ponytail

I had mine pulled out about 10 years ago. It wasn't bad at all. Follow the doctors orders. Good luck and I hope it goes smoothly for you.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:22 AM   #10
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Guess it's different for everyone. The two in my upper mouth were pulled without Novocaine as I was told the shots would be more painful, I had choice of course, so I went without the shots, don't remember the extraction hurting much at all and it was over before I knew it. Maybe the difference is the age you have them pulled?
Old 06-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #11
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

With my wisdom teeth extraction, the first time I had some pain during the surgery because one tooth grew on its side. I wasn't under, I was awake the whole time. Same as my second visit, but that one didn't go that long since those teeth were easier to remove.

I also had a molar that had to be taken out as well that whole time.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 06-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #12
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

I had mine taken out in the summer of 2003. I was in pain for the first day but after that it quickly subsided with over-the-counter ibuprofen. Good luck to you. You'll be fine.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #13
IllinoisTVFan

Depends on how severe they are. One wisdom tooth was inflamed and that was painful. The other three were pulled for braces and not painful at all.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:54 PM   #14
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

good luck - hopefully all goes well for you.

I don't want to scare you but mine were a nightmare - the two top ones were no big deal, but both my bottom ones were impacted (growing straight forward, not breaking the surface of the gums) and swollen. I had to have over 30 shots of Novocain and was awake through the whole thing which lasted somewhere around 6 hours while they sliced open the gums and had to actually break the teeth and pick out the individual pieces because the roots had wrapped around part of the jawbone or something. I was a mess for almost a week after that and am now allergic to Novocain because of it.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #15
mrbaconclay
Frequent Poster

I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 10 years ago and it wasn't bad. Yes you are swollen for awhile but the process is not bad. I was put to sleep when it happened. I wish you the best of luck on Friday.