Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Gimme a Break! Online / Gimme a Break! links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Gimme a Break! Photo Gallery

Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal)

Buy Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD if you are in the US
/ Buy in Canada
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
/ Buy in Canada

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Gimme a Break!
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-18-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
Smartboy

Default My Favorite Actress

Right below this thread, there is another one started by me. In this thread I mentioned a joke made by a female poster that I used to correspond with quite regularly. A couple of nights ago, she responded to a thread that I started on the "Friends" page of this site. For those of you who are interested, the thread is called "The Same Day". In this reply, she expressed her misunderstanding that the late Hazel Shermet was my favorite actress. The fact that she thought this is probably because of how much I have posted about her. You see, the first time that I saw her and took note of her was in the episode of this show called the "Emergency". I was twelve-years-old at the time. As I am sure that a lot of you know, this was one of three times that she appeared on this series. When I learned that she was already in her sixties when she made these appearances, I was very impressed with how good she looked for a woman her age. I also thought that she was very energetic for a woman that old. However, my favorite actress overall is, unconditionally, Helen Hunt! As a lot of true fans of this show know, she was considered for the part of Katie. On top of this, she made a guest appearance in the first-season episode "An Unmarried Couple". Just in case anyone here is interested, she also made one guest appearance on "Friends".
Old 06-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
Wawwie

Considering you are a typical guy, I can understand you picking Helen over Hazel. However, IMO, the better actress is Hazel.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #3
Smartboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
Considering you are a typical guy, I can understand you picking Helen over Hazel. However, IMO, the better actress is Hazel.

To the best of my knowledge, Hazel was, pretty much, a bit-part player who would usually make brief appearances on things that had little to do with the main plot of the story. How can you judge by that how good of an actress she is? Maybe I am missing something.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #4
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartboy
To the best of my knowledge, Hazel was, pretty much, a bit-part player who would usually make brief appearances on things that had little to do with the main plot of the story. How can you judge by that how good of an actress she is? Maybe I am missing something.
I was thinking that you picked Helen because you thought she was hot. Am I missing something???
Old 06-18-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
Smartboy

Quote:
I was thinking that you picked Helen because you thought she was hot. Am I missing something???

In the first place, yes I do think that Helen Hunt is hot. However, I still want to address the question about why you think that Hazel Shermet is a good actress.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #6
Wawwie

I remember making a post about how I thought your favorite actress was Hazel Shermet. Now the post has mysteriously vanished. I made the post right after your original post. Now poof, it's just gone. Very odd.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

All of your posts make no sense. They can't be understood.

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #8
Smartboy

Quote:
I remember making a post about how I thought your favorite actress was Hazel Shermet. Now the post has mysteriously vanished. I made the post right after your original post. Now poof, it's just gone. Very odd.

Is the post that you are referring to the one on the "Friends" page? It was on the "Friends" page that I started a thread called "The Same Day". It was here that I wrote about Helen Hunt being my favorite actress. You responded by writing that you thought that Hazel Shermet was my favorite actress. After reading the post that I am currently replying to, I went over to the "Friends" page and looked up my old thread. Everything there is still in tact. Maybe you posted something else that disappeared.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #9
Smartboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234
All of your posts make no sense. They can't be understood.

What to you mean they did not make sense? This thread, for instance, is about the fact that Helen Hunt and not Hazel Shermet is my favorite actress. I started it after I read a post by someone who thought that Hazel Shermet was my favorite actress. What in there do you not understand?