Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-01-2015, 12:47 AM   #1
SameOleMe
Occasional Poster

Default Season 7 DVD?

Hey Gang,

I grew up on the final couple seasons of this show and then ignored it all through syndication. I saw that it was on METv last year, and started watching it, and loved it all over again. I received the first 6 seasons for Christmas from a family member. I sit here over 6 months later wondering when we are getting Season 7 and beyond? Anyone have an idea about this? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
GeorgeWBushGOP
Forum Regular

Who knows...? no show ever went in a completely different direction in its prime, like Happy Days in my opinion.. the show to me was the foursome.. then half of them were depleted.. and it was primarily a teen show at that point.. they tried doing different things with Fonz.. and Potsie was a complete fish out of water.. the Fonz/Roger dynamic had no magic and chemistry like Richie... I am surprised it lasted as long after, but they found a new audience with the Joannid/ Chachie affair..
Old 07-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

Season 6's release was announced on September and released on December, so there's still time for CBS Paramount to announce the release of Season 7. Since they completed Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy I don't see why they wouldn't release all HD seasons on DVD.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
Old 07-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
faraj
Forum Regular

They ought to release the Complete series of Happy Days on DVD.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
studd911

With everything be cut an edited without everything that was shown on the original broadcast I wouldnt spend a dime on it
Old 07-16-2015, 01:22 AM   #6
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
With everything be cut an edited without everything that was shown on the original broadcast I wouldnt spend a dime on it
I wouldn't blame you, but being a passionate, longtime, diehard, proud Happy Days fan, I would get that anyways.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
studd911

In the future we need to start a shout factory campaign to encourage them to acquire the masters tapes from cbs/paramount or whomever they are to consider releasing the complete series with everything intact if the fanbass is huge as well as demanding it what do we have to lose as I have said classic shows like these needs to be presented exactly how we remembered it again a suggestion shout would do if its demanded
Old 11-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #8
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

How about the possibility of CBS selling the home-entertainment rights to Happy Days to VEI Home Entertainment?

CBS Home Entertainment has a deal with VEI to license and release some of the CBS Distribution library. VEI has released Complete Series Collections of Barnaby Jones, Diagnosis: Murder, Sister, Sister, and The Parkers (the latter two of which were produced by Paramount TV), among others. If Paramount Home Entertainment is not willing to release Happy Days's remaining seasons on DVD, then what other option does CBS have? Although, I wouldn't mind Shout! Factory getting the DVD rights to Happy Days, either.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #9
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

If Happy Days is licensed, I'd much rather it be Shout! than VEI. It has a lot of music rights to be worked out, and VEI doesn't really do that unfortunately.

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #10
thebigcookie

Has Shout ever done anything by CBS Paramount? I’m not aware of any shows they have done that were owned by CBS Paramount. VEI would make more sense since they have done a lot of CBS Paramount shows.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #11
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcookie
Has Shout ever done anything by CBS Paramount? Iím not aware of any shows they have done that were owned by CBS Paramount. VEI would make more sense since they have done a lot of CBS Paramount shows.

I know Shout has released 4 out of the 6 seasons of Webster and all of That Girl, both owned by CBS/Paramount. I'd just rather Happy Days be done with Shout! Factory so they can get the music rights and re-do the first few seasons' music edits. And also it'd be nice if they could do others like Petticoat Junction, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Love Boat and My Three Sons in complete series sets so at least they'd be out there and done. Shout should just get these from CBS/Paramount so they can release complete series sets.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #12
thebigcookie

I’m also waiting on Seasons 7-9 of The Game and Seasons 2-6 of Moesha. Those are also CBS Paramount titles.