Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #16
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 1,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I think Donald Trump is the worst president ever...but I would NEVER swoop as low as Kathy Griffin did!

Many still say GWB is the worst president ever and still blame him over a lot...but no one really destroyed GWB in his first year....

And I only know a few people who like Trump...and no one, not even me like him...but we'd only talk about it that's it....

Agreed. I do know several Trump supporters and they are low life losers. No, not because of Trump but they were that way before Trump came around and now use his victory as an excuse to bash other races, genders etc. One guy wears Confederate shirts, claims to be a Klan member and even asked me out before (um, no). They are people I avoid. Oddly, I know many actual Republicans in power and they are all cool. Most of them supported Cruz, Kasich and a few supported Rubio and none of them liked Trump. As bad as GWB was as president, I think he's a decent person and Laura Bush is amazing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:53 PM   #17
JSP
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,504
Default

This kind of stuff is what artists feel all the time for those they despise. However Greg Gianforte actually assaulted a reporter and that needs condemnation too. But back to Kathy Griffin, she's just a symptom if the violent undertones in Hollywood right now. How many movies and TV shows have graphic violence? Kathy Griffin is cut from the same cloth as these Hollywood writers. Unfortunately too many creative people these days are using their thoughts for violence.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #18
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy
Just about anybody -----
Shepard Smith from FOX NEWS. (Just Saying)

How about ----
KellyAnne Conway
(NO)

Ok Ok
BROOKE BALDWIN
I'm not sure any of them would mesh with Anderson Cooper. How about Erin Burnett?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #19
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 1,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
This kind of stuff is what artists feel all the time for those they despise. However Greg Gianforte actually assaulted a reporter and that needs condemnation too. But back to Kathy Griffin, she's just a symptom if the violent undertones in Hollywood right now. How many movies and TV shows have graphic violence? Kathy Griffin is cut from the same cloth as these Hollywood writers. Unfortunately too many creative people these days are using their thoughts for violence.

True but it's part of a bigger problem and people in general are violent lately. Even though I dislike Trump, I am astounded by how many Trump haters support this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:57 PM   #20
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
As bad as GWB was as president, I think he's a decent person and Laura Bush is amazing.
And at least GW refused to vote for Trump. Bush, Sr. didn't vote for Trump either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #21
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 1,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
And at least GW refused to vote for Trump. Bush, Sr. didn't vote for Trump either.

Exactly. My respect for the Bushes went up. I know both Barbara and Laura Bush admitted they weren't voting for him. Not surprised, because I bet they are friends, or at least friendly towards Hillary being she was a First Lady too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #22
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Exactly. My respect for the Bushes went up. I know both Barbara and Laura Bush admitted they weren't voting for him. Not surprised, because I bet they are friends, or at least friendly towards Hillary being she was a First Lady too.
Bush, Sr. actually voted for Hillary. GW said he didn't vote at all. Either way, Trump never got any Bush votes!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:07 PM   #23
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 1,806
Default

And Jeb, who wants to be president didn't vote either. He said he voted for Johnson if I recall. I suspect he will take on Trump in 2020 (assuming he isn't impeached by then).
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #24
Babalu
Senior Member
Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
I'm not sure any of them would mesh with Anderson Cooper. How about Erin Burnett?


I think you missed the point. He was joking that no one but a flaming liberal is acceptable to CNN (or ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc.)
__________________
.








I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #25
Wawwie
Senior Member
Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
I think you missed the point. He was joking that no one but a flaming liberal is acceptable to CNN (or ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc.)
I didn't miss the point at all, dillweed
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #26
bandito
Senior Member
Going Topless
 
bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2002
Location: The Steel City
Posts: 6,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
And Jeb, who wants to be president didn't vote either. He said he voted for Johnson if I recall. I suspect he will take on Trump in 2020 (assuming he isn't impeached by then).
Impeached? For what?? Just because you don't like the president doesn't mean other people dislike him he was elected by the people so someone must like him. Get used to Trump cause he will be re elected in 2020.
__________________
bandito
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:48 PM   #27
bandito
Senior Member
Going Topless
 
bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2002
Location: The Steel City
Posts: 6,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I think Donald Trump is the worst president ever...but I would NEVER swoop as low as Kathy Griffin did!

Many still say GWB is the worst president ever and still blame him over a lot...but no one really destroyed GWB in his first year....

And I only know a few people who like Trump...and no one, not even me like him...but we'd only talk about it that's it....
The worst President ever will go down as Barry Obummer
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:54 PM   #28
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,090
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
Impeached? For what?? Just because you don't like the president doesn't mean other people dislike him he was elected by the people so someone must like him. Get used to Trump cause he will be re elected in 2020.
It is hilarious how the word "impeached" is thrown around but they don't say what the grounds for impeachment would be.
__________________
1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #29
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,090
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
The worst President ever will go down as Barry Obummer
I would like to know why someone would claim that Trump is the "worst president ever?" Is it because they don't agree with his policies? Yes, that's probably why!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:12 PM   #30
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 1,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito
Impeached? For what?? Just because you don't like the president doesn't mean other people dislike him he was elected by the people so someone must like him. Get used to Trump cause he will be re elected in 2020.

Russia. I think he is involved with Russia and yes that is impeachable if he was involved. Not to mention he told them secrets from Israel. He will not be re-elected in 2020, his popularity is around 30% https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/. He also wasn't elected by the people, he won the electoral vote, which is a BIG difference.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.