Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-28-2017, 03:24 AM   #1
Wawwie

Default Commercials you are sick of?

OH MY GOODNESS, it seems like this f@@cking dumbass commercial is on every two minutes on every channel. I am so sick of this damn f@@ck assing commercial!

https://youtu.be/Gj3wxCw7kSk
Old 05-28-2017, 06:14 AM   #2
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

The progressive insurance ones. Those aren't even funny at all.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
Regulus

Madderest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
The progressive insurance ones. Those aren't even funny at all.
Commercials such as these, aired morning, noon and night are the reason I cancelled my subscription to pay TV 10 1/2 years ago. I know I'm not alone, the three things mentioned in a survey of cord-cutters are:

Prices, in my city basic cable costs $159.00 a month.

Useless Channels.

Commercials (The INSANE amount of these crammed into each show, no one has mentioned WHAT was being advertised)

IMO It's time to rate commercials just as they rate shows. They should rate the commercials on a device that lets viewers set their device to, (I know, zillions of households would set their TV sets to MA-10, and set the commercials at TV-Y) parents (and grandparents) could relax knowing the their kids are watching a show, and "Adult Products" would not be thrown at them.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #4
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
Commercials such as these, aired morning, noon and night are the reason I cancelled my subscription to pay TV 10 1/2 years ago. I know I'm not alone, the three things mentioned in a survey of cord-cutters are:

Useless Channels.

Commercials (The INSANE amount of these crammed into each show, no one has mentioned WHAT was being advertised)

IMO It's time to rate commercials just as they rate shows. They should rate the commercials on a device that lets viewers set their device to, (I know, zillions of households would set their TV sets to MA-10, and set the commercials at TV-Y) parents (and grandparents) could relax knowing the their kids are watching a show, and "Adult Products" would not be thrown at them.

There's also Liberty Mutual as well, which is also unfunny along with the Samuel L. Jackson commercials for CapitalOne. The GEICO ones are really hilarious though.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #5
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus

Useless Channels.

Ditto @ the useless channels! 1000+ channels and nothing to watch lol! And like you said, cable isn't worth paying for anymore. Especially the Viacom channels- are not worth it! If you watch digital TV like Antenna TV and Me-TV, there are significantly less commercials an hour than cable. Cable is like 20 minutes of commercials IN 40 MINUTES.

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 05-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #6
irehtman

The Hyundai hell commercial, the worst in TV advertisement history!
Old 05-28-2017, 11:38 AM   #7
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

The JG Wentworth commercials ! "Call JG Wentworth , 877 Cash now"!!!

Very annoying!

Also IDK what they are even advertising?, but it is ALWAYS on LOGO TV that I've been watching alot because of ODAAT, Alice and Roseanne!

It goes like this:::

"Kids don't have school today, save at the matinee" Than they say something else that I forget and than "burgers for everyone"

That is really annoying!

The commercial is for Groupon, I just found out!!

Last edited by Bonniegirl : 06-01-2017 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #8
Regulus

Madderest What GIECO means

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
There's also Liberty Mutual as well, which is also unfunny along with the Samuel L. Jackson commercials for CapitalOne. The GEICO ones are really hilarious though.

Generally
E xcruciatingly
Irritating
Commercial
Organization
Old 05-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #9
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
The JG Wentworth commercials ! "Call JG Wentworth , 877 Cash now"!!!

Very annoying!

Also IDK what they are even advertising?, but it is ALWAYS on LOGO TV that I've been watching alot because of ODAAT, Alice and Roseanne!

It goes like this:::

"Kids don't have school today, save at the matinee" Than they say something else that I forget and than "burgers for everyone"

That is really annoying!

The JG Wentworth singing one IS annoying! Ugh. Also not because it's annoying, but I don't like the ASPCA commercials. I appreciate what they are doing, but the commercials are sad.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #10
LUNCH

All modern commercials to me are un-watchable.I can't name a specific commercial that's even worse than the others because I avoid watching any and all commericals with the DVR or switching the channels etc.American TV channels have turned into one big commercial.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #11
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

What about the Citi Cash card "What if everyone said exactly what they mean?" commercial.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #12
William Hogan Jr
Forum Regular

I'm sick of advertising! Period! If I don't see it on TV or hear it on the radio, then they get you in the mail, on the internet, or even on the phone! I wish they would get rid of advertising!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #13
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

I think the JG Wentworth commercials are hilarious.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #14
70s show watcher

that mass mautual commercial with the brother and sister whining about having to sell their mothers piano that commercial really gets on my nerves
Old 05-28-2017, 10:33 PM   #15
mets82

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNCH
All modern commercials to me are un-watchable.I can't name a specific commercial that's even worse than the others because I avoid watching any and all commericals with the DVR or switching the channels etc.American TV channels have turned into one big commercial.

First there are so many commercials that I can't stand it. And frankly, they all stink.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.