Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-25-2017, 03:11 AM   #1
Family Ties Forever!

Question Do You Still Check Out Books From The Library?

Do you still check out books from the library?

I do.
I get them from The Texas State Library Talking Book Program. I sure hope it doesn't close in the next two years because of financial reasons.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:31 AM   #2
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

I just recently about two years ago got a library membership with the LA public library! I checked out maybe only two books but lots of movies/DVD's there! It's very cool. I hadn't had a library card or even been to a public library in years, than my therapist who I go to for my anxiety disorder recommended that I should go to the library ! I'm glad I took her advice it's really cool!

I really would love to start checking out more books to read! I used to LOVE reading, but with being on the internet nowadays I got away from reading books but always have the thought in mind that I'd love to find a good book and sit and relax and read it!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 03:39 AM   #3
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

My mother and I used to check out books from our two libraries that were in our city but then we quit going because it seemed that our libraries started to have books only in Spanish but my mother and I would check out romance novels and I would check out the newest Goosebumps series books because I was a huge fan of the Goosebumps books but then one of the reasons we quit checking out books from the library was the library would call us and tell us that the book was overdue or stolen and we would always tell them we never stole books from the library. Two other incidents we had with the library was when I was playing a board game with my mom we accidently used my mom's library card as a playing piece and we put the library card in the game box when we returned the board game to the store and when my mom and I were gonna check out books when we noticed the card was missing and the librarian had to call Service Merchandise and tried to get it back but no luck. And one time Mom checked out a Frank Sinatra cd and when we returned it Mom accidently put another cd and we had to get our cd back because Mom thought the Frank Sinatra cd was ours. But after those incidents we never bothered with the library again. I think libraries are nice but with the rise of bookstores like Barnes And Noble libraries have become a thing of the past and I remember when libraries had neat stuff and activities for younger children and storytellers and after school programs that taught kids neat things but libraries as well as the bookmobiles should make a huge comeback this century
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 05-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #4
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl

I really would love to start checking out more books to read! I used to LOVE reading, but with being on the internet nowadays I got away from reading books but always have the thought in mind that I'd love to find a good book and sit and relax and read it!!!

You can checkout library books for free online at OpenLibrary.org. They mostly have older books, but it's a great service.

https://openlibrary.org
Old 05-25-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Not as much as I used to, been spoiled by my Kindle. I have checked out on the online library, but mainly I read books I've gotten through Amazon, a lot you can get for free, or they have great deals for cheap. Also buy lots of used books whenever I can get to Powell Books.
My wife goes to the library a lot, she devours books, she will bring a book home here and there she thinks I might like.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 05-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #6
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I check out movies more often than books.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #7
Hollywood Rock Chic

I normally buy my books, either online or at Barnes and Noble, but once in a while, I will go to the library to check out a book that I am interested in reading.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.

I am about to. There's a book here at the library that just came out about social issues that I hope is not yet checked out.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
AB
Forum Celebrity
Merry Christmas

I hardly ever go to the library anymore because there are so many homeless people that hang out there. They follow you around and ask for money. I have a library card and I use the number to check out books through their online service for my tablet. But the selection is limited. I'm hoping they will add more books in the near future.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:41 PM   #10
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

I haven't checked out a library book since about 2009. I'm kind of ashamed of that, since I do love to read, but the local library isn't very well stocked. They can loan them from other libraries, though.

I just need to read more in general. Like the rest of the world, I've become way too "net" dependent.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:29 AM   #11
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

Yes, I just checked out two books last week. The due date is three weeks from check out date.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:44 AM   #12
Family Ties Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape
You can checkout library books for free online at OpenLibrary.org. They mostly have older books, but it's a great service.

Hi Sharon, I'll check out that link.
Did you know that the Texas State Library Talking Book Prgram may have to close in two years? I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't let me. It says your e-mail address isn't available either.

Last edited by Family Ties Forever! : 05-27-2017 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:03 AM   #13
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape

LOVE that site so much! Discovered yesterday that they even have newer books as well.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #14
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

I very rarely check books out from the library. I now have an e-reader, so that is my go to source for books right now.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:55 PM   #15
Crusinforabrusin

I check out books on occasion. I prefer to buy my books at a bookstore (Half-Price to be exact)