Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2017, 02:50 AM   #1
LaBestia
Senior Member
Chris Harrison Rules
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 2,361
Default Has anyone seen a type of flower called a amapola?

I have been a fan of the song Amapola and I would like to know if anyone has seen an actual amapola flower? Are amapolas beautiful flowers and what do they actually look like? I also think Amapola is a beautiful name as well
Bestie
__________________
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #2
Foggy
Forum Regular
Member
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 20, 2014
Location: Zanesville Ohio
Posts: 803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
I have been a fan of the song Amapola and I would like to know if anyone has seen an actual amapola flower? Are amapolas beautiful flowers and what do they actually look like? I also think Amapola is a beautiful name as well
Bestie

I would post a picture, but my computer won't allow pictures to download.
However, here is a youtube video (believe it or not) of amapolas (3:53 long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhZVQRVYrDE
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #3
Hollywood Rock Chic
Senior Member
Member
 
Hollywood Rock Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
I have been a fan of the song Amapola and I would like to know if anyone has seen an actual amapola flower? Are amapolas beautiful flowers and what do they actually look like? I also think Amapola is a beautiful name as well
Bestie


I believe Amapola is Spanish for Poppy
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
MISST3
Senior Member
Member
 
MISST3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 16, 2016
Posts: 5,088
Default

Yes, Amapolas, are also called Poppies
Attached Images
  
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:47 AM   #5
LaBestia
Senior Member
Chris Harrison Rules
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 2,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISST3
Yes, Amapolas, are also called Poppies
So amapolas are really poppies after all. Because when I first heard the song Amapola sung by The Chase UK host Bradley Walsh I thought it was about a fictional flower and I didn't know that amapolas are really beautiful flowers that really existed. In fact due to the song Amapola being my favorite song Amapola has now become one of my nicknames that Mom often calls me. Thank you for the information and the beautiful picture of the amapolas MissT3
Bestie
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #6
Hollywood Rock Chic
Senior Member
Member
 
Hollywood Rock Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
I have been a fan of the song Amapola and I would like to know if anyone has seen an actual amapola flower? Are amapolas beautiful flowers and what do they actually look like? I also think Amapola is a beautiful name as well
Bestie


Since we both live in the same state. California's state flower is the Golden Poppy also known as the la amapola Here are a few pictures
Attached Images
   
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #7
MISST3
Senior Member
Member
 
MISST3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 16, 2016
Posts: 5,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
So amapolas are really poppies after all. Because when I first heard the song Amapola sung by The Chase UK host Bradley Walsh I thought it was about a fictional flower and I didn't know that amapolas are really beautiful flowers that really existed. In fact due to the song Amapola being my favorite song Amapola has now become one of my nicknames that Mom often calls me. Thank you for the information and the beautiful picture of the amapolas MissT3
Bestie

You're welcome, Labestia. Hollywood Rock Chic, those Golden Poppies are beautiful! I've never heard of them before.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #8
Hollywood Rock Chic
Senior Member
Member
 
Hollywood Rock Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISST3
You're welcome, Labestia. Hollywood Rock Chic, those Golden Poppies are beautiful! I've never heard of them before.


The Golden Poppies are wildflowers here in California, they grow everywhere

Last edited by Hollywood Rock Chic : 05-29-2017 at 03:59 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:03 AM   #9
LaBestia
Senior Member
Chris Harrison Rules
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2016
Location: California
Posts: 2,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
I believe Amapola is Spanish for Poppy
That's a pretty interesting fact to know about amapolas and I think they are wonderful flowers and I never knew that Amapola actually means poppy in Spanish and if you can have a listen to the version of the song Amapola by Bradley Walsh and you'll see why the song and amapolas are now my favorite flower
Thanks for the awesome fact Hollywood Rock Chick
Bestie
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 AM   #10
Hollywood Rock Chic
Senior Member
Member
 
Hollywood Rock Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
That's a pretty interesting fact to know about amapolas and I think they are wonderful flowers and I never knew that Amapola actually means poppy in Spanish and if you can have a listen to the version of the song Amapola by Bradley Walsh and you'll see why the song and amapolas are now my favorite flower
Thanks for the awesome fact Hollywood Rock Chick
Bestie


https://www.google.com/search?q=amap...sh+translation


Hello LaBestia, you are more than welcome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #11
Foggy
Forum Regular
Member
 
Foggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 20, 2014
Location: Zanesville Ohio
Posts: 803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
That's a pretty interesting fact to know about amapolas and I think they are wonderful flowers and I never knew that Amapola actually means poppy in Spanish and if you can have a listen to the version of the song Amapola by Bradley Walsh and you'll see why the song and amapolas are now my favorite flower
Thanks for the awesome fact Hollywood Rock Chick
Bestie

Amapola - Bradley Walsh (Chasing Dreams)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GfwlEqu_o

English Version:

Amapola - Amapola 1941 / ORIGINAL / Helen O'Connell and Bob Eberly w/The Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcFNRGsDQ1s
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #12
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 28,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
The Golden Poppies are wildflowers here in California, they grow everywhere


Also these lovely blue/purple/lilac trees and bushes are everywhere in Southern California! They smell so good and are really pretty!





  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:07 PM   #13
Hollywood Rock Chic
Senior Member
Member
 
Hollywood Rock Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Also these lovely blue/purple/lilac trees and bushes are everywhere in Southern California! They smell so good and are really pretty!







The tree in the first photograph is a favorite mine, the Jacaranda; they are in full bloom right now throughout California, and I love it
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #14
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 28,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
The tree in the first photograph is a favorite mine, the Jacaranda; they are in full bloom right now throughout California, and I love it

There is one right on my street, right near my house!! I love it!! And the flowers fall off the tree and make the sidewalk look so beautiful!! And the fresh smell in the air from it!


Also lots of honeysuckles around here !!! They smell WONDERFUL!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #15
Hollywood Rock Chic
Senior Member
Member
 
Hollywood Rock Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Posts: 4,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
There is one right on my street, right near my house!! I love it!! And the flowers fall off the tree and make the sidewalk look so beautiful!! And the fresh smell in the air from it!


Also lots of honeysuckles around here !!! They smell WONDERFUL!!!!


Oh, I love the smell of honeysuckle, such a heavenly scent.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.