Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-30-2017, 06:26 AM   #1
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Default 2017 Kentucky Derby

On May 6th NBC will air the 2017 Kentucky Derby and each time I hear about the Kentucky Derby I get so full of joy because I love horses and anything having to do with horses and so I would like to know if anyone is planning to watch the 2017 Kentucky Derby this year?
Be sure to mark your calendars for May 6th to see the Kentucky Derby on NBC
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 05-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
retroTVfan4ever

I plan to watch the derby but I'll be glad when it's over because I live not too far from Louisville and all they've been talking about here in the local media these past few weeks is the Kentucky Derby and it's related events and I'm tired of hearing about it.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
I plan to watch the derby but I'll be glad when it's over because I live not too far from Louisville and all they've been talking about here in the local media these past few weeks is the Kentucky Derby and it's related events and I'm tired of hearing about it.
I first learned about the Kentucky Derby from my Thoroughbred book series and by reading about it I thought the Kentucky Derby would be really exciting to see. I hope this year's horses will do well in the Kentucky Derby and maybe we will see another winning horse like Nyquist or my mom's favorite California Chrome
Bestie
Old 05-02-2017, 02:55 AM   #4
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

I love horses, they are beautiful animals! However I believe they should be in a nice open pasture in a natural habitat , a rural area!

To me horse racing is wrong. It's cruelty to animals IMO!!! Animals that are made to race for profit and have people betting on is wrong IMO!

Having horses as pets because you love them, and riding and galloping around on them (running naturally because THEY want to) is so much nicer than making them run/ race for the sake of placing bets and financial gain !
Old 05-02-2017, 09:57 AM   #5
retroTVfan4ever

The current weather forecast for this years derby day is for cool weather with a small chance of rain.

I like grey horses and whenever a grey horse is in a horse race I hope it wins. I think there is supposed to be at least one grey horse in this years derby. It seems though that brown horses are generally the faster runners because not too many grey horses win horse races.

I can understand the dislike of racing horses for sport and profit, I'm not really fond of it either. But I watch the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont each year because they are such big events. Every once in a while there is tragedy on the race track, like what happened a few years ago with that horse named Barbaro. Always very sad when something like that happens. But I don't think horse racing will ever be outlawed in the USA because there are people making a lot of money with it.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:24 AM   #6
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Always Dreaming has won the 2017 Kentucky Derby and I got so excited when I learned about it. I saw part of The Kentucky Derby and I thought it was impressive
Did anyone get to watch the 2017 Kentucky Derby today?
Bestie
Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
I love horses, they are beautiful animals! However I believe they should be in a nice open pasture in a natural habitat , a rural area!

To me horse racing is wrong. It's cruelty to animals IMO!!! Animals that are made to race for profit and have people betting on is wrong IMO!

Having horses as pets because you love them, and riding and galloping around on them (running naturally because THEY want to) is so much nicer than making them run/ race for the sake of placing bets and financial gain !

How do you know horses enjoy people riding on their backs? And if they do enjoy it, why wouldn't they enjoy racing? Horses don't know or understand people are betting on them.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 05-07-2017, 11:24 AM   #8
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
How do you know horses enjoy people riding on their backs? And if they do enjoy it, why wouldn't they enjoy racing? Horses don't know or understand people are betting on them.

Well the jockey's are hitting them with a whip for one thing, and there's a lot of noise and commotion going on at the horse race that might be upsetting to a horse!

I actually watched this kentucky Derby yesterday, was forced too because the lady I work for had it on and I have to sit and watch whatever she wants if she decides she wants to watch TV! Seeing the pretty horses was nice, but like I said I'd rather see them in a nice field rather than a race track! Just my humble opinion!

Poor Patch ( I think that was his name)? the horse missing an eye due to an infection!
Old 05-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #9
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

And as per my last post! As I said that is my opinion about it! To those who like the KD, I hope you enjoyed it yesterday, and if you bet hope you won!

So that is all I'll say as my intention wasn't to debate or fight with anyone here!
Old 05-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #10
Babalu

Quote:
And as per my last post! As I said that is my opinion about it! To those who like the KD, I hope you enjoyed it yesterday, and if you bet hope you won!

So that is all I'll say as my intention wasn't to debate or fight with anyone here!

No fighting. You know me. I go by facts. I didn't watch the Derby. I too believe that it is cruel to the horses. I've been to horse races many times - although it was never my idea - and I've seen races horses die on the track. It's pretty unpleasant. But there are definitely horses that love to race. And if you know horses you know that they have to be broken to allow people to ride on their backs for whatever reason. I just disagree with the notion that horse racing is evil simply because people bet on the races.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #11
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Well the jockey's are hitting them with a whip for one thing, and there's a lot of noise and commotion going on at the horse race that might be upsetting to a horse!

I actually watched this kentucky Derby yesterday, was forced too because the lady I work for had it on and I have to sit and watch whatever she wants if she decides she wants to watch TV! Seeing the pretty horses was nice, but like I said I'd rather see them in a nice field rather than a race track! Just my humble opinion!

Poor Patch ( I think that was his name)? the horse missing an eye due to an infection!

Yeah, if I had some little guy on my back whipping me I probably wouldn't be too thrilled with the situation.

And Patch is the correct name.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #12
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

To Babalu and Opus!
Old 05-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #13
retroTVfan4ever

It was weird in the race yesterday with that horse Thunder Snow, it broke poorly from the gate and acted like it didn't want to run, maybe it didn't like the muddy track but I'm glad it wasn't injured.

Getting back to the horse named Barbaro, I'm not an expert on horses but my gut feeling has always been that something was wrong with the horse prior to the race, and the people in charge of it didn't notice or weren't paying attention. I was watching the race on TV that day and as the horses were being walked to the gate, Barbaro wasn't acting right, it had it's head down and it's body language wasn't good, it seemed like the horse was trying to tell the jockey that it didn't feel good and didn't want to run. I wonder if maybe the horse might have already had a minor leg injury prior to the race, which became a major and fatal injury after the race started. Poor Barbaro, to this day I still feel sadness and sympathy for that horse.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:06 AM   #14
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

My mother likes Always Dreaming too because he is a great horse and she loves horses just as I do and Mom got excited when she saw that Always Dreaming won the Kentucky Derby. I wonder if this year Breyer Model Horses will make a limited edition model horse of Always Dreaming for their Kentucky Derby model horse series this year? I have a great feeling that Always Dreaming will be a horse to watch due to his victory in the Kentucky Derby
Bestie