Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #31
Dianne3
Forum Regular

I also didn't know EM was raped.

I was going to ask posters comments (those who remember) back in about the early 90's on a reunion show about EM making accusations against both Ron Howard and especially Henry Winker about sexual harassment.

Sorry if that upsets some, but this was a real incident which I'm confused about what really happened. Like I said, until a few minutes ago I didn't know EM was raped.

Anyway, I am shocked & saddened to hear about EM's passing.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #32
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne3
I also didn't know EM was raped....

Sorry if that upsets some, but this was a real incident which I'm confused about what really happened. Like I said, until a few minutes ago I didn't know EM was raped.

I think that the person who has repeatedly raised this charge should say when it was uttered, to who, and under what circumstances.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #33
MiracleHand
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
I think that the person who has repeatedly raised this charge should say when it was uttered, to who, and under what circumstances.
She said it on Howard Stern in the 90s, someone posted the YouTube clip in the other thread about her death. She said she was raped at the age of 23 by someone close to her, and Stern kept trying to pry more out but she didn't get too into specifics. But it came from her own mouth.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #34
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleHand
She said it on Howard Stern in the 90s, someone posted the YouTube clip in the other thread about her death. She said she was raped at the age of 23 by someone close to her, and Stern kept trying to pry more out but she didn't get too into specifics. But it came from her own mouth.

So are you saying she was just being interviewed, just Howard and she conversing?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #35
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
So are you saying she was just being interviewed, just Howard and she conversing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXeZzVdIw6U
Old 04-26-2017, 07:48 PM   #36
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
I don't know why she went on that show. Same as Dana Plato. All he does is exploit people.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #37
Alan Brady's Hair

Zoneboy: I appreciate your posting the link, but I think it's important that the people making this accusation actually say what's going there. The original poster seems to have an absolute faith in its truthfulness, and others are repeating that without question.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #38
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

whatever his actual feelings may be, Scott Baio definitely comes across as cold, uncaring and unsympathetic. Regardless of the cause or any contributing factors in her passing, Erin was a human being; someone that he had a close personal relationship with and his choice of words seemed callous and incongruent with that.

I don't really care about his politics, but he seems to use that as an excuse for a lot of things and he causes a lot of problems for himself every time he opens his mouth. He seems to prefer the confrontational stance rather than using any tact, reserve or reason. Maybe that's what happens when you grow up being treated like a celebrity constantly surrounded by sycophants only there to exploit or use you. As for the "fake news" - Chachi has been around the block long enough to know how the media can selectively use words out of context against you; however, in this case weren't his comments in an interview setting and a twitter response respectively - both venues he had a certain amount of control over how he came across?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #39
Alan Brady's Hair

Here's a link to Baio's actual radio comments. His interview starts around 2:30 and runs to about 10:00.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5849339-...-will-kill-you
Old 04-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #40
Dianne3
Forum Regular

In hindsight, my post earlier may be confusing.
I was more talking about a breakdown EM had not long after a reunion show (20th?).

As for Scott Baio, hard to believe he is 56. Not that it is acceptable to act a certain way at any age, but you certainly don't expect it at age 56.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #41
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Zoneboy: I appreciate your posting the link, but I think it's important that the people making this accusation actually say what's going there. The original poster seems to have an absolute faith in its truthfulness, and others are repeating that without question.

No confusion intended. When I wrote about the rape in this thread, I had already posted the link to the video in the other thread (http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...=359198&page=2 ), The other thread was more widely read, so I assumed everyone was following that initial thread and knew what I was talking about here. As far as the credibility of Erin's claims (claims out of HER mouth, no one else's), I explained already in this thread my position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
And before someone jumps on me, no, I did not see her raped. But I saw real tears in her eyes and real pain on her face when she revealed that. That was no act. I believe her.

Regarding the venue she chose to make that revelation (Howard Stern Show), this is what I wrote:

Quote:
Yes, she and others chose to go on his show. Erin even chose to make that horrible revelation about rape on his show. I can only assume mental illness played a role in her decision. None of us can understand the mental impact of growing up a celebrity, then having that yanked away from you. And the abuse she apparently experienced WHILE at the height of her fame. Rape by a family member, OMG! In her world she needed her family more than anything to navigate her fame, and at least this one member of her family failed her.

As for her choosing to do Stern's show, she may have been at a point where there was no one she could trust anyway, and also needing some kind of public exposure (no matter how negative) in hopes of jump-starting her career. And Stern exploited her weakness and desperation, just as he did with Dana Plato. Dana Plato also went on the Stern show and was abused horribly by people calling in, which some people believe may have been set up by Stern's staff. Even if they were not plants, Stern's people did nothing to filter out those callers and Dana ended up in tears and the very next day she was dead. (That tragic show is also on Youtube.) Perhaps Howard Stern has some remorse over these decisions, but if so I've never heard about it.

Zoneboy already reposted the link here, but I'll do it once more so all my comments and the video are together in this post. Her rape confession starts at 6:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXeZzVdIw6U
Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:00 PM/8:00 PM Central on CBS
Old 04-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #42
Alan Brady's Hair

Since you won't say it: she agreed to go on The Howard Stern Show and be in a Queen for a Day skit in which she competed with two other child stars for which one had had the worst life as an adult. The only less reliable accusation would be if she were literally being tortured when she uttered it.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #43
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Since you won't say it: she agreed to go on The Howard Stern Show and be in a Queen for a Day skit in which she competed with two other child stars for which one had had the worst life as an adult. The only less reliable accusation would be if she were literally being tortured when she uttered it.

Good grief, how much more can I spell this out? YES, I SAID IT. Sheesh. Here's my comment for the THIRD time:

Quote:
Yes, she and others chose to go on his show. Erin even chose to make that horrible revelation about rape on his show. I can only assume mental illness played a role in her decision. None of us can understand the mental impact of growing up a celebrity, then having that yanked away from you. And the abuse she apparently experienced WHILE at the height of her fame. Rape by a family member, OMG! In her world she needed her family more than anything to navigate her fame, and at least this one member of her family failed her.

As for her choosing to do Stern's show, she may have been at a point where there was no one she could trust anyway, and also needing some kind of public exposure (no matter how negative) in hopes of jump-starting her career. And Stern exploited her weakness and desperation, just as he did with Dana Plato. Dana Plato also went on the Stern show and was abused horribly by people calling in, which some people believe may have been set up by Stern's staff. Even if they were not plants, Stern's people did nothing to filter out those callers and Dana ended up in tears and the very next day she was dead. (That tragic show is also on Youtube.) Perhaps Howard Stern has some remorse over these decisions, but if so I've never heard about it.

And again, MY POSITION as to her credibility:

Quote:
And before someone jumps on me, no, I did not see her raped. But I saw real tears in her eyes and real pain on her face when she revealed that. That was no act. I believe her.

I'm usually very skeptical of claims from people who have been known to have issues. In her case, I believe her. I explained why I believe her. I explained (for the third time now) why I believe her, even though she was made this revelation on Howard Stern's show (who else was calling her to talk)? If you don't believe her, fine, you don't have to believe her. I believe her. And I believe Lauren Chapin, too. Do you doubt her as well?
Old 04-27-2017, 09:14 PM   #44
stevea

This is off the topic, but LRII could you briefly explain what happened to Lauren Chapin? Hadn't heard.

Last edited by stevea : 04-27-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 PM   #45
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea
This is off the topic, but LRII could you briefly explain what happened to Lauren Chapin? Hadn't heard.

Oh gosh, I don't think I can briefly explain that, but I'll try. I'm going by memory here, so I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out. But she had all kinds of abuse as a child, emotional and sexual. And this was going on during the years of FKB. Some of the emotional trauma happened on the set with the show's director. Sexual abuse was going on at home. The day Father Knows Best ended, she found herself suddenly unwelcome at the studio, which is something a child can't quite understand: treated like a star one day, then a nobody the next. Then through the '60s and 70s she got heavily involved in drugs, and that led to prostitution, and I think even jail. She eventually turned to religion. I think she addresses most of this on the Stern show. You hear lots of horrible stories about what happens to child stars. Lauren Chapin's story is one of the absolute worst. It's amazing she didn't die.