Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #91
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
If the Warriors win Game 4...I know they will...Sports Illustrated should revamp this cover...only with Steph Curry replacing Michael Jordan....

I hope not! I hope they don't sweep ! I'd really love to see the Cavs win a couple ! After three straight wins by the Warriors I seriously doubt the Cavs will win the title, but if they could win a couple and not be swept would be cool. Even if say the Warriors win in game 6!

If they win in Game 4 , OMG we will NEVER hear the end of how great they are! And the Warriors are already cocky enough. I wish the Cavs would give them a little fight and not get swept!
Old 06-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #92
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
I hope not! I hope they don't sweep ! I'd really love to see the Cavs win a couple ! After three straight wins by the Warriors I seriously doubt the Cavs will win the title, but if they could win a couple and not be swept would be cool. Even if say the Warriors win in game 6!

If they win in Game 4 , OMG we will NEVER hear the end of how great they are! And the Warriors are already cocky enough. I wish the Cavs would give them a little fight and not get swept!

That...and the other NBA teams would be ****ed! Because the Warriors will seem to be a powerhouse and the Cavs won't be able to shake it off.

The Warriors may go 82-0 next year if they keep this **** up!

I'll take 1-4 over 0-4 because that means...The Cavs tried...

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 06-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #93
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
I'm not watching this nonsense, three years in a row with the same teams in the finals is ridiculous. Ever since Adam Silver took over as commissioner, the NBA has become a disaster.

I didn't care for David Stern b/c he was like Roger Goodell, he wants to play politics in the NBA

The NBA has already been a disaster ever since they moved it to ESPN

ESPN likes to nitpick and compare people like Kobe Bryant and LeBron James to Michael Jordan

That's why I LOVE TNT and NBA TV b/c to me, they give everyone a fair share and plus, I like listening to Charles Barkley, Shaq and Isiah Thomas

Bob Costas said it best "There can only BE 1 Michael Jordan"

When the NBA was on CBS, it was also about Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and the Bad Boys known as the Detroit Pistons

When the NBA moved to NBC in the 90's, it wasn't just about Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Hakeem Olajuwan, David Robinson and up and comers like Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan, it was all about the FIRE and the PASSION!

When the NBA moved to abc/ESPN (which are owned by Disney), it's been all about the hype and most of their commentators (other than Doris Burke) SUCKS

Hey, you can say what you want about the Golden State Warriors, they're a well oiled machine and they are disciplined unlike the Cavaliers who have NO Discipline

I'm a Bulls Guy, but I would always pull for the West whenever LeBron James makes the Finals

I would pull for the Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs and the Golden State Warriors

OKC Thunder made the finals, but they had no experience in the finals and when LeBron won a ring against them, I wasn't surprised, but the only time I didn't watch Game 7 was 4 years ago when the Heat and Spurs played b/c I didn't care who won, the Spurs should've won that year, but anytime I see the LeBron James lose whether it being the Cavs or the Heat, I would ALWAYS get happy and so will my buddies who LOVE Basketball

If you ask me, if the NBA Finals were on TNT, it would be a WHOLE LOT BETTER!

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP
Old 06-08-2017, 05:18 PM   #94
simmytbone

also, don't y'all get mad at me when I say this, but Charles Barkley was dead on correct when he said that the Boston Celtics have a squad, but they don't put any fear in your heart and it showed right there, whenever they play the Cavs, they loss 5 straight postseasons games @ home to the Cavs ever since LeBron James returned to Cleveland

Whenever I think of that rivalry, I think of Larry Bird and Mark Price
Old 06-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #95
retroTVfan4ever

Thinking back to those late 1980's days, the Cavs squad of 1988-89 really should have had a better fate. They were statistically better than the Pistons that year, although it was Detroit winning the division over Cleveland by 6 games. The Cavs ended up with the misfortune of playing the Bulls in the playoffs, that series is where Michael Jordan started to get his reputation and the NBA and rest of the world found out just how fierce and competitive Jordan was going to be.

The Lakers still ruled the West that season, the Jazz statistically were the best defensive NBA team in 88-89 with an awesome starting lineup but their bench wasn't very strong. A flashy Warriors team with firepower on offense surprised Utah in the playoffs and bounced them out in the first round.

The late 1980's/early 1990's were good years for the NBA, lots of exciting competitive basketball unlike todays league with the same two teams having dominance for three straight years.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #96
Dianne3
Forum Regular

Apparently in the earlier rounds, Charles Barkley said these NBA playoffs are so boring, I am going to watch the NHL playoffs instead.

Unfortunately, now the NHL final is a dud with all the lopsided victories.

From a business perspective, the NBA playoffs are not getting enough viewers for ESPN for the billions they spent on their rights.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #97
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne3
Apparently in the earlier rounds, Charles Barkley said these NBA playoffs are so boring, I am going to watch the NHL playoffs instead.

Not "apparently". Definitely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhQo613SxM
Old 06-10-2017, 12:22 AM   #98
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

The greatest comeback in NBA history has officially begun...
Old 06-10-2017, 12:31 AM   #99
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
The greatest comeback in NBA history has officially begun...

Just three more wins! Cavs can do it? Maybe?
Old 06-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #100
retroTVfan4ever

I would laugh if Cleveland comes back from down 0-3 and wins 4 straight games to take the finals. This is unlikely to happen, but would be hilarious if it did.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #101
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

I will take one win over a sweep any day. Because unlike the West teams...The Cavs tried to stop the Warriors.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:05 AM   #102
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne3

Unfortunately, now the NHL final is a dud with all the lopsided victories.

From a business perspective, the NBA playoffs are not getting enough viewers for ESPN for the billions they spent on their rights.

I blame David Stern for putting the NBA on ESPN because he wanted more money and so, instead of expanding it on NBC, he went to abc and ESPN which are owned by Disney and that was a HUGE Mistake

Thank GOD for TNT, ever since they started showin' the NBA, they have AWESOME coverage and great commentators, but it's gottin' better thanks to Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaq, but also, I miss Craig Sager

as I said before, had the NBA allowed TNT to show the Finals instead of abc/ESPN, it would be SO MUCH BETTER

TNT has been USA Network's BIGGEST Competitor
Old 06-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #103
retroTVfan4ever

I agree that TNT has the best NBA coverage. NBC was good too during the time they had the NBA. ABC and ESPN aren't nearly as good.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:07 AM   #104
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
I agree that TNT has the best NBA coverage. NBC was good too during the time they had the NBA. ABC and ESPN aren't nearly as good.

That we can agree with

I mean, when they 1st went to abc and ESPN both owned by Disney, they started every game with "Right Now" and I'm like, what does that have to do with the NBA?

also, if you can remember the theme to the NBA on NBC, that's what got EVERYONE FIRED UP for the game

and the theme was called "Roundball Rock" which was composed by Former News Anchor for WCBS 2 New York and Entertainment Tonight Anchor John Tesh who also composed the theme to Bobby's World w/Howie Mandell of TV's St. Elsewhere and Deal or No Deal Fame

Check it out!

and BTW, the NBA on NBC had great storytelling, plus they had AWESOME Commentators like Marv Albert, Mike Fratello, Bob Costas, Doug Collins, Ahmad Rashad, Hannah Storm, Summer Sanders and Magic Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKX-cf_p90
Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #105
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No Warriors Won It All!

Golden State won it's 2nd Title in 3 years...

I feel that the Cavs won't win another one...and will I have to wait another 51 years for Cleveland to win a Championship?