Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #61
simmytbone

as I said before, the Celtics don't have enough FIRE to compete with the Cavs which is sad

Had the Wizards played against the Cavs, then that would've been an AWESOME Series

Charles Barkley even said it himself, the Celtics have a squad, but they don't put fear in your heart, now LeBron James on the other hand will put fear in your heart

as much as it pains to admit it, he's right, the Celtics don't put ANY Fear in your heart

I think that had Rajon Rondo not got hurt in the 1st round, the Bulls would've swept the Celtics in the 1st round

I also wanted to see another Warriors/Clippers Series and the last time, these 2 teams played each other in the playoffs was 3 years ago in 2014 and the Clippers had home court advantage, but also, they def. the Warriors in 7 games and that was also when the Warriors fired Mark Jackson as the Head Coach and Steve Kerr went from commentary on TNT to Head Coach of the Warriors

I still think that Phil Jackson should've hired Mark Jackson as Head Coach of the Knicks and NOT Derek Fisher who has NO coaching experience whatsoever

I, personally would rather see other teams next season in the NBA Finals

I would like for the Clippers to win them an NBA Title and prove that there's more to L.A. than just the Lakers

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP
Old 05-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #62
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
I no longer think the Celtics will be in the finals this year because they were handed the 1st pick in the draft (I've always thought the NBA draft lottery is rigged because the NBA favors certain teams and the small market teams always get screwed) and that is their prize this time instead of playing in the finals. Looks like the NBA has set the Celts up to be strong finals candidates for next year. And of course the Lakers were handed the 2nd pick, god forbid if the Lakers continue losing 50 plus games every year, and now that Magic Johnson is in charge of things it's going to be mandatory that the Lakers become a force again.

I could see Gordon Hayward leaving Utah to join Boston and his former college coach Stevens. Will see what happens with that.

Not looking good for the Spurs being down 0-2 to Golden State and Leonard out due to injury. If the finals are CLE/GS for the 3rd straight year, as I said before I won't be watching.

I won't doubt the NBA will bring back the Lakers/Celtics rivalry back-up again since Boston and Los Angeles are larger markets than Cleveland and The Bay District which consists of San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 05-19-2017, 10:08 PM   #63
simmytbone

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery...isputed-051917

Shannon Sharpe: Hereís what fans complaining about Cavs-Warriors dominance are forgetting

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors are a combined 19-0 in the playoffs and appear destined to meet in the NBA Finals for the third straight year.

But is that a good thing? There has been less competitive basketball this postseason, and there's no sign of that changing so far in the conference finals. Does that make more fans want to tune out?

On Friday, the panel on 'Undisputed' debated whether the Cavaliers and Warriors' dominance is bad for the NBA.

Rob Parker: This is 'terrible for the NBA'

"For the average NBA fan around NBA America, this is awful. The first time ever in the history of the league, the same two teams will meet in the NBA Finals (three straight seasons) ... and this league's been around (70 years).

"... These two teams right now in the playoffs: 19-0 against the opponents. There's no push-back, no resistance. It's bad for the league."

Rob Parker: It's a cakewalk to the Finals

"LeBron has manipulated the game ... and that's why we are where we are. His dominance is easy because he maneuvered and moved people out of the way.

"It's just like Golden State. I'm telling you, they don't need Kevin Durant. They got Kevin Durant for one reason: Let's get him out of the way to make a clearer path to the championship."

Shannon Sharpe: Here's what you're forgetting

"A lot of people say the golden era was the 1980s because they had Bird, they had Magic. In the 1980s, Larry Bird (or) Magic Johnson played in every NBA Finals.

"And in the 2000s ... the Lakers (or) Spurs played in (all but one) NBA Finals.

"Oh. My. Goodness. Nobody said 'That dominance is bad!' "

Rob Parker: Other teams could compete for a championship
"There were other teams in the mix, and that's what you're leaving out. ...

"The Pistons, with no stars, Skip ó you know this! ó (in) 2004 beat the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe, who had already won three championships in a row. That was a shocker. That will never happen again. Not in this NBA we're in."

Shannon Sharpe: Don't focus on the exception to the rule

"You're talking about the one upset. But the fact of the matter is, the Lakers and the Spurs from the West represented the Western Conference in (almost) every Finals for the entire decade."

Rob Parker: Fans are tuning out
"We talk about TV ratings all the time, which gives you a feel on where people are. Across the board on regional television ... 15 percent decrease in ratings; on the national broadcasts, TNT and ESPN, 8 percent loss, OK? Because yes, you're right, there was a couple of stories, but a lot of people are watching bad basketball ó in New York, in Brooklyn. I could go all over the country. ...

"We need to fix the NBA."

credit: foxsports.com

http://www.foxsports.com/undisputed/video/948119619821
Old 05-20-2017, 05:34 AM   #64
simmytbone

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/2...-1-seed-051917

Wizardsí Bradley Beal: Cavs Ďdidnít want to see us in the second roundí

The Cleveland Cavaliers are the defending NBA champions and 9-0 in the playoffs, but Bradley Beal believes they were scared of his Washington Wizards.

The Cavs lost their last four games of the regular season, giving them the No. 2 seed in the East and a playoff path that took them through Indiana and Toronto while the top-seeded Celtics got the Wizards in Round 2.

And Beal believes that was the Cavsí plan ó to duck the Wiz and have an easier path to the conference finals.

ďCleveland didnít want to see us. I always said that. I felt like thatís the reason they didnít play us in the second round. They didnít want to see us in the second round,Ē Beal said in an interview with CSN Mid-Atlantic. ďIf they were going to go down, they were going to go down in the conference finals. They didnít want to go down in the second round.Ē

Then again, consider this: The Cavs won two of three from the Wiz this season, and Washington blew its chance to face Cleveland in the East finals by losing Game 7 to Boston. So maybe it was the Wizards who didnít want to see the Cavaliers?

Old 05-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #65
irehtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmytbone
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/2...-1-seed-051917

Wizardsí Bradley Beal: Cavs Ďdidnít want to see us in the second roundí

The Cleveland Cavaliers are the defending NBA champions and 9-0 in the playoffs, but Bradley Beal believes they were scared of his Washington Wizards.

The Cavs lost their last four games of the regular season, giving them the No. 2 seed in the East and a playoff path that took them through Indiana and Toronto while the top-seeded Celtics got the Wizards in Round 2.

And Beal believes that was the Cavsí plan ó to duck the Wiz and have an easier path to the conference finals.

ďCleveland didnít want to see us. I always said that. I felt like thatís the reason they didnít play us in the second round. They didnít want to see us in the second round,Ē Beal said in an interview with CSN Mid-Atlantic. ďIf they were going to go down, they were going to go down in the conference finals. They didnít want to go down in the second round.Ē

Then again, consider this: The Cavs won two of three from the Wiz this season, and Washington blew its chance to face Cleveland in the East finals by losing Game 7 to Boston. So maybe it was the Wizards who didnít want to see the Cavaliers?

If the Wizs beat the Celtics on game 7, then the Wizs will have a miserable time or worse playing against the Cavs.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:04 PM   #66
retroTVfan4ever

LOL, now I. Thomas isn't playing for the Celtics. I'm skeptical if he's really injured or not, looks to me like the Celts are cashing in their chips early and wait to see who they will land in the draft with that #1 pick the NBA handed to them on a silver platter.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #67
retroTVfan4ever

LOL, well it looks like the Celts decided to give the Cavs a fight in game 3, maybe they aren't quite ready to cash in their chips just yet. LeBron James had an off night, that's why the Cavs lost. LeBron will bounce back and Cleveland will probably win the next game.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:08 PM   #68
simmytbone

@retroTVfan4ever

You got your wish, the streak of the Cavs is OVER

They are now 10-1 in the Postseason this year

also, I still think that the Wizards would've been a better series for the Cavs
Old 05-21-2017, 11:52 PM   #69
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Yeah!! Game 3 went to the Celtics!!! Even though at first the Cavs were winning!!! But as my Husband and I were saying, now we REALLY have a GAME going on!!! Let the Celtics win a game (or two), have a little challenge going on!!! But the Cavs WILL pull it off in the end!!!
Old 05-24-2017, 01:42 AM   #70
simmytbone

Hey guys,

Congratulations go out to the Golden State Warriors

Last Night, they made history becoming the 1st team in NBA History to go 12-0 in the Western Conference Playoffs and to become the 1st team to go 12-0 heading to the NBA Finals

They are also the 2nd team to have a TRIPLE SWEEP in the Western Conference since the 2001 Los Angeles Lakers lead by the dynamic duo of Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bean Bryant who

That's right, it's been 16 years since a team from the Western Conference pulled off a TRIPLE SWEEP heading to the NBA Finals

also, the Spurs have been SWEPT in the Playoffs for the 1st time in 8 years, they were SWEPT in the 2nd Round by the Phoenix Suns in 2009
Old 05-24-2017, 01:05 PM   #71
irehtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
LOL, well it looks like the Celts decided to give the Cavs a fight in game 3, maybe they aren't quite ready to cash in their chips just yet. LeBron James had an off night, that's why the Cavs lost. LeBron will bounce back and Cleveland will probably win the next game.

The Cavs won Game 4, now let's check on Game 5 tomorrow night at Boston!
Old 05-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #72
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

It may be the Cavs and Warriors...again!
Old 05-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #73
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
The Cavs won Game 4, now let's check on Game 5 tomorrow night at Boston!

Series isn't over yet but now the Celts have to win 3 straight over the Cavs, which is fairly unlikely to happen although 2 of the 3 games will be played in Boston.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:18 PM   #74
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
It may be the Cavs and Warriors...again!

I think it's fairly safe to say it WILL be the Cavs and Warriors again, and in that case I won't be watching because I don't want to watch the same teams in the finals three years in a row. I will say that I think it will be difficult to beat the Warriors because they seem determined to avenge their loss in the finals last year.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #75
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmytbone
@retroTVfan4ever

You got your wish, the streak of the Cavs is OVER

My wish would have been to have Boston and San Antonio in the finals, that isn't happening now but oh well that's the way it goes sometimes. Nashville is playing in the NHL finals and I'm happy about that.