Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #31
irehtman

The Cavs and Warriors are both still unbeatened right now.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:50 PM   #32
retroTVfan4ever

Looks like Golden State is probably going to sweep Utah, the Jazz are completely overmatched against them. Utah has talent but they lack a super star type of player, also they have had injury problems all season, seems like someone is always missing from the lineup for one reason or another.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #33
retroTVfan4ever

I'm surprised Cleveland swept Toronto, I thought Toronto would give them a tougher battle.

The way these playoffs are going, it's starting to look like the NBA wants a finals rematch from last year, Cleveland/Golden State. I'm still hoping for a Boston/San Antonio final, but a finals rematch from last year is starting to look more likely.

If it's Cleveland/Golden State again, I won't be watching, once was enough, I dislike both teams.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #34
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
I'm surprised Cleveland swept Toronto, I thought Toronto would give them a tougher battle.

The way these playoffs are going, it's starting to look like the NBA wants a finals rematch from last year, Cleveland/Golden State. I'm still hoping for a Boston/San Antonio final, but a finals rematch from last year is starting to look more likely.

If it's Cleveland/Golden State again, I won't be watching, once was enough, I dislike both teams.

Correction, they played each other twice in a row

Warriors def. the Cavs in 6 Games w/o Irving and Love in Cleveland in 2015 and the Cavs def. the Warriors in 7 games in Golden State in 2016

and if it does go to Warriors vs. Cavs, I want the Warriors to win so that Durant can get a ring before he gets injured....AGAIN!

Never has an NBA Finals had 2 teams play each other 3 years in a row

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP
Old 05-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #35
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:

I got home and was able to catch the tail end of the game!!!! I figured the Cavs would sweep today !!! GO CAVS!!! We are rooting for them for the East, and the Spurs for the West ! !
Old 05-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #36
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmytbone
Correction, they played each other twice in a row

Warriors def. the Cavs in 6 Games w/o Irving and Love in Cleveland in 2015 and the Cavs def. the Warriors in 7 games in Golden State in 2016

That's right, I had forgot they played in 2015.

Well if it's the same matchup for the 3rd year in a row, then yes I will not be watching, 3 times in a row would be ridiculous but it wouldn't surprise me either because it's starting to look like the NBA wants the Cavs and Warriors in the finals again.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:32 PM   #37
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
That's right, I had forgot they played in 2015.

Well if it's the same matchup for the 3rd year in a row, then yes I will not be watching, 3 times in a row would be ridiculous but it wouldn't surprise me either because it's starting to look like the NBA wants the Cavs and Warriors in the finals again.

I hope NOT the Warriors!!! I live in the same state , but not the same city!!! And I am not AT ALL a Warriors fan!!!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #38
simmytbone

Well I'm not a fan of either team, but I do like certain players

I like Curry, Klay, Draymond Green and Durant, but as for the Cavs, I only like Kyrie Irving

Toronto got swept and that's mainly b/c Kyle Lowry got hurt and when he went down, that was the end of the Raptors and I didn't even watch the whole game
Old 05-07-2017, 08:20 PM   #39
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmytbone
Well I'm not a fan of either team, but I do like certain players

I like Curry, Klay, Draymond Green and Durant, but as for the Cavs, I only like Kyrie Irving

Toronto got swept and that's mainly b/c Kyle Lowry got hurt and when he went down, that was the end of the Raptors and I didn't even watch the whole game

Lebron James is AWESOME!!! Whatever team he plays on does well!!

I wish after Kobe retired , the Lakers could have gotten Lebron!!!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #40
simmytbone

Well I will say this:

This year marks 10 years since the Golden State Warriors lead by Baron Davis started the We Believe Campiegn when they were the #8 seed in the West and they def. the #1 seeded Dallas Mavericks 4-2 1 year after the Mavs came out of a disappointing NBA Finals Loss to the Miami Heat lead by Shaq & Wade

The Warriors def. Mavericks was the 3rd time that the #8 seed UPSET a #1 seed

Nuggets def. the Sonics back in '94 and the Knicks def. the Heat back in '99

and also, this year marks 10 years since the Spurs SWEPT the Cavs lead by LeBron James and that's the last time we saw a SWEEP in the Finals and Tony Parker became Finals MVP

Do you all remember that one?

Mavericks vs. Warriors Game #6 on TNT from 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_lZVRA-T5U

Spurs vs. Cavaliers Game #4 on abc from 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpnSvRxTiy4

Tony Parker Finals MVP Performances
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2suSozWnri4
Old 05-08-2017, 08:18 AM   #41
irehtman

I'm glad Cavs advanced to next round ahead of everyone, so far!

The Wizards-Celtics and Spurs-Rockets are tied on 2-2 piece each!
Old 05-08-2017, 11:41 PM   #42
simmytbone

Hey guys,

Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors for SWEEPING ANOTHER TEAM from the Northwest Division

They swept the Blazers in the 1st round and they swept the Jazz in the 2nd round

Warriors and Cavs are on a role, but I can tell ya THIS:

There won't be ANY SWEEPS in the Conference Finals
Old 05-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #43
irehtman

Yeah, Warriors are the next ones to get onto the next round.

The Texas showdown on Spurs-Rockets is tonight!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #44
irehtman

Warriors are watching the Spurs-Rockets round, while the Cavaliers are watching the Wizards-Celtics round.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #45
simmytbone

Hey guys,

How 'bout this man

GINOBILIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Here's the pic of his Game Winning STRIP on James Harden in OT