Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #76
opus
Senior Member
VB
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 31, 2003
Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)
Posts: 9,037
Default

OT wins for the road teams to start the semifinals.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #77
retroTVfan4ever
Senior Member
Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 2,727
Default

Getting ready now for Nashville/Anaheim game 2. I'd like to see Nashville win again but my feeling is that Anaheim will even the series.

I like the Predators but I don't like the location where they play, I think Nashville shouldn't have a pro hockey team. They might have fan support but I still think Nashville doesn't belong in the NHL. I also think Carolina doesn't belong in the NHL. Same thing with the states of Florida, Texas, and Arizona. None of these southern states belong in the NHL. The only southern location that made sense was Atlanta, it was tried there twice and failed both times, so go figure. The California teams are OK except I would like to see Anaheim relocated at some point in the future.

Take these NHL southern located teams and move them to northern locations, put a few more teams in Canada too. Quebec needs another shot at NHL hockey. How about having a team in Seattle? Would be a good rival for Vancouver. Next season there will be a team in Las Vegas, I don't know how that's going to work, I would rather they put a team in Utah/Salt Lake City, would be a good rival for Colorado, Las Vegas sounds like a failing location to me. I think the NFL Raiders will fail in Las Vegas too after they move there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #78
robyrob
Moderator
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 54,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
Getting ready now for Nashville/Anaheim game 2. I'd like to see Nashville win again but my feeling is that Anaheim will even the series.

I like the Predators but I don't like the location where they play, I think Nashville shouldn't have a pro hockey team. They might have fan support but I still think Nashville doesn't belong in the NHL. I also think Carolina doesn't belong in the NHL. Same thing with the states of Florida, Texas, and Arizona. None of these southern states belong in the NHL. The only southern location that made sense was Atlanta, it was tried there twice and failed both times, so go figure. The California teams are OK except I would like to see Anaheim relocated at some point in the future.

Take these NHL southern located teams and move them to northern locations, put a few more teams in Canada too. Quebec needs another shot at NHL hockey. How about having a team in Seattle? Would be a good rival for Vancouver. Next season there will be a team in Las Vegas, I don't know how that's going to work, I would rather they put a team in Utah/Salt Lake City, would be a good rival for Colorado, Las Vegas sounds like a failing location to me. I think the NFL Raiders will fail in Las Vegas too after they move there.
I think Seattle will get an NHL team eventually - they have a lot of hockey fans there, many actually travel to see Canucks games - but it hinges on what happens with their hunt for an NBA team; the city does NOT want to pay for a new arena, any potential ownership group wants the city to pay for it, and either way it is contingent on having an NBA team as a long-term tenant, and the NBA won't award them a franchise until they have a new arena deal in place. Catch-22, with any chance of getting a hockey team just riding on the coattails of that mess - but I still think it will happen eventually.

Quebec City stands a good chance of getting a team - but I think it is going to take a few more years; Bettman and Co don't want to risk another failure in a smaller city, even if the numbers do make sense.

..as for the Southern state teams - most of them are actually doing OK, with the exception of the Coyotes, and even though they've had numerous opportunities to move the team to another city and it has cost the league a lot just to get it stable again they seem intent on keeping the team there for some strange reason. I think admitting it was a failure will hurt the league's reputation (and devalue other potential expansions) and they want the 500 million expansion fee rather than a smaller relocation fee.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #79
retroTVfan4ever
Senior Member
Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 2,727
Default

Yep I figured Anaheim would even things up tonight, on now to Nashville and see what happens in game 3.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #80
irehtman
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 15, 2013
Location: Montgomery County, Maryland
Posts: 3,449
Default

Preds took the lead last night.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #81
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09, 2007
Location: My name says it all...even my emotions!
Posts: 11,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
I think Seattle will get an NHL team eventually - they have a lot of hockey fans there, many actually travel to see Canucks games - but it hinges on what happens with their hunt for an NBA team; the city does NOT want to pay for a new arena, any potential ownership group wants the city to pay for it, and either way it is contingent on having an NBA team as a long-term tenant, and the NBA won't award them a franchise until they have a new arena deal in place. Catch-22, with any chance of getting a hockey team just riding on the coattails of that mess - but I still think it will happen eventually.

Quebec City stands a good chance of getting a team - but I think it is going to take a few more years; Bettman and Co don't want to risk another failure in a smaller city, even if the numbers do make sense.

..as for the Southern state teams - most of them are actually doing OK, with the exception of the Coyotes, and even though they've had numerous opportunities to move the team to another city and it has cost the league a lot just to get it stable again they seem intent on keeping the team there for some strange reason. I think admitting it was a failure will hurt the league's reputation (and devalue other potential expansions) and they want the 500 million expansion fee rather than a smaller relocation fee.

I also think Kansas City should have a hockey team again, even using the name they used between 1974 and 1976...The Kansas City Scouts....

__________________
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:36 PM   #82
robyrob
Moderator
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 54,342
Default

wow - Ottawa-Pittsburgh
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #83
opus
Senior Member
VB
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 31, 2003
Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)
Posts: 9,037
Default

Nice redirect by Subban in OT last night. Unfortunately though, for the wrong team
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #84
irehtman
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 15, 2013
Location: Montgomery County, Maryland
Posts: 3,449
Default

Two NHL semifinal rounds of 2-2, so far...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #85
robyrob
Moderator
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 54,342
Default

Nashville gets the win in a close and very rough game - lot of players out injured now, hard to predict what happens next
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #86
retroTVfan4ever
Senior Member
Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 2,727
Default

Preds are one win away from the finals, will see if they can get there. Has an 8th seeded team ever played in the finals before?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #87
opus
Senior Member
VB
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 31, 2003
Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)
Posts: 9,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
Preds are one win away from the finals, will see if they can get there. Has an 8th seeded team ever played in the finals before?

2012 LA Kings won the Cup as the 8th seed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...11932.amp.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #88
retroTVfan4ever
Senior Member
Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 2,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
2012 LA Kings won the Cup as the 8th seed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...11932.amp.html

OK thanks for the info, this was 5 years ago but I remember now.

Kings won the cup that year finishing with 95 points, so obviously Nashville as an 8 seed finishing with 94 points could do it too. Take away 10 points and have an 8 seed team with 84 points go on to win the cup which is basically a .500 team and that would be pretty much a surprise.

The Blackhawks were #1 seed in the West this year with 109 points, Nashville was #8 with 94 points, that's a 15 point spread which isn't really all that much so looking at it that way it's not really all that surprising that Nashville is one win away from the finals.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #89
retroTVfan4ever
Senior Member
Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 2,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I also think Kansas City should have a hockey team again, even using the name they used between 1974 and 1976...The Kansas City Scouts....


I remember the KC Scouts, dreadful team but they wore some cool looking uniforms. Their defense wasn't all that bad but aside from their #1 line their offense was woeful to say the least. Wilf Paiement was one of their better players. Denis Herron was a pretty good goalie too. I was really into hockey during that mid 1970's era, I was a Seals fan and followed that team close until they relocated to Cleveland and became the Barons.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #90
retroTVfan4ever
Senior Member
Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 2,727
Default

Well it looks like it's all over for Ottawa unless they have a big answer for Pittsburgh in the next game because the 7-0 blowout today was embarrassing. Several lapses on defense today for Ottawa, either that or maybe the Pens were just too quick for them.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.