Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-11-2017, 07:41 AM   #61
irehtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
The Caps are hexed, the 8-67-5 record their first year in the league continues to haunt them. They weren't much better the following year with a 11-59-10 record. Those two abysmal debut seasons continue to haunt the franchise.

So it's Ottawa/Pittsburgh in the conference finals. I wish the Penguins would bring back the uniforms with dark blue and light blue colors, I'm tired of seeing every Pittsburgh pro sports team in black and yellow uniforms, they all look like bumblebees.

And why doesn't Pittsburgh have an NBA team? Is pro basketball not a popular activity there? It seems to work in Philly, so why not Pittsburgh?

I do know what are the two causes that made the Caps become hexed and one has to do with something in the beginning of their creations and the other has to do with the way they supported erratically by this current US president, TBH, IMO.

Nashville/Anaheim in the conference finals also.

And why doesn't Cleveland have an NHL team? Is pro hockey not a popular activity there also? Well, it's only worked in Philly and Columbus, but not worked in Buffalo, so why not Cleveland?
Old 05-11-2017, 08:15 AM   #62
retroTVfan4ever

I figured that Anaheim would win over Edmonton, it just isn't Edmonton's time yet, that team has a bright future they'll be back in contention next season.

Anaheim vs. Nashville, I want Nashville to win the series but I think Anaheim winning is more likely.

I'd like to see Anaheim bring back the uniforms they wore when they were called the Mighty Ducks. Their current uniforms look terrible, ugly color scheme and the logo on the front of their shirts is ugly too, it's supposed to resemble the letter D but it looks awful and whoever designed it is a lousy artist.

Pro hockey hasn't been successful in Cleveland, the last time they tried it was when the California Golden Seals relocated there in the late 1970's and became the Cleveland Barons. The Barons lasted only two seasons then the team folded and merged with the Minnesota North Stars. I would like to see pro hockey succeed in Cleveland, it sounds more like a major league city, Columbus sounds like a minor league location.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #63
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:

Pro hockey hasn't been successful in Cleveland, the last time they tried it was when the California Golden Seals relocated there in the late 1970's and became the Cleveland Barons. The Barons lasted only two seasons then the team folded and merged with the Minnesota North Stars. I would like to see pro hockey succeed in Cleveland, it sounds more like a major league city, Columbus sounds like a minor league location.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland having a hockey team, a Cleveland-Columbus rivalry may do good as well.

But now with the Rangers out...I care less who wins the Stanley Cup this year...

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 05-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #64
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland

I wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland having a hockey team, a Cleveland-Columbus rivalry may do good as well.

But now with the Rangers out...I care less who wins the Stanley Cup this year...

I would like to see an NHL team in Cleveland and an NBA team in Cincinnati.

My team of preference to win the Stanley Cup this year is Nashville (another minor league sounding location ) but I think the chance of it happening is fairly slim.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #65
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
I would like to see an NHL team in Cleveland.

I'd like to see an NFL team in Cleveland.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #66
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

As for the remaining NHL games, I'll support Ottawa over Pittsburgh , and Nashville over Anaheim, although I'm reserving the right to change my mind about that one.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #67
irehtman

Quote:
I would like to see an NHL team in Cleveland and an NBA team in Cincinnati.

My team of preference to win the Stanley Cup this year is Nashville (another minor league sounding location ) but I think the chance of it happening is fairly slim.

Actually, I would like to see an NHL team in Cleveland and an NBA team in Pittsburgh, instead, IMO.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #68
Dianne3
Forum Regular

I'm sure the reason that Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team or Pittsburgh a basketball team is market size. Those cities aren't large enough for 4 leagues. (not counting soccer)

I am on an emotional roller coaster of major highs/lows.
The areas close to where I live are experiencing major flooding which the levels haven't been seen for over 100 years. So many homes lost/destroyed. We are getting way too much rain. Rivers overflow.

So I'm on a high with the Sens, but watching the news is so hearbreaking.
I've never experienced life getting in the way of me watching the Sens in the playoffs before.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #69
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
Actually, I would like to see an NHL team in Cleveland and an NBA team in Pittsburgh, instead, IMO.

I'd like to see an NBA team in Pittsburgh and also in Cincinnati. The Pittsburgh team could be called the Pittsburgh Pride, sounds like a good name to me. The Cincinnati team could be called the Stingers, that's the name the Cincinnati team of the old WHA had. They could bring back the name and give it to the Cincinnati NBA team. We already have the Charlotte Hornets, so why not the Cincinnati Stingers?
Old 05-12-2017, 06:15 AM   #70
bmasters9

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
As for the remaining NHL games, I'll support Ottawa over Pittsburgh , and Nashville over Anaheim, although I'm reserving the right to change my mind about that one.

That's what I want-- for the Stanley Cup Finals to be Predators/Senators.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
Old 05-12-2017, 05:21 PM   #71
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne3
I'm sure the reason that Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team or Pittsburgh a basketball team is market size. Those cities aren't large enough for 4 leagues. (not counting soccer)

I am on an emotional roller coaster of major highs/lows.
The areas close to where I live are experiencing major flooding which the levels haven't been seen for over 100 years. So many homes lost/destroyed. We are getting way too much rain. Rivers overflow.

So I'm on a high with the Sens, but watching the news is so hearbreaking.
I've never experienced life getting in the way of me watching the Sens in the playoffs before.

That may be the case...but Cleveland has two teams...The Cleveland Browns (Clowns) are an excuse, not a team!

And both the Pittsburgh and Cleveland Metropolitan areas are losing people...
Old 05-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #72
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland

Cleveland has a hockey team - the Cleveland Monsters - they even won the Calder last year (swept both final and conference series too - although not as good this season), they are the Blue Jackets AHL affiliate.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #73
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
that's who I'll be rooting for - Ottawa and Nashville.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #74
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
Cleveland has a hockey team - the Cleveland Monsters - they even won the Calder last year (swept both final and conference series too - although not as good this season), they are the Blue Jackets AHL affiliate.

It should be the other way around. Cleveland should be the NHL team and Columbus the AHL. Cleveland Monsters is a dumb name, I can't believe they couldn't come up with a better team name than that. Cleveland Maulers sounds better than Cleveland Monsters.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever : 05-12-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #75
retroTVfan4ever

Two names to look out for in the Anaheim/Nashville series: Ryan Getslapped and Pekker Rinne.