Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #31
retroTVfan4ever

St. Louis Blues just eliminated Minnesota Wild 4 games to 1. I think Bruce Boudreau should stop coaching in the NHL because he does not have a good coaching record in the playoffs. He has coached several teams that had a successful regular season, only to fall flat in the playoffs. Something's wrong with that picture.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #32
irehtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
St. Louis Blues just eliminated Minnesota Wild 4 games to 1. I think Bruce Boudreau should stop coaching in the NHL because he does not have a good coaching record in the playoffs. He has coached several teams that had a successful regular season, only to fall flat in the playoffs. Something's wrong with that picture.

Minnesota Wild is becoming "Minnesota MILD" and worse...
Old 04-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #33
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

No first round game 7's
Old 04-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #34
irehtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
No first round game 7's

Very impressive...!
Old 04-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #35
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

The only team I want to win it all now is the Rangers...will The Maple Leafs have to wait for 52 years to win it all?

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 04-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #36
Sal

The only team I DON'T want to win it all is Ottawa. They make me sick!

Being one of the few Leafs fans on here, which is hard for me to believe, I have a few parting words from what was a great series which didn't end very well.

Nobody except the players in that dressing room expected the Leafs to beat the Caps in this series. The biggest surprise was the fact that it went 6 games and every game could have gone either way. Even at times when it looked like the Caps were dominating, they still had to fight like heck just to get one more goal at the end to win each game. Whether this will help or hurt them in their next series vs the Penguins won't be known until the series gets near the end.

The Leafs have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about except for the long Cup drought which this current group led by coach Mike Babcock and future captain Auston Matthews seems determined to end at some point in their careers. Matthews and fellow star rookies like Mitch Marner and William Nylander and others have provided their fans with some exciting hockey and great hope for the future and I can't wait to see what they can do next year for an encore. Last year, they finished last overall in the NHL and the year before they weren't that much better. This season, they have served notice to the other teams in the league, including star players like Crosby and Ovechkin, that they are ready to make their move up the standings faster than expected and become serious Cup contenders again in the near future. The Leafs are out now but they will be back and they will be better than ever for a long time. Thanks for the ride guys and see you next year!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:45 AM   #37
irehtman

Whoever complained about both Canadiens and Maple Leafs eliminated too soon should cool down right now! They both already won lots of Stanley Cups in the past, so please give these eight current teams a chance!
Old 04-25-2017, 10:24 AM   #38
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
Whoever complained about both Canadiens and Maple Leafs eliminated too soon should cool down right now! They both already won lots of Stanley Cups in the past, so please give these eight current teams a chance!

Toronto hasn't won it since 1967.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:48 AM   #39
irehtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
Toronto hasn't won it since 1967.

I don't think that's really quite a big problem at all, TBH, IMO.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #40
retroTVfan4ever

From the eight teams still competing in the playoffs, the only team I like is Nashville. They are going to have their hands full vs. St. Louis, I don't expect them to win the series but will see what happens.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #41
Dianne3
Forum Regular

I guess my post will be making Sal sick - Go Sens Go. LOL!!
I don't care if someone hates the team I route for. I'm on a high right now in one way (but shocked & sad about Erin Moran).

About the Minnesota Wild - here's an irony.
A couple of days ago I browsed through a Sports Illustrated magazine at Walmart, and there was an article on how this could be their year to win the the Cup.

What is suprising (pleasantly), that NBC's ratings are up with a couple of Canadian teams being featured.

ESPN just let go most (or all) their hockey media. Massive layoffs since they are now like TMZ instead of a sports channel.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #42
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

now that the second round is underway...

just heard a statistic that 67% - two thirds - of the games in the first round were won by a single goal. That is pretty amazing.

I was really surprised by the Predators, not as surprised as the Blackhawks were of course, but it seems like they could be much more dangerous and go farther than would seem reasonable here. I think they finish off the Blues in 6 games. The Wild were a pretty good team all season, but that means nothing in the playoffs - I think they need to make some changes if they want to go farther next year.

Anaheim was all over the Flames and riding high off of that I think they will eliminate a very hard working Oilers team in 7 games. I'm not sure what happened with the Sharks, but obviously the Oilers are really coming together with all that young talent. I just don't think it is enough to beat the Ducks this round.

The Capitals vs the Pens is THE series to watch this round. They have met each other 9 times before in the playoffs, and while Pittsburgh has dominated past series I think this is the Caps year to win. The Leafs are a good team and really made the Caps work for every win in that series - I think their fans should be quite pleased with how they did and it looks good for the future. This series is going to get rough and dirty and is going to have a lot of goals and action - and I think it is going to go all the way to seven games.

The Ottawa - New York series is hard to call, I want Ottawa to win but I think it is going to be a tough one for them to pull off. I'm going to say they squeak by the Rangers in seven games.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #43
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
The Blue Jackets are now out! The Penguins and the Predators are the next ones to move onto the next round. Although, both Ducks and Predators are the NHL playoffs leaders and the Penguins are the follow-ups, so far...

Better off being called The Columbus Blew-It Jackets!

Go Rangers!
Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #44
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne3
I guess my post will be making Sal sick - Go Sens Go. LOL!!
I don't care if someone hates the team I route for. I'm on a high right now in one way (but shocked & sad about Erin Moran).

About the Minnesota Wild - here's an irony.
A couple of days ago I browsed through a Sports Illustrated magazine at Walmart, and there was an article on how this could be their year to win the the Cup.

What is suprising (pleasantly), that NBC's ratings are up with a couple of Canadian teams being featured.

ESPN just let go most (or all) their hockey media. Massive layoffs since they are now like TMZ instead of a sports channel.

The last time I checked Ottawa was 0-4 in playoff series vs Toronto and were EXTREMELY LUCKY that they didn't have to face the Leafs in the first round. You would have been crying all the way to the bank.

Which brings me to my fearless predictions:

Western Conference

Edmonton vs Anaheim - Connor McDavid and his young kiddie corps looked good last night in beating Anaheim but I wonder if they can keep it up for a full series. If they do, good for them. They should at least be the last Canadian team standing, which in Gary Bettman's world means about as much as owning stock in BlackBerry. This series would be fun to watch if only the games weren't on so late.

Ducks in 6

St. Louis vs Nashville - The closest series to call. Nashville right now is on fire and looks nearly unstoppable. The Blues came close last night but they would need goalie Jake Allen to be at his absolute best like he was against the Wild for the Blues to win. But it might not be enough. Any team that can sweep Chicago---one of the top teams in the last decade---should be good enough to beat any of the remaining West teams.

Nashville in 7

Eastern Conference

Ottawa vs NYRangers

Ottawa will get their giant horseshoes ready to see if they can pull off another big upset against one of the best goalies in the NHL, Henrik Lundqvist. If they can, their luck is bound to run out in the next series.

Rangers in 5

Washington vs Pittsburgh

The must see TV series of the entire playoffs. This is where the real Cup champion will be decided. The main attraction will be the NHL's biggest individual rivalry: Sidney Crosby vs Alex Ovechkin. Both teams have battled each other hard in a very spirited, yet surprisingly one-sided, affair. Pittsburgh has appeared in the Stanley Cup Finals 3 times since Crosby was a rookie and each time they had to beat the Caps on the way there. Both teams would be mistaken if they only had to worry about the 2 stars. Each of them has depth at every position and any player on either side can be the hero. Even the goaltending will be top-notch on both sides. So this is a real toss-up in every way but I'm going to go with Captain Canada and his crew of champions.

Penguins in 7
Old 04-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #45
irehtman

The Senators are the only NHL Round 2 Game 1 Home winners so far...