Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-12-2017, 01:37 AM   #16
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by um
Wasn't she in an episode of Star Trek in which she was in some kind of "Kid's Cult" ?

That episode was "And the Children Shall Lead" which is among the worst of the series.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:11 AM   #17
factsoflife

Venus DeMilo is an actress who was most famous for the Nickelodeon series "Salute Your Shorts" and she worked steadily as a child actress from 1991-2003 and then vanished until she started getting a couple bit roles in 2016.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #18
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by um

Brian Forster who played "Chris" on "The Partridge Family" never really went on in show business and eventually became a race car driver. Ricky Seagall who was a regular for a short time on some of the very last episodes of The Partridge Family became a minister. Suzanne Crough who played "Tracy" on PF, did not continue in show business and became the manager of a Staples store.

Who else?

Brian Forster was the 2nd Chris Partridge. The first was Jeremy Gelbwaks, who appeared only during the first season and then left show business entirely when his family moved away from California. He would have probably have been replaced anyway since the cast would complain about him been very disruptive on the set and even biting another actor.

Brian Forster had done some acting before he got the role of Chris. He appeared in the first season of "The Brady Bunch" in the episode "Eeny Meeny Mommy Daddy" as an actor in Cindy's school play. (He was the little bird that kept running around the stage asking for the princess.) Before that, he was on "Family Affair" in the episode where Buffy breaks her leg. There's a very funny scene where a little boy is eating a bag of peanuts while waiting for an elevator. The elevator door opens and suddenly an elephant reaches out and eats his peanuts. The boy then starts crying and complains to his parents. That's Brian.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #19
um
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
That episode was "And the Children Shall Lead" which is among the worst of the series.

I only recently have read comments about that episode being so "awful" in the minds of critics and even a lot of "Star Trek fans."

I actually disliked the TV show Star Trek for the most part. The dialogue seemed to be more for adults and I preferred "Lost In Space."
However the one overall episode I did like was "And The Children Shall Lead."
When I first saw it, I was a kid, maybe 8 years old, and did not think that deeply in terms of a "Well written" plot, but I think "And The Children Shall Lead" is a classic one. I have heard that certain people think that the plot is "weak." It seems to have a good beginning , middle and end to me.
I think that Star Trek in general is filled with cliches and rehashes of what has ever been made into film or written in novels about humans and "humanoids" traveling in outer space. So I don't understand how this episode was so disliked.
There are YouTube videos which show certain parts of the episode and the point is to show how certain TV series in the 1960s sometimes were everything from prophetic, to too gruesome and scary for a show is meant for the entire family to watch .
Old 04-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #20
um
Forum Regular

"Retro4Life"
I think I read somewhere that Lance Kerwin got in trouble with the law. I recall he once played in an episode of the Saturday morning kids show "Captain Marvel." Actually so did Danny Bonaduce after the Partridge Family was cancelled.
I do recall Ike Eisenmann. When he grew into his mid teens to late teens I saw him in a chewing gum commercial and that was the last I recall of his on screen career.

"gidgetgrape"
I also remember Eric Shea . I think he played in a movie called "Smile" which was about young women in beauty pageants, and he played in "The Poseidon Adventure." He was the only kid in a cast of adults.

"factsoflife"
Didn't Soleil Moon Frye, after she grew up, have the misfortune of needing breast reduction surgery? No wonder she decided to get out of the public eye. How about her brother Meeno Peluce, who played in the TV version of "The Bad News Bears" ?

I think another kid actor who disappeared after he played in movies and TV was James Michael Wixted. He played in a Disney TV movie called "The Wacky Zoo of Morgan City." He also played in "Family Affair" as a run-away boy who Buffy and Jody wanted their uncle to adopt. Anyone recall him and what might have become of him?

Another one that comes to my mind is Armando Islas who played in Disney TV movies most notably "Pablo and The Dancing Chihuahua." Anyone know what happened to him? There was another boy who, way back then, I often mistook for Armando Islas because they looked somewhat alike and talked alike. It was Manuel Padilla , who I heard died years back. He played in a movie called "Cutter's Trail" and played in a Gunsmoke episode in which the plot was somewhat re-created. He also played as "Jai" in the TV version of "Tarzan"
Recall these two?
Old 04-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #21
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

I think it's wonderful that child actors can find another occupation after their days in the spotlight. Jeanne Russell, Margaret in Dennis the Menace wanted to continue in the business after Dennis but find it difficult to stay, for no roles were coming her way. She attended college and does work in the medical field and I don't think she had a role since Dennis. Just how many kid stars grow into adult roles and have a career in show business.? Not that many.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #22
Dianne3
Forum Regular

When I saw the name Eric Shea, I mixed him up with Christopher Shea.

I am currently watching Odd Couple reruns, and that is where I saw Christopher Shea. I just googled him and was shocked to hear that he died at age 52, of all things - natural causes.

There was a (British?) pre-teen/teen actress named Pamela Franklin. I sometimes mix Frankin up with Ferdyn.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #23
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne3

Easy done since they were brothers.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #24
LUNCH

Phillip Mckeon from Alice.He was pretty good on the show but seemed to fall off the radar after Alice ended it's run.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:18 PM   #25
LUNCH

Moosie Drier. I'm not sure if I spelled it right,but he made a lot of guest appearances on many 1970s and early 80s TV shows.Rusty Stevens,Larry from Leave it to Beaver is another one.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #26
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Kathy Coleman from "Land of the Lost". But, she's been doing a lot of conventions lately and has a new book out, called "Run, Holly, Run" about her life in and out of Hollywood.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #27
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by um
"Retro4Life"

"factsoflife"
Didn't Soleil Moon Frye, after she grew up, have the misfortune of needing breast reduction surgery? No wonder she decided to get out of the public eye. How about her brother Meeno Peluce, who played in the TV version of "The Bad News Bears" ?

Soliel did in fact have breast reduction surgery, caused by a medical condition called gigantomastia, which literally means "giant breasts." She had this surgery when she was 16 years old in 1993. It was a few years after "Punky Ended", but at the time she was still very actively working in the entertainment industry. In fact her last acting role (excluding voice over work and cameo appearances) was "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" a role she played from 2000-2003.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #28
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne3

I am currently watching Odd Couple reruns, and that is where I saw Christopher Shea. I just googled him and was shocked to hear that he died at age 52, of all things - natural causes.

I mix them up all the time because they look alike. I remember reading about Christopher passing away here when it happened. Very sad. I especially liked his guest spot on That Girl.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #29
stevea

Danielle Brisebois from All in the Family and Archie Bunker's Place; Buddy Foster from TAGS and Mayberry RFD; Dylan and Cole Sprouse from Disney sitcoms and Grace Under Fire didn't do anything beyond their teen years; the three Sweeten kids from Raymond (one of the twins committed suicide a couple of years ago); haven't heard of Angus Jones doing anything after 2-1/2 Men; Bobby Buntrock from Hazel (now deceased, I think); Rusty Hamer and Angela Cartwright from Danny Thomas (Hamer now deceased); Dana Plato from Diff'rent Strokes (now deceased)
Old 04-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #30
um
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape
I mix them up all the time because they look alike. I remember reading about Christopher passing away here when it happened. Very sad. I especially liked his guest spot on That Girl.

I never knew that Eric Shea had a brother who was an actor. I guess Christopher Shea must have been older than Eric if Christopher acted in That Girl show.