Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Multicast Network Start TV Launches Sept. 3 with Female Dramas; Insatiable Premieres Aug. 10 with Debby Ryan and Alyssa Milano
Showtime Gets Jillian Bell for Comedy; Rev Run Sitcom Preview
Rugrats Revived on Nickelodeon; Vanilla Ice Project Returns Aug. 11
Guests Line Up for Caroline Rhea Series; UnREAL Season 4 Premieres on Hulu
Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #46
MISST3

Wouldn't you know, it's bright and sunny here today. The day AFTER the
eclipse! On TV, some people said they were able to see a planet with their
naked eye. Others, said they saw a east and west sunset! Did anybody
get a chance to see anything?
MISST3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #47
AB
Supernatural - Dean
Forum Celebrity

There was a star or planet to the west of the eclipse that we could see here. The whole total eclipse was pretty cool. It lasted just a little over 2 minutes and it got dark & the temp dropped over 10 degrees. They had several viewing parties around town, one near us at the Winery. Here's a link.

http://z975.com/local/photos-blackou...eyards-winery/
AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:59 AM   #48
Regulus

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB
There was a star or planet to the west of the eclipse that we could see here. The whole total eclipse was pretty cool. It lasted just a little over 2 minutes and it got dark & the temp dropped over 10 degrees. They had several viewing parties around town, one near us at the Winery. Here's a link.

http://z975.com/local/photos-blackou...eyards-winery/
The star to the left of the eclipse was my star...

REGULUS!

I had an outstanding view of the eclipse in Sweetwater, Tennessee. The weather couldn't have been any better, and we had about 2 1/2 minutes of totality. About two minutes before totality the crickets began chirping, and when totality ended they stopped chirping. As for us humans we all shouted and screamed when totality began, and when totality ended everybody

APPLAUDED!

Bucket List Shows: Hot Wheels, Skyhawks, Run Joe Run, Westwood

Last edited by Regulus; 05-21-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Regulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #49
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

it did not get dark enough here to see any planets or stars (we were at 89% max coverage), but depending on your location if it got dark enough you could have seen up to 4 planets -Jupiter, Mercury, Mars, and Venus

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essent...s-bright-stars

we will be right in the path of totality for the next one on April 8th 2024 (although it is ALSO on a Monday )
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #50
MISST3

Regulus, did you have your eclipse cocktail?
Old 08-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #51
Regulus

I sure did! Six oz Orange Soda with one shot of Dark Rum on the rocks. (I had to have it at my hotel as no adult beverages were allowed at the Lost Sea, rules are rules!)
Old 09-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #52
Lee
veteran member

We went to see it in Spencer, Tennessee, where I have an aunt and uncle
who live there. It was a truly awesome event. Unfortunately, I have not
posted on these boards in several days because I have had some serious issues in my life, including a Heart condition diagnosed in 2007 when we lived in Ravenswood, West Virginia that caused fluid accumlation in my chest and body swelling, particulary in my feet. My family doctor in Pulaski, Tennessee recently put me on a double dose of Lasix(a diuretic) which has brought down most of my swelling and cleared most of the fluid out of my chest. I also have removed(for the most part) high sodium, high sugar and generally processed foods out of my diet and now eat primarily meat(preferably lean), plenty of vegetables, some fruit and 1 starch a day. My heatlh has made a huge turnaround in just a week or so since I started. My feet are basically normal size again and I can breath easy again and have much more energy to do my daily walk through our rural community. I feel good just to be alive at this moment and realize how important my relationships with my family and god are.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:24 AM   #53
Regulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
We went to see it in Spencer, Tennessee, where I have an aunt and uncle
who live there. It was a truly awesome event. Unfortunately, I have not
posted on these boards in several days because I have had some serious issues in my life, including a Heart condition diagnosed in 2007 when we lived in Ravenswood, West Virginia that caused fluid accumlation in my chest and body swelling, particulary in my feet. My family doctor in Pulaski, Tennessee recently put me on a double dose of Lasix(a diuretic) which has brought down most of my swelling and cleared most of the fluid out of my chest. I also have removed(for the most part) high sodium, high sugar and generally processed foods out of my diet and now eat primarily meat(preferably lean), plenty of vegetables, some fruit and 1 starch a day. My heatlh has made a huge turnaround in just a week or so since I started. My feet are basically normal size again and I can breath easy again and have much more energy to do my daily walk through our rural community. I feel good just to be alive at this moment and realize how important my relationships with my family and god are.
I'm praying for you!
Old 04-21-2018, 10:13 PM   #54
Regulus

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
I sure did! Six oz Orange Soda with one shot of Dark Rum on the rocks. (I had to have it at my hotel as no adult beverages were allowed at the Lost Sea, rules are rules!)
Here's a little something I bet you'd never see, me quoting myself. The reason is simple, I shall never drink this or any other "adult beverage" for the rest of my life. Why? Because I had an EXTREME case of alcohol poisoning in February that almost killed me. I awoke in a hospital and was told my blood pressure and blood sugar amounts were in the stratosphere It wasn't until my discharge and return home when I found out I had chugged a three-liter bottle of Sangria and a 1.5 liter bottle of rum ALL AT ONCE! I have no memory of doing this and yes, in my right mind I'd never do something like this. I may never know why I did this, but I will no longer consume alcoholic beverages. The only reason I'm alive is because a couple of friends stopped by my house to check on me. I was told I was laying on the kitchen floor, and I didn't respond. They called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital. I thank God they came when they did, and I owe them my life. This was a VERY close call, and I'm doing what I'm doing so this will never happen again.

Last edited by Regulus; 06-30-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #55
MISST3

Sounds like you have been blessed with a second chance! Thank God for that! So say "So Long", to the booze!
Old 04-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #56
Regulus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISST3
Sounds like you have been blessed with a second chance! Thank God for that! So say "So Long", to the booze!
That I've done. I'm also attending sessions done by a group called "Celebrate Recovery". For Easter I washed my traditional meal (Ham with Au Gratin Potatoes) with sparkling grape juice. Mother's Day and Father's Day will be saluted with the same beverage.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:20 PM   #57
MISST3

Good for You! Keep Up The Good Work!! You Can Do It!
Old 04-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #58
Lee
veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
Here's a little something I bet you'd never see, me quoting myself. The reason is simple, I shall never drink this or any other "adult beverage" for the rest of my life. Why? Because I had an EXTREME case of alcohol poisoning in February that almost killed me. I awoke in a hospital and was told my blood pressure and blood sugar amounts were in the stratosphere It wasn't until my discharge and return home when I found out I had chugged a three-liter bottle of Sangria and a 1.5 liter bottle of rum ALL AT ONCE! I have no memory of doing this and yes, in my right mind I'd never do something like this. I may never know why I did this, but I will no longer consume alcoholic beverages. The only reason I'm alive is because a couple of friends stopped by my house to check on me. I was told I was laying on the kitchen floor, and I didn't respond. The called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital. I thank God they came when they did, and I owe them my life. This was a VERY close call, and I'm doing what I'm doing so this will never happen again.
Thank you on your decision to stop drinking! And thank you for showing
concern over my health scare late last Summer.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:52 PM   #59
Regulus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Thank you on your decision to stop drinking! And thank you for showing
concern over my health scare late last Summer.
You're welcome.