Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #16
Foggy
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
I've chosen the area between Sweetwater, Tennessee and Madisonville, Tennessee as my first pick for observing the eclipse (There's a Tourist Attraction in the area called the Lost Sea, and considering they're on the centerline of this eclipse it's certain five will get you ten they will be hosting an eclipse party : at their site. In case of inclement weather I'm prepared to travel as far east as US 23 where it intersects the centerline at the North Carolina Georgia borders, or as far west as Goodlitsville Tennesee (I-65 just north of Nashville, Tennessee). Whatever site I choose, the "Main Event" (That's Totality for those you in Rio Linda! ) will take place approximately between the hours of 2:00 to 2:30PM Eastern Daylight Time. If you are on your one, you must be flexible, but there's another rule, mainly HAVE FUN!

Hopefully it will be a non-cloudy, sunny day ( until eclipse).
Old 05-08-2017, 12:12 AM   #17
Regulus

Biggrin

Bummer News! I found out the outfitters in this area only do the upper stretch of the Ocoee River on Saturdays and Sundays. They also charge $99.00 for this stretch. Now some GOOD NEWS. There's another river, the Hiwassee River, and they do runs on this river every day during the summer. The price is reasonable, only $25.00. Just before I fly home I'll take on this river in a one-man "Ducky". As for the upper Ocoee, I'll just have to "Save it for seed".
Old 06-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #18
MISST3

Reports of price gouging for hotel rooms, during the eclipse are surfacing. As a result, consumers complain hotels have cancelled reservations and jacked up room rates. Some hotels are charging up to $1000 a night.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #19
Regulus

Thumbs up

I checked my reservations yesterday, and found out I'm on the up and up. I've heard stories from those trying to reserve car rentals without a credit card. I found out my reservations are Ok, I was told to make sure I show my Drivers License and another card with my photo on it. Tomorrow I'll see if I can get a photo of me on my Debit Card, then heck or high water I'll gladly donate $50.00 to BJs and renew my membership with them (I WAS going to do this AFTER I got back from Tennessee but I'm more than happy to push this up a month).
Old 06-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #20
MISST3

WASHINGTON — The Postal Service will soon release a first-of-its-kind stamp that changes when you touch it. The Total Eclipse of the Sun Forever stamp, which commemorates the August 21 eclipse, transforms into an image of the Moon from the heat of a finger. Then when the stamp cools
it turns light again. Looks like this is going to be a collector's item!

The Total Eclipse of the Sun Forever stamps may be pre-ordered at usps.com/shop in early June for delivery following the June 20 nationwide issuance.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 PM   #21
MISST3

Total Solar Eclipse T Shirt
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2017, 11:59 PM   #22
MISST3

Here's a few places you can get a pair of free Solar Eclispe glasses

•Mystery Science and Google are donating 15,000 pairs of glasses to elementary schools.

•NASA Library Initiative and the Moore Foundation are providing free glasses to be picked up at 4,800 local libraries across the nation.

•Astronomers Without Borders is donating glasses to veteran's hospitals, homeless youth shelters, and other underserved communities.

Here's where you can buy them.

•7-Eleven

•Bi-Mart

•Casey's General Store

•Circle K

•Hobby Town

•Kirklands

•Kroger

•Love's Travel Stops

•Lowe's

•Menards

•Pilot/Flying J

•Toys "R" Us

•Walmart
Old 08-11-2017, 07:34 AM   #23
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I got eclipse glasses online months ago really cheap - now they are really price gouging on them - stupid paper glasses going for $20 apiece, and if they at reasonably priced then they are going to really gouge you on the shipping if you want them before September
Old 08-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #24
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Regulus, not sure exactly when you're visiting Dollywood but Dolly will be visiting the DP's Celebrity Theater inside of Dollywood at 11am on August 18 to discuss upcoming events and projects.

Please release the remaining seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies & Petticoat Junction
Old 08-11-2017, 09:40 AM   #25
Regulus

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Regulus, not sure exactly when you're visiting Dollywood but Dolly will be visiting the DP's Celebrity Theater inside of Dollywood at 11am on August 18 to discuss upcoming events and projects.

I'll be visiting Dollywood on the 23rd. This is the final full day I'll be in Tennessee, so I'm treating it as a "Closing Cerimony" before I board that big white bird to take me back to Florida.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #26
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
I'll be visiting Dollywood on the 23rd. This is the final full day I'll be in Tennessee, so I'm treating it as a "Closing Cerimony" before I board that big white bird to take me back to Florida.
Be sure to get some cinnamon bread at the Grist Mill in Dollywood. It's delicious!

I'm going back in November for the Christmas celebration! Can't wait to see all the decorations, lights, & shows!

I'm also already planning a summer 2018 trip with my mom who's not been. She'll have a blast!

Dollywood is so much fun! A very clean park with so many friendly people. You feel really safe there.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #27
Regulus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Be sure to get some cinnamon bread at the Grist Mill in Dollywood. It's delicious!

Consider it done! If I can do it I also plan to get some corn meal from the Grist Mill at Cades Cove, Corn Bread made with this kicks @$$ all over the place!

Dollywood is so much fun! A very clean park with so many friendly people. You feel really safe there.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #28
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Got my special glasses all ready to go!

And Harry Anderson too.

https://ilovewhoseline.imgur.com/all/

http://whoselinefan.imgur.com/all/

Antenna TV, MeTV, Decades, Laff, and Cozi TV, please add Dave's World and The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #29
Regulus

Cool North Georgia Schools are having an "Eclipse Day"

I was talking to some cousins who live in the town of Jasper, Georgia (Located north of Atlanta) and they told me many of the school districts in north Georgia are having an "Eclipse Day" and are closing their schools so the students can observe the eclipse next Monday. It's a far cry from the 1994 "Ring of Fire" eclipse, when many schools refused to let their students outside during that eclipse because they feared their students would hurt their eyes by watching the eclipse properly. A student in Texas, unable to secure permission from his parents to miss school to see that eclipse because both of them were on business trips took it on himself to skip school on eclipse day. When he was told he was going to be expelled for truancy then Governor George W. Bush PARDONED the student, saving the scholarship he'd secured (He was penalized 1/2 a grade on his term paper for his "unauthorized absence" (Which he'd already factored into the grade at the time he took his "personal field trip")).
Old 08-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #30
MISST3

On Aug 21 2017, NASA Television will air a four-hour show, Eclipse Across America, with unprecedented live video of the celestial event, along with coverage of activities in parks, libraries, stadiums, festivals and museums across the nation, and on social media.
On the day of the eclipse go to www.nasa.gov/eclipselive(link is external), where you will be directed by default to the NASA TV broadcast. The broadcast starts at 12 noon EDT and will connect with many of the NASA broadcasts distributed across the country.
ABC, NBC and the Weather Channel will also be having live coverage.