Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #181
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I think that the building was on Lake Michigan. In one of the opening scenes it shows it that way. Nice place!

It is on the lake. It's close to Evanston. I always thought it was near Oak Street, closer to the Magnificent Mile.

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS CHRIS CHRISTIE - SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LEPAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Old 04-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #182
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

I liked the Hartley's apartment. But we never got to see the den just off the living room. They also had another bathroom in there. The den was never shown. Although you can kind of see into it in the upper right/center of this picture. Bookcases.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #183
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
I liked the Hartleys' apartment. But we never got to see the den just off the living room. They also had another bathroom in there. The den was never shown. Although you can kind of see into it in the upper right/center of this picture. Bookcases.

And then they moved into a new apartment is Season 6, which wasn't as nice as the old one. And I presume that, when Bob woke up to Emily after dreaming about being a Vermont innkeeper named Dick Loudon, their bedroom was in their new house in Oregon (where the Hartleys moved in the "Bob Newhart" series finale)?
Old 04-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #184
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

A group session in Dr. Robert Hartley's office
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2017, 04:26 PM   #185
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
And then they moved into a new apartment is Season 6, which wasn't as nice as the old one. And I presume that, when Bob woke up to Emily after dreaming about being a Vermont innkeeper named Dick Loudon, their bedroom was in their new house in Oregon (where the Hartleys moved in the "Bob Newhart" series finale)?

LOL I forgot that they moved to Oregon! But, I'll tell you what. The second that when Newhart switched the scene to the Hartley's bedroom I immediately recognized it. After watching the "Dallas Only A Dream" episode I knew what was coming on Newhart!. But it still was a very funny and clever finale for Newhart. I haven't seen a better one since! Unforgettable!

Oh, and I like your picture of "The Group" Especially Mr. Carlin! What a grouch!
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #186
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
LOL I forgot that they moved to Oregon! But, I'll tell you what. The second that when Newhart switched the scene to the Hartley's bedroom I immediately recognized it. After watching the "Dallas Only A Dream" episode I knew what was coming on Newhart!. But it still was a very funny and clever finale for Newhart. I haven't seen a better one since! Unforgettable!

Oh, and I like your picture of "The Group" Especially Mr. Carlin! What a grouch!

Thanks. Would you believe I just saw the last "Newhart" for the first time, online? I missed it on CBS, I went to a computer programming school evaluation test that night and I forgot to tape it. I waited for CBS to re-air it in summer reruns but it didn't, and I never saw it in syndication. 27 years, and I see it only now!

Then there was a reunion for the first Bob Newhart sitcom a year later, and Emily, Howard, Carol and Jerry are on the seventh floor of Bob's office building helping Bob figure out what his dream meant. Wait a minute - what happened to Oregon? They were back in Chicago?
Old 04-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #187
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
Thanks. Would you believe I just saw the last "Newhart" for the first time, online? I missed it on CBS, I went to a computer programming school evaluation test that night and I forgot to tape it. I waited for CBS to re-air it in summer reruns but it didn't, and I never saw it in syndication. 27 years, and I see it only now!

Then there was a reunion for the first Bob Newhart sitcom a year later, and Emily, Howard, Carol and Jerry are on the seventh floor of Bob's office building helping Bob figure out what his dream meant. Wait a minute - what happened to Oregon? They were back in Chicago?

I don't remember that. But I probably saw it. I wonder if it is on Youtube? I'll have to check it out
Old 04-25-2017, 08:40 PM   #188
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Guess who ? Take a really good look. Who does this baby look like?
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #189
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Quote:
Guess who ? Take a really good look. Who does this baby look like?

No idea.

Newhart?
Old 04-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #190
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

It's Alfred Hitchcock!
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #191
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Chicago's Gold Coast on Lake Shore Drive
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #192
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

"The Bob Newhart Show"'s "Desperate Sessions," where a bank robber takes Bob hostage in his office and threatens to shoot him. When Bob talks the robber into letting him and asks him to surrender his gun, the robber gives him his weapon . . .a comb. "I hate violence," he explains. "It's not loaded!"
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 09:02 PM   #193
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Some quotes from Bob
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #194
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Another!
Attached Images