Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #1
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Default Traditional Irish Cuisine

Now that St. Patrick's Day is around the corner I would like to know if anyone has tried traditional Irish cuisine before? My favorite Irish food is corned beef and it is so good to eat by itself and with a good spoonful of potatoes and my second thing to do with corned beef is to have it in a sandwich on a King's Hawaiian Roll
What's your favorite Irish Cuisine?
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 03-05-2017, 06:20 AM   #2
Hollywood Rock Chic

Being Irish-American, yes I have tried traditional Irish cuisines; my favorite is Colcannon with kale (instead of cabbage). Colcannon is very easy to make and is quite delicious, and perfect with a corned beef dish.

Here is a link to a recipe for making Colcannon

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/colcannon

Bain taitneamh as do bhéile
Old 03-05-2017, 06:40 AM   #3
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Have you ever had Irish bacon Hollywood Rock Chic? I have been curious about it and have never had it before. Does Irish bacon taste really delicious?
Bestie
Old 03-05-2017, 07:35 AM   #4
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
Have you ever had Irish bacon Hollywood Rock Chic? I have been curious about it and have never had it before. Does Irish bacon taste really delicious?
Bestie

To me it tastes the same, the differences are the size, and Irish bacon tends not to be as "crispy" as its American counterpart. It is like having fried sliced ham. If you have any Irish pubs (that caters traditional Irish dishes) and ask for a "typical" Irish breakfast, or just go to you local grocer and ask if they sell British/Irish rashers.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
Being Irish-American, yes I have tried traditional Irish cuisines; my favorite is Colcannon with kale (instead of cabbage). Colcannon is very easy to make and is quite delicious, and perfect with a corned beef dish.

Kale is so good for you! Very high in Vitamins A and K ! I've recently started getting in to it. Adding to my salad! I find it really tasty!
Old 03-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #6
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Do Lucky Charms count?

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 03-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #7
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

Quote:
To me it tastes the same, the differences are the size, and Irish bacon tends not to be as "crispy" as its American counterpart. It is like having fried sliced ham. If you have any Irish pubs (that caters traditional Irish dishes) and ask for a "typical" Irish breakfast, or just go to you local grocer and ask if they sell British/Irish rashers.

That type of bacon seems to be the norm all over Europe. I had no idea until I ordered it at multiple places. I'm not a fan of it at all so I learned that it's no bacon when overseas.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #8
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

I'm not Irish but I love Corned beef and cabbage with boiled potatoes.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:08 AM   #9
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

Quote:

Colcannon sounds pretty amazing Hollywood Rock Chic. I had never even heard of it but my mom has an Irish cookbook with dozens of Irish recipes. We haven't tried any of the recipes in the book but the food is great
Bestie
Old 03-06-2017, 02:12 AM   #10
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia
Colcannon sounds pretty amazing Hollywood Rock Chic. I had never even heard of it but my mom has an Irish cookbook with dozens of Irish recipes. We haven't tried any of the recipes in the book but the food is great
Bestie

I highly recommend it, it is delicious and a simple to make dish
Old 03-06-2017, 02:14 AM   #11
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
That type of bacon seems to be the norm all over Europe. I had no idea until I ordered it at multiple places. I'm not a fan of it at all so I learned that it's no bacon when overseas.

I actually like both American and Irish bacon, which I guess is very similar to Canadian variety.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:15 AM   #12
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I'm not Irish but I love Corned beef and cabbage with boiled potatoes.

I love corned beef and cabbage too. I am looking forward to eating some for St. Patrick's Day
Old 03-06-2017, 02:16 AM   #13
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Do Lucky Charms count?

Yes
Old 03-06-2017, 02:17 AM   #14
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Kale is so good for you! Very high in Vitamins A and K ! I've recently started getting in to it. Adding to my salad! I find it really tasty!

I agree Kale is very tasty
Old 03-06-2017, 02:45 AM   #15
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

When I was learning about Ireland and St. Patrick's Day at school I had to make Irish soda bread and it was good and then we had corned beef for lunch and it was great. Do you also like Irish soda bread too?
Bestie