Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-04-2017, 05:43 AM   #1
simmytbone

Default Who will clinch the 4 Divisions in the NBA in 2017?

Hey guys, here's the latest in the NBA as we are heading to the playoffs beginning next month

1st off, let's take a look @ the Eastern Conference

In the Atlantic Division, the Boston Celtics and the Toronto Raptors are in the Top 4 of the Eastern Conference Playoff Picture, but the Celtics are in 1st place for the Atlantic Division

However, the Celtics are gunning for the Central Division Leading Cleveland Cavaliers (who are 3 games ahead of the Celtics) for the #1 seed in the East, but the Raptors who are 12-2 against Division Rivals are gunning for the Celtics as they are 3 games behind them for 1st place @ the Atlantic Division Crown

Ever since the departures of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce & Jason Terry who went to the Brooklyn Nets the following season, Ray Allen (who went to the Heat for the last 2 years) and Head Coach Doc Rivers (who is currently the Head Coach for the Los Angeles Clippers) the Raptors under Head Coach Dwane Casey (who tookover the Head Coaching Position after winning an NBA Title as Asst. Coach for the Dallas Mavericks) have clinched the Atlantic Division for 3 straight years since 2014 (their 1st in 7 years) and the Celtics on the other hand has some fresh young talent and when Doc Rivers went to the Clippers, the Celtics hired Long Time Butler Men's Basketball Coach Brad Stevens to become the Head Coach and for the last 2 seasons, they've clinched a Playoff Berth only to lose in the 1st round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs

and now, the Celtics are looking to clinch their 22nd Division Title and their 1st Division Title for the 1st time in 5 years and they're also looking to clinch the #1 seed and hopefully, Home Court Advantage throughout the Entire Eastern Conference Playoffs

Meanwhile....

In the Southeast Division, the Washington Wizards and the Atlanta Hawks who suffered losses @ home tonight are neck and neck for 1st place for the Southeast Division Crown

The Hawks under Head Coach Mike Budenholzer (who won 4 NBA Titles as Asst. Coach for the San Antonio Spurs) clinched the Southeast Division Title in 2015 for the 1st time in 21 years and they've been in the playoffs since 2007/2008 Season

Under Mike Budenholzer, the Hawks clinched the #8 seed in 2014, but lost in Game 7 in the 1st round to the struggling #1 seeded Indiana Pacers, but in 2015, the Hawks clinched the #1 seed and Budenholzer won Coach of the Year and he even got a surprising call from his mentor-Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

Pop & Budenholzer won 4 NBA Titles as Head Coach and Asst. Coach for the San Antonio Spurs

However, the Hawks (who haven't won an NBA Title in almost 60 years) have been swept in the playoffs the last 2 seasons by the Cleveland Cavaliers lead by Lebron James and Kyrie Irving

The Wizards on the other hand missed out on the playoffs last season and they've not clinched a Division Title since 1979 and haven't won an NBA Title since 1978

Ever since John Wall joined the franchise, they've clinched the playoffs in 2014 and again in 2015 which was the year they recorded their best regular season record since 197879 and secured a place in the NBA playoffs

and now, the Hawks are just 2 behind of the Wizards for that Southeast Division Title

and now, let's take a look @ the Western Conference

In the Northwest Division, the Utah Jazz and the Oklahoma City Thunder are battling for 1st place in that Division

The Utah Jazz haven't clinched a Division Title since they clinched back to back in 2007 and again in 2008

The Jazz have lost both years they last clinched the division title to 2 teams that would reach the NBA Finals

The lost to the 2007 NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs and the following year, they would lose to the Top Seeded Los Angeles Lakers and now, they are lookin' to get BACK into the Playoff Picture for the 1st time in 5 years

The Thunder on the other hand have left Seattle and they went from the Seattle Supersonics to the Oklahoma City Thunder have won 5 of their last 6 Northwest Division Titles lead by the duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook

The only time they didn't clinch the Division as the Thunder was in 2015 when they missed the playoffs and that Division was CLINCHED by the Portland Trailblazers lead by Future Spur LaMarcus Aldridge and Russell Westbrook's longtime rival Damian Lillard

The Blazers clinched the Division for the 1st time 16 years

The Thunder are now 3 games behind of the Jazz and they're lookin' to clinch the Division yet again

and finally....

The Southwest Division is up for grabs as well

The 2 BIGGEST Rivals in the Lone Star State of Texas

The San Antonio Spurs and the Houston Rockets

The Spurs have been in the playoffs ever since coming off the WORST season in 1996/1997 when they went 20-62 but ever since Tim Duncan joined the fray in 1997/1998, have clinched the playoffs for 19 consecutive years under Head Coach Greg Popovich and with Tim Duncan playing for that franchise

The Rockets on the other hand have been in the playoffs for the last 4 years ever since James Harden left OKC Thunder and joined the franchise

Since 2013, the Rockets made the playoffs for the 1st time since 2009 and under James Harden (who won 6th Man of the Year with the OKC Thunder in 2012) clinched the Southwest Division in 2015 for the 1st time in 21 years since 1994 the year the Rockets won their very 1st NBA Title def. the New York Knicks in 7 games

Whenever people think of this rivalry, they think of David Robinson vs. Hakeem Olajuwon

Both "The Admiral" and "The Dream" have each won 2 NBA Titles and they've NEVER lost the Finals

and now, the Rockets are now under Former Lakers Head Coach Mike D'Antoni

The Spurs are looking to clinch their franchise record setting 22nd Division Title

However, the Spurs are gunning for the Pacific Division Leading Golden State Warriors (who are 2 games ahead of the Spurs) for the #1 seed in the West as well as the BEST Record in the League, but the Rockets are gunning for the Spurs as they are 5 games behind them for 1st place @ the Southwest Division Crown

Well guys, with only 2 months left in the Regular Season, the NBA is lookin' to become a Very EXCITING one

Who will clinch those 4 Divisions?

But also, will the Celtics and Spurs clinch the #1 seeds in their respective conferences?

THAT'S THE QUESTION!

Boston Celtics 40-22 (1st place in the Atlantic Division)
Toronto Raptors 37-25 (3 Games behind of the Celtics)

Washington Wizards 36-24 (1st place in the Southeast Division)
Atlanta Hawks 34-27 (2 Games behind of the Wizards)

Utah Jazz 38-24 (1st place in the Northwest Division)
Oklahoma City Thunder 35-27 (3 Games behind of the Jazz)

San Antonio Spurs 47-13 (1st place in the Southwest Division)
Houston Rockets 43-19 (5 Games behind of the Rockets)

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP

Last edited by simmytbone : 04-10-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

The NBA Final Four is going to be, in the East...

Boston vs Cleveland

In the West...

Golden State vs San Antonio

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 03-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
AMackII
Forum Regular

West:
San Antonio Spurs
Golden State Warriors

East:
Cleveland Cavaliers
Boston Celtics
Old 03-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
retroTVfan4ever

As of today, the only division title that I think is still up for grabs is between Utah and Oklahoma City. I wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma City ended up winning that division. Utah is improving but they still have a long way to go before they become a legit contender.

I think the Golden State Warriors are on the decline, so I believe San Antonio will win the West and be in the NBA finals this year. In the East, I think Cleveland is on the decline too and I believe Boston will win the East with Washington as a dark horse.

So my prediction is San Antonio vs. Boston or Washington in the NBA finals. Will see what happens.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #5
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

I'd still like to see the Cavaliers defend their NBA Title...
Old 03-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #6
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I'd still like to see the Cavaliers defend their NBA Title...

Can't count the Cavs out, they have been slipping a little as have the Warriors, but injuries could have something to do with that.

Utah plays Cleveland tonight in Cleveland. This will be a good test for Utah to see how they perform on the road vs. a top contender. Utah has actually been a decent road team this season, but their home record isn't as good as it usually is.

Houston is a dark horse team in the West and has potential to go deep in the playoffs. And Toronto in the East can't be counted out, they could be a dark horse along with Washington.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
retroTVfan4ever

LOL, Utah looked TERRIBLE on offense tonight vs. Cleveland. Utah might play good defense but they are a weak offensive team and they lack athletic players, Gordon Hayward is their leading scorer and that isn't saying much. Derrick Favors and Rodney Hood didn't play tonight, so the Jazz were shorthanded but even with a full squad they still lack a star power type of player. Utah has a LONG way to go before they are a contender, they will likely be bounced out of the playoffs quickly in the 1st round. The Clippers, Thunder, and Grizzlies are below Utah in the standings, but I think those teams have a better chance of success in the playoffs than Utah does.

The Thunder is another team to look out for, Russell Westbrook is having an MVP type of season, averaging a triple double per game and he's capable of winning games all by himself.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever : 03-17-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
Can't count the Cavs out, they have been slipping a little as have the Warriors, but injuries could have something to do with that.

Utah plays Cleveland tonight in Cleveland. This will be a good test for Utah to see how they perform on the road vs. a top contender. Utah has actually been a decent road team this season, but their home record isn't as good as it usually is.

Houston is a dark horse team in the West and has potential to go deep in the playoffs. And Toronto in the East can't be counted out, they could be a dark horse along with Washington.

I usually never see the NBA Eastern Conference that strong...if the NBA expands to 32, there should be 18 teams in the east and 14 teams in the west...sayin'...
Old 03-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #9
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I usually never see the NBA Eastern Conference that strong...if the NBA expands to 32, there should be 18 teams in the east and 14 teams in the west...sayin'...

True, the balance of power in the NBA is mostly in the Western conference. It's been that way for years. The West usually has 4 or 5 powerhouse teams, while the East usually has just 1 or 2 teams that stand out compared to the others.

I think the two conferences should always have an equal number of teams. I don't like that the NHL has 16 teams in the East and only 14 teams in the West. I think the Detroit Red Wings should be moved back to the Western conference Central division.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:31 AM   #10
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
As of today, the only division title that I think is still up for grabs is between Utah and Oklahoma City. I wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma City ended up winning that division. Utah is improving but they still have a long way to go before they become a legit contender.

I think the Golden State Warriors are on the decline, so I believe San Antonio will win the West and be in the NBA finals this year. In the East, I think Cleveland is on the decline too and I believe Boston will win the East with Washington as a dark horse.

So my prediction is San Antonio vs. Boston or Washington in the NBA finals. Will see what happens.

Yes, the Northwest Division between the Jazz and the OKC Thunder

The Thunder is just 2 games behind of the Jazz for that Division Title

as for the Atlantic Division Title, the Celtics are just 3 games ahead of the Raptors for their 1st Division Title since 2012 and their 1st Division Title under Head Coach Brad Stevens, but also, the Celtics are eyeing for the #1 seed

and speaking of Cleveland, the Cavs will have their work cut out this week on TNT

They will have 2 Road Games

Tonight on TNT Players only, they will head to San Antonio to take on the Spurs and on Thursday Night, they will head to Chi-Town to take on the Bulls who are still unstoppable @ home on the NBA on TNT and plus, the Bulls are still chasing for a playoff berth in the east and it will be followed by the Pelicans takin' on the Jazz in Utah

and on Wednesday Night on ESPN, the Warriors will head to San Antonio to take on the Spurs with the #1 seed in the west @ stake

and on Tuesday Night on NBA TV, the Warriors will be in H-Town takin' on the Rockets followed by the Wizards takin' on the Lakers in L.A.

and on Thursday Night, following the Cavs vs. Bulls, you will see the Rockets takin' on the Blazers as the Blazers look to stay @ #8 in the west

and on Friday Night on ESPN, you will see the Thunder host the Spurs in OKC followed by the Warriors hosting the Rockets in the Golden State

That's ALL THIS WEEK on TNT, ESPN & NBA TV

Last edited by simmytbone : 03-31-2017 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #11
retroTVfan4ever

I still think there's a fair chance that OKC will pass Utah and win that division. Utah overall is a soft team but they have a budding star in center Rudy Gobert, I think they should let Gordon Heyward go and build their team around Gobert. One problem for Utah is that Derrick Favors has been injured for much of this season and his stats are down compared to last year. George Hill and Rodney Hood have missed games too because of injuries.

The other close division race Boston/Toronto, I believe Boston will prevail and win that division.

It's too bad Utah didn't win a championship during the Malone/Stockton years. That Jazz team had a couple problems. First one was that Karl Malone underperformed during those two finals series vs. the Bulls. Second one was that Jerry Sloan wasn't the smartest coach. Sloan was a no nonsense type of coach, tough as nails, but Phil Jackson outcoached him in the finals.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever : 03-31-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #12
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

I have a strange feeling that the Cleveland Cavaliers are preserving their energy for the playoffs. I think they did that last year as well.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:06 AM   #13
simmytbone

Hey guys,

another Division Title has been clinched

The Northwest Division Title is now in the hands of the Utah Jazz, that's right

The OKC Thunder lost to the Phoenix Suns this past Friday Night and as a result of that, the Jazz have clinched the Division for the 1st time in 9 years which is almost a decade

However, the Thunder has def. their Division Rival Denver Nuggets and Russell Westbrook has finally broken Oscar Robertson's record with 42 Triple Doubles and that's the 1st time in 55 years

and as a result of the Thunder's Victory, the Nuggets have been eliminated from playoff contention and the Blazers have clinched the 8th and Final Spot in the Playoffs

and now, the Western Conference Playoffs has been complete

The Warriors will host the Blazers, the Spurs will host the Grizzlies, the Rockets will host the Thunder and the Clippers and Jazz will face-off, but we'll find out which of these teams will get Home Court Advantage in the 1st Round

also, the Warriors have won 14 consecutive games and once again, they've clinched the #1 seed in the West and Home Court Advantage throughout the playoffs and they also have THE Best Record in the NBA for the 3rd year in a row under Head Coach Steve Kerr

also, in the Eastern Conference, the Atlanta Hawks and the Milwaukee Bucks have clinched playoff berths and the Hawks have once again def. the Cavaliers

also, the Pacers, Bulls and Heat are all fighting for a spot @ the playoffs and the Eastern Conference Teams are jockeying for position

and finally, their's only 1 Division Title still up for grabs and that's the Atlantic Division Title between the Boston Celtics and the Toronto Raptors and the Celtics are a game and a half ahead of the Raptors and the #1 seed is still up for grabs between the Cavaliers, the Celtics and the Raptors

Who will get the #1 seed and which team in the east is in danger of being eliminated?

THAT'S THE QUESTION!
Old 04-10-2017, 09:43 AM   #14
retroTVfan4ever

Aside from Westbrook, OKC doesn't seem to have much of a team because they failed to win their division. Congrats to Utah for winning the division, but I don't think they'll get far in the playoffs. Western Conference is still dominated by Golden State and San Antonio, Houston is a dark horse but that's about it.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #15
retroTVfan4ever

My pick from the East to make it to the finals is Boston, with Toronto and Washington as dark horses. Of course the Cavs can't be counted out, but in my opinion they are running out of gas. Will see what happens.