Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #16
MISST3

One of my favorite restaurants, recently closed. A mom and pop, restaurant
that had been in existence for at least 30 years. They were known for their
dinner plate size Rubens! End of an era . . . as far as Rubens go!
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #17
Babalu

I imagine it's not suddenly to the people that own it. Restaurants rarely give advanced notice that they are going to close.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 03-14-2017, 04:27 PM   #18
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

An Acapulco restaurant recently closed, also a Sizzler and a Burger King
Old 03-14-2017, 06:21 PM   #19
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Oh No

In the Georgetown area of Seattle, a McDonald's, Taco Time, and an Arby's all closed down to supposedly make way for a treatment plant for the very polluted Duwamish River. I've heard from a co-worker who lives near there that this won't be a plant that goes up but in fact some yuppie condos that will ruin the charm of this area.

I used to eat at any one of these restaurants during lunch time several years ago. I'll miss them.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:50 AM   #20
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

I used to have three Sizzler restaurants near me in the 80's to the 90's but the Sizzler that was close to me closed and became a Coco's Restaurant and it also closed and the former building where it used to be is now a Verizon Wireless store. Another restaurant chain that was huge where I live that also closed was Marie Callender's and my mom used to LOVE their lemon pies and I had four of them but the Marie Callender's near me closed when Famous Dave's decided to move in to their building and it's a shame that Marie Callender's restaurants went broke because they were known for awesome food and the best chocolate chip cookies that they had in their bakery. But when Marie Callender died in 1995 the restaurant still was awesome in keeping Marie Callender's spirit alive in the food and at least Marie Callender's still has it's frozen food line that is still great as well
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 03-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #21
DadTheKing
Forum Regular

Hi Bestie! Do you have any in and out restaurants in your area? We have one place here called Fosters Freeze, do you have one? What is your favorite Mexican fast food place?
DTK
Old 03-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #22
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Many Quaker Steak and Lube restaurants closed and one was in Lakewood that I liked!

Another is Cleveland's Hard Rock Cafe...it was a great location and had the best restaurant coleslaw I ever tasted!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 03-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #23
dakert

Friendlys restaurant has been replaced by Chick Fil A here in Altoona Pa
Old 03-19-2017, 12:57 AM   #24
Tubehead

ones didn't last long:
griffers it was an hot dog place!! they opened all over the place then they went down hill! then they only had hot dogs & chips they didn't start severing nothing unitl lunch time!! then they weren't open in the night time!! i think they should have chicken hambugers & fires or union rings!!
back yard burger me my mom & dad couldn't believe they closed we loved there hambugers & there fires!! my dad read were they were going to bring them back but i hadn't heard any thing about them coming back in several years!!
central park i think they got high there is one in hixson!!
schlotzsky's its an sub sandwhich / pizza shop!! we still got one in dalton!!
long johns slivers it closed it ok rest rant its one place you never think about going to!! if we wont fish we would just go to captian Ds!!
quiznos it was sub sand which shop! then they went out business we still got one in cleveland TN
blimps they were also sub sand which shop!! but there subs was kind of cold but you could get them toasted but i think that subway hurt there business!!
fundos it was like hamburger place! it was ok you had to build your own hamburger we had one in dalton for couple years then it went out of business!!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #25
Ohio8

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

There was a Wendy's near my house, and it burned down in January 2014. I'll find the pics I took of it and post them in the next few days.