Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie Jamie Lee Curtis Returns for New "Halloween" Film

So you say you want a Revolution? You want to shake things up and bring back Halloween and make it rock again?

Well so do I.

So here’s the announcement you’ve all been waiting for...

David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team. David and Danny will write the script together and David will direct. I will continue in my executive producer role to consult and offer my advice and feedback as needed.

David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and…WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.

I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.

And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnCarpent...asterofHorror/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG : 09-16-2017 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #2
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team.

Is Seth Rogen playing Dr Loomis?

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 02-09-2017, 11:09 PM   #3
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

I wonder if we are talking remake, reboot, reimagining, sequel, or what?

As WONDERFUL as it is to hear Carpenter's name attached to a "Halloween" project, I'm very skeptical of this. I hope it isn't just a case where the younger guys flattered him to the point where he said he'd put up some money. I REALLY hope he has a lot of creative input.

I dunno; maybe I'm too cynical, but the first film means something to me and so does Carpenter and I am protective of both. We'll see.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

David Gordon Green and Danny McBride Talk Halloween; “It’s Going to be Incredible
by John Squires
March 7, 2017

Michael Myers returns to life on October 19th, 2018.

This year’s biggest news story so far was unquestionably the bombshell that Blumhouse, John Carpenter, Malek Akkad, and creative forces David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are teaming up to relaunch the Halloween franchise next year.

Gordon Green is directing from a script that he’s currently penning with McBride.

Last month, McBride revealed that the new film isn’t going to be a remake but rather a continuation of the first two (original) Halloween movies.

We’re focusing mainly on the first two movies and what that sets up and then where the story can go from there,” said McBride, adding that “it’s gonna continue the story of Michael Myers in a really grounded way.

We don’t come bearing much in the form of new information today, but in a new interview with Indiewire, Gordon Green and McBride did talk a bit more about their Halloween. McBride once again made it clear that they’re not remaking John Carpenter’s original film, but oddly enough, he did refer to the new film as a “reimagining.

McBride told the site, “We can’t talk for too much about the Halloween reboot, but David and I had a long talk with each other about when people do these with movies, where it goes wrong. ‘What pisses me off when it comes to something I like?’ We all came to the decision that remaking something that already works isn’t a good idea. So we just have a reimagining instead.

Gordon Green spoke about the project’s genesis, and what it was like pitching to Carpenter.

Jason Blum came to me. I’m a huge horror fan and I’ve never made one. I developed Suspiria for several years with Luca Guadagnino, who’s finishing directing it. It’s going to be incredible. I woke up at a hotel and had this email from Jason that said, ‘Halloween reboot. You get it. What do you say?’ I was just like, ‘What the **** does this mean?’ I wrote him back and said, ‘Call me immediately, my body is reacting to this,’ because Halloween is one of those influential movies that I was never allowed to see and lied about having not seen to my parents for years. It hit all the right taboos, and it had a lore to it. We’re just writing it now.

The coolest part about that was going to John Carpenter and pitching him. If he didn’t like the take, it wouldn’t bode well. He’s one of my biggest heroes. I think we were just so concerned about getting the job that we didn’t think about how ****ing scary that was to go sit down in front of him to tell him how we’d continue the story he’d created. It wasn’t until afterward that I realized, ‘****, this could go so badly. We’ll be really hurt if he schools us right now.’

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...ng-incredible/
Old 03-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
David Gordon Green and Danny McBride Talk Halloween; “It’s Going to be Incredible
by John Squires
March 7, 2017

Michael Myers returns to life on October 19th, 2018.

This year’s biggest news story so far was unquestionably the bombshell that Blumhouse, John Carpenter, Malek Akkad, and creative forces David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are teaming up to relaunch the Halloween franchise next year.

Gordon Green is directing from a script that he’s currently penning with McBride.

Last month, McBride revealed that the new film isn’t going to be a remake but rather a continuation of the first two (original) Halloween movies.

We’re focusing mainly on the first two movies and what that sets up and then where the story can go from there,” said McBride, adding that “it’s gonna continue the story of Michael Myers in a really grounded way.

We don’t come bearing much in the form of new information today, but in a new interview with Indiewire, Gordon Green and McBride did talk a bit more about their Halloween. McBride once again made it clear that they’re not remaking John Carpenter’s original film, but oddly enough, he did refer to the new film as a “reimagining.

McBride told the site, “We can’t talk for too much about the Halloween reboot, but David and I had a long talk with each other about when people do these with movies, where it goes wrong. ‘What pisses me off when it comes to something I like?’ We all came to the decision that remaking something that already works isn’t a good idea. So we just have a reimagining instead.

Gordon Green spoke about the project’s genesis, and what it was like pitching to Carpenter.

Jason Blum came to me. I’m a huge horror fan and I’ve never made one. I developed Suspiria for several years with Luca Guadagnino, who’s finishing directing it. It’s going to be incredible. I woke up at a hotel and had this email from Jason that said, ‘Halloween reboot. You get it. What do you say?’ I was just like, ‘What the **** does this mean?’ I wrote him back and said, ‘Call me immediately, my body is reacting to this,’ because Halloween is one of those influential movies that I was never allowed to see and lied about having not seen to my parents for years. It hit all the right taboos, and it had a lore to it. We’re just writing it now.

The coolest part about that was going to John Carpenter and pitching him. If he didn’t like the take, it wouldn’t bode well. He’s one of my biggest heroes. I think we were just so concerned about getting the job that we didn’t think about how ****ing scary that was to go sit down in front of him to tell him how we’d continue the story he’d created. It wasn’t until afterward that I realized, ‘****, this could go so badly. We’ll be really hurt if he schools us right now.’

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...ng-incredible/

So, it's going to pick up after Halloween 2, and yet it's a reboot and a reimagining? Ugh.

None of this is alleviating my fears. The first film was so powerful because of the supernatural ending. I honestly don't see how any narrative beyond that can be anything but disappointing. Number Two was...OK..but unnecessary. Number Three was awesome, partially because it was a new story. For me, anything that's happened beyond that has just been a lifeless cash grab.

Is it cool that Carpenter has given this his blessing? Sure. Does it mean it couldn't be awful? Nope.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:29 AM   #6
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
So, it's going to pick up after Halloween 2, and yet it's a reboot and a reimagining? Ugh.

It sounds similar to what Texas Chainsaw 3D was w/ that franchise. It was billed as a direct sequel to the original, but was also a reboot in the sense that they disregarded TCM Part 2 and went in a "new direction."
Old 03-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #7
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
It sounds similar to what Texas Chainsaw 3D was w/ that franchise. It was billed as a direct sequel to the original, but was also a reboot in the sense that they disregarded TCM Part 2 and went in a "new direction."

TC3D disregarded a lot from the original too.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:01 AM   #8
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Jamie Lee Curtis Returning as Laurie Strode
by Maureen Lee Lenker
September 15, 2017

Jamie Lee Curtis is going back to Haddonfield. The actress, who made her film debut as Laurie Strode in John Carpenter’s Halloween back in 1978, is returning for the next film in the horror franchise.

Curtis tweeted a photo of her on set next to a jack-o-lantern with a masked Michael Myers standing behind her ominously in the doorway. "Same porch. Same clothes. Same issues. 40 years later. Headed back to Haddonfield one last time for Halloween. Release date 10/19/18."

Curtis returned to the franchise for Halloween II (1981), Halloween H20 (1998) and Halloween: Resurrection (2002) where her character was killed off.

Details on her reappearance weren't made available, but screenwriters Gordon Green and Danny McBride have mentioned that their movie will be a “reimagining”.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/15/hall...tis-returning/
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #9
Dude111

If she was killed off in 2002,how can she return???

It will probably be aweful!!!
Old 09-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #10
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
If she was killed off in 2002,how can she return???

It will probably be aweful!!!

Reimagining. Meaning it'll probably ignore all the sequels.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #11
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Reimagining. Meaning it'll probably ignore all the sequels.

And this isn't the first time it happened as we all know that H20 ignored 4-6.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:20 PM   #12
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:
And this isn't the first time it happened as we all know that H20 ignored 4-6.

Laurie didn't even know she had a daughter.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:51 PM   #13
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Laurie didn't even know she had a daughter.

and she got stuck w/ Josh Hartnett for a son.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:05 PM   #14
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
It will probably be awful!!!

Like the rest of them weren't?

There were only two entertaining things about Jamie Lee Curtis, and I imagine they're long past their prime.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 09-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #15
Dude111

I thought the first halloween IS EXCELLENT (1978)