Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #16
Tubehead

i don't really hate Cigarette smoke.but if there's too much i hate cigarette smoke!! my grand mama before she died she smoked cigarettes then my grandpa smoked pipes! so i was used to the smell! my aunt smokes sometimes i don't think she smokes an whole lot! my dad & brother don't smoke but they use tobacco i tried it one time i felt like i was going to barf!! then my dad uses the smokeless tobacco but lately i hadn't seen him use tobacco in good while same goes for my brother!! has any one tried the vapors? i was just wondering what they taste like? i never tried one! i heard they can be dangerous but some people put weed & different stuff in the vapors!! i know there's like this vapor room were you can go in & smoke the vapor!! we got one in east brainerd but i never would go in there i don't smoke! i remember one time i was an kid my grand mama got done smoking an cigarette i tried it i didn't like it!! it tasted horriable!!
Old 01-29-2017, 10:27 PM   #17
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

I guess I don't mind cigarette smoke because I'm not really by it that much. But if I knew someone who smoked pot, I definitely wouldn't be around them. Smoking pot is illegal anyway. I don't know why someone would hang around them.

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 05:09 AM   #18
ponytail

I am very sensitive to certain smells and cigarette smoke is one of them. I can pick up the smell from yards away. I do not like it at all. It is unhealthy and messes with my sinuses.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #19
Polarity
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman
Yes I do hate Cigarette smoke. Gets me sick. I smoked from the age of 13 to the age of 29. Hardest thing I ever did was quit. . Nicotine is an addictive drug and when you quit it, you go into withdraws and sometimes panic attacks, cold sweats. It's like those people detoxing off alcohol, only not as severe. It took me 13 months to get back to normal again. Been off of them for 26 years and proud of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Same here! Friends and relatives that still smoke! I used to smoke but quit years ago. I don't care for the smell either, but out of respect nobody smokes in my house if they are smokers visiting! And I find with the no smoking in buildings rule these days mainly everyone does smoke outside. So I don't really find it that annoying or notice the smell too much!
More than not liking the smell, I worry for the health of the family and friends who smoke! Luckily most aren't really heavy smokers, I do have a friend and a cousin who are though! And as for getting cancer from second or third hand smoke, I don't worry about that at all. I think it is very unlikely!

Congrats to both of you for quitting and staying smoke free!! I've heard of many former smokers who quit and can't stand the smell afterwards.
I can't stand the smell myself. I've had smoker friends tell me to never start, cause it's so addicting, and I'm glad I listened to them!
Old 01-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #20
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

In New Hampshire, it has been illegal to smoke in bars and restaurants for a decade in bars and restaurants.

Now, there's a proposal to roll back the smoking ban and allow individual bar and restaurant owners to decide whether or not to allow smoking in their establishments.

http://www.wmur.com/article/state-la...g-bans/8588709

I fear if this passes, it's a major step back. I don't want to breathe second hand smoke when I'm out to eat or if I choose to go to a bar.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #21
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Madderest

ABSOLUTELY HATE cigarette smell. The smell of death.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #22
Wawwie

Quote:
I like the smell of pot!!!!
It's pretty good sometimes!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:03 PM   #23
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
It's pretty good sometimes!

I don't really indulge ..... anymore! But when I get a whiff of it, I really like the smell,and get nostalgic for "The good old days"!!!
Old 02-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #24
Lee
veteran member

Angry

Yes, and it always makes me cough. My sister Claire has Asthma and when
she was 10 years old we were in a storm shelter in Athens, Alabama and
she began having a bad attack. Apparently A guy had a cigarette and
started smoking it right here in the shelter. Dad promptly asked the guy to
put it out and he did so.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:04 AM   #25
Hollywood Rock Chic

I am a former smoker (smoked for 25 years) I quit 7 years ago. Now the smell of cigarettes makes me nauseous. I am so glad that I kicked that nasty (and very expensive) habit.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:10 AM   #26
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
I a former smoker (smoked for 25 years) and I quit 7 years ago. Now the smell of cigarettes makes me nauseous. I am so glad that I kicked that nasty (and very expensive) habit.

Yes!!! My gosh it really is expensive!! I can't get over how much cigarettes cost these days! Besides the health reasons that is another reason I'm glad I don't smoke! The cost!! I'd be in the poor house if I still smoked !!!
Old 02-02-2017, 03:13 AM   #27
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Yes!!! My gosh it really is expensive!! I can't get over how much cigarettes cost these days! Besides the health reasons that is another reason I'm glad I don't smoke! The cost!! I'd be in the poor house!!!

I was paying close to 6 bucks back in 2010 (the year I quit) I can only imagine how much a pack costs nowadays!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #28
Race's Girl
Forum Veteran
Miss Tremendous

Send a message via MSN to Race's Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Race's Girl

You bet your ass I hate the stuff
Old 02-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #29
Ohio8

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

I absolutely hate it!
Old 02-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #30
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Cigarette smoke is disgusting. My mother smoked a LOT. I didn't visit her as much as I wanted to because I hated how I felt after I left. I'd feel nauseous and would cough non-stop. The minute I got home, the stinky clothes went into the washing machine, and I went into the shower. She wouldn't not smoke or smoke less when I'd visit. That's how addicted she was to nicotine.

My father didn't smoke, yet he died from esophageal cancer. My mother died from lung cancer. It troubles me to think that cancer probably claimed both of my parents' lives.

My mother had two sisters. Her older sister died from emphysema cancer while her younger sister died from lung cancer. Three sisters, all dead from smoking.

I quit smoking 29 years ago. One of the best gifts I ever gave myself.