Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-18-2017, 08:10 AM   #1
Nurse Sully
Frequent Poster

Default What was/is your school life like?

So let's see what everyone's school experiences were like. From the early elementary school days all the way through college.

For myself I actually loved learning from a very early age and loved reading and numbers. Being a pretty social kid also helped in the early years as I made friends easily. I still however thought boys were icky back then.

My Middle School days was only limited to 2 years as I skipped the 7th grade. Middle School definitely had the most drama for me in the short time I was there, but I remained a good student and pretty social. 8th grade was the most difficult because I suddenly left all my classmates one year behind and was all of the sudden the youngest.

High School was a blast and a huge growing up experience for me. I grew up in Northern VA. and after my 8th grade year my parents were discussing sending me to a boarding school in New Hampshire for my High School education. They decided it would be great educationally for me and also for my growth. They were correct on both ends. I met so many influential people in my life in my 4 years there that I grew academically and personally so much. It was totally a lot of fun living on Campus and gaining friendships, but the experience was not like the Facts Of Life or Zoey 101 sitcom shows. There was a heck of a lot more studying and school work being done.

After high school I actually pretty much knew what I wanted to do and that was to help people and be a Nurse. So after being away in another State for 4 years in High School I decided to stay in State and attend the University of Virginia. This is where I just recently got my Nursing degree last year. While at UVA I continued to study hard, but for really the first time started to party as well. I remained pretty social and met many great friends along the way while living on campus or near campus in an apartment.

So for me all in all my school life experience turned out pretty well. I did have to work hard and I also have to thank my Mom and Dad for guiding me. Also to all the teachers who mentored me along the way that did a wonderful job.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:20 AM   #2
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

I started school when I was three years old and while some teachers said I was so cute and had nice manners I was actually was a little beast and the most funniest thing I did was when I was doing arts and crafts was after I drew a picture I begged my teacher to look at my picture and she kept telling me she was busy and I kept waiting for my teacher to come look at my picture but when I couldn't wait any longer I screamed a bunch of profanity at her and my teacher had to go to my house and blamed my grandfather for teaching me bad words but today that incident is the most cutest part of my childhood that I remember. Then by the time I was in elementary school my attitude changed and I was a star student and I was very active in my school plays and other activities and I even was in student council too and I rarely misbehaved in school
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 01-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Elementary-I went to three different schools between 1988 and 1997. The first half of Kindergarten, I went to A.G. Bell Elementary (now demolished) and it was on the east side of Cleveland and to get there, the bus drove through the lower-class area and it got a little better when Woodland became Larchmere. I was later transferred to Douglas MacArthur Elementary (now is an all-girl school) near Hopkins Airport. I had some good times at that school, and both schools I was in a Multi-Handicapped Class. It wasn't until I went into the 4th Grade when I went to St. Mark Lutheran in Cleveland (now Luther Memorial). I did love my elementary school years...it went downhill when I was in Junior High (7th and 8th grades), I got bullied.

High School-I was Home Schooled throughout my High School years. If I could relive my life, I'd go back to the High School years...but my parents are really protective towards me.

College-I went to Cuyahoga Community College and I got my Associate's Degree...I had to get a GED and it took me four years to finish at a two-year school. I did like the acting classes there.

Trade-I went to Ohio Media School for a year...I may visit there again.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 01-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
D-Dey
Win The War!

Madderest

I didn't mind the learning. What bothered me was the rigid social repression, the constant attacks by bullies, and the officially sanctioned lies about how to handle crap like this, especially the teachers and other school staff members punishing me when other kids used to pick fights with me. Whenever I insisted that self-defense was justified, they'd blow me off and say "you watch too much TV," or some stupid **** like that. Being small for my age and looking younger made things even worse for me. By the time I was in the third grade, I suspected the teachers were paying bullies to attack select groups of kids. From that point on, I not only hated school, but Romper Room and anything in the universe that tried to make school days seem like such a wonderful time. I wished I could take a truckload of explosives and a cement block for the gas pedal and plow right into the front gate, and jump out of the truck before impact. Needless to say anti-school songs are some of my favorites, and I'm generally sympathetic towards high school dropouts.

Once I got out of school, I started seeing one news report after another of an injustice or atrocity carried out either by one teacher or an entire school. Everything I felt about school has been reaffirmed. I tend to take any report from our school system about issues with some kids with a grain of salt. As far as I'm concerned, schools are nothing but jails for kids, and the one aspect of being single and unattached that I actually like is that I don't have any kids, and therefore don't have to force them into the oppression and injustice of our school system.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:03 AM   #5
Lee
veteran member

Unhappy

Because of my problems with Autism, school was not easy for me,
especially high school, where I was frequently bullied, especially by
a black boy with mental problems named Kevin Johnson. Because of him,
I was actually prejudiced toward black people for a while until I started
watching Bill Cosby on television and saw that most black people were
good people and that bullies like Kevin Johnson were just a thing of my
high school days.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #6
Crusinforabrusin

Not very fun. I'm quiet and reserved, so I don't have much a social life(not that I care). Another thing is that I never liked the school environment and idea of being forced to learn about stuff that I'm not interested in. That's why I have low grades in many of my classes