Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-14-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
um
Forum Regular

Default Which TV Shows Always Included The Entire Regular Cast In Every Episode?

In IMDb it says that in each episode of the Beverly Hillbillies, all the cast members were in each episode ( unless I misunderstand something).

Which TV shows did the same with its cast members and which shows did not?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055662/
Old 01-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #2
PhoenixAcres
Happy Fall

Jethro (Max Baer Jr.) missed two episodes near the end of season 9, though he still was credited in the opening theme. IMDB counts all episodes an actor was credited for, regardless if the actor actually made an appearance.

As for your question, Gilligan's Island comes to mind. All 7 regulars I believe appeared in at least one scene in all 98 episodes. The Honeymooners may also qualify, though it only lasted one season. I can't think of any other series which had a 100% attendance rate for all its regulars though. Over the course of many seasons it becomes extremely more likely that someone just can't make an episode, or the script just won't call for their presence.

It also depends on your definition of a regular character. If you just mean characters who get "starring" credit I'm sure there are more shows out there because there generally aren't that many starring characters in a show.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
MISST3

I would say Leave it to Beaver, the immediate family. There were two episodes, that I recall, when June Cleaver, was out of town, and Ward
Cleaver was out of town, but, they both made brief appearances, even then.
So, I would say "Leave it to Beaver" series had the entire cast every episode.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:04 AM   #4
Crusinforabrusin

Gilligan's Island
The Munsters
Father Knows Best
Old 05-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #5
Edward216

I'm going to guess Golden Girls had the regular cast in every episode of the series. Just because it was only the 4 actresses so it was a small cast.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:20 PM   #6
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

The Brady Bunch
The Partridge Family
The Addams Family
Charlies Angels
Laverne and Shirley
Mork and Mindy
Barney Miller
Happy Days
Old 05-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #7
thebigcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
The Brady Bunch
The Partridge Family
The Addams Family
Charlies Angels
Laverne and Shirley
Mork and Mindy
Barney Miller
Happy Days

I remember reading somewhere that Florence Henderson, Barry William, and one other person that I can't think of were the only three to appear in every Brady Bunch episode. And the casts changed a lot on Happy Days and Mork and Mindy, so I know the entire cast didn't appear in every episode.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #8
thebigcookie

I think Vivian Vance and William Frawley each missed one or two episodes of I Love Lucy. I think the entire Ropers cast appeared in every episode but that series only lasted 28 episodes.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #9
bmasters9

Based on what I've seen of Petrocelli (I'm close to taking the checkered flag on that 1974-76 NBC legal series), Barry Newman, Susan Howard and Albert Salmi (the three core cast members, and the only three credited) appeared in every episode.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
Old 05-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #10
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcookie
I remember reading somewhere that Florence Henderson, Barry William, and one other person that I can't think of were the only three to appear in every Brady Bunch episode. And the casts changed a lot on Happy Days and Mork and Mindy, so I know the entire cast didn't appear in every episode.

I was assuming the question involved shows who's entire "current" cast appeared in each episode. So while Ron Howard left HD in 79, you couldn't really say he counted as one of the cast that didn't appear in the years afterward, right?
Old 05-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #11
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
I was assuming the question involved shows who's entire "current" cast appeared in each episode. So while Ron Howard left HD in 79, you couldn't really say he counted as one of the cast that didn't appear in the years afterward, right?

I know that Anson Williams was considered a cast member during the final season but only appeared in maybe two episodes (he wasn't even in the finale).

I, too, was wondering if this meant current casts or overall. I'd like to list some shows as well. I just need to think of some.

(1) Andy Richter Controls the Universe (2) Boy Meets World (3) Cheers (4) Community (5) Ellen (6) Grounded for Life (7) Hey Dude (8)The Honeymooners (9) I Love Lucy (10) The King of Queens (11) Married with Children (12) Mister Ed (13) The Munsters (14) Ned and Stacey (15) Newhart (16) NewsRadio (17) Night Court (18) Norm (19) The Office (20) Parks & Recreation (21) Rhoda (22) Spin City (23) Taxi (24) That 70s Show (25) Wings
Old 05-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #12
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAcres
The Honeymooners may also qualify, though it only lasted one season.

Joyce Randolph (Trixie Norton) missed a few episodes here and there.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #13
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusinforabrusin
Father Knows Best

Elinor Donahue missed at least one episode, and I'm pretty sure more. I remember last year I popped in a season three DVD and watched an episode that she was absent from.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #14
tvfan25
Forum Regular

Frasier, Niles, Roz, Daphne and Martin were in all 263 episodes of "Frasier".
Old 05-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #15
Dianne3
Forum Regular

I think in the 50's, there were quite a few westerns with only one lead character.
I'm assuming the show Steve McQueen got his start on is one. Anyway, any show with just one lead they would have to be in every episode, wouldn't they?
These shows were before my time.

The Odd Couple may be one. They only had 2 regulars. There was one episode were I don't think Felix was in it, but Tony Randall played his grandpa. Not sure if that counts.