Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 24, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Orders Multi-Camera Sitcom with Melissa Joan Hart and Sean Astin; Three New Seasons of Bob's Burgers on DVD
Fri-Yay: BoJack Horseman is as Delightfully Sad as Ever in Season 5; The Guest Book Returns Oct. 23 on TBS with More Guests
The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default If you received a Gift Card for someone do you use it for something u WANT or NEED?

Since it's a gift given to me I focus on my wants because I want to feel good about what I bought. For the stuff I need that can be used with my own money.

How do you use it?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget
Senior Member
 
gidgetgrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 20, 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Since it's a gift given to me I focus on my wants because I want to feel good about what I bought. For the stuff I need that can be used with my own money.

How do you use it?
I would use it for something I want. But, it depends on the store.
gidgetgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape
I would use it for something I want. But, it depends on the store.

Yeah like if it's Target or Bed Bath and Beyond it's a combination of both! If it's JC Penney or Macy's I get something nice to wear even if I don't need it!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Yeah like if it's Target or Bed Bath and Beyond it's a combination of both! If it's JC Penney or Macy's I get something nice to wear even if I don't need it!

Mine was a Visa and was probably going to buy a DVD with it


My mom was talking about getting some towels and new bed sheets lol


HELL NO
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Mine was a Visa and was probably going to buy a DVD with it


My mom was talking about getting some towels and new bed sheets lol


HELL NO

Yep! That's a Mom for you! I'd probably tell my Sons that too if I thought they needed new towels and sheets!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:41 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Yep! That's a Mom for you! I'd probably tell my Sons that too if I thought they needed new towels and sheets!

the checking account is for ALL NEEDS lol

the additional accounts and gift cards are for things to make me SMILE
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:06 PM   #7
IllinoisTVFan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 2,332
Default

For wants. In fact I just bought a book for a class next semester but paid cash. I received an Amazon card and I'm going to buy DVDs (they are having an awesome sale btw).
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:19 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
For wants. In fact I just bought a book for a class next semester but paid cash. I received an Amazon card and I'm going to buy DVDs (they are having an awesome sale btw).

Downtown Philly is turning out to be A$$

No Walmart, No Target, No Malls, No Music stores lol


I don't think I can use a gift card for a online purchase can I?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:20 PM   #9
PhoenixAcres
Member
Senior Member
 
PhoenixAcres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 3,852
Default

If you've got a gift card I'd say buy something nice for yourself. There's a time for needs and a time for wants, and a gift card is meant for wants so you should enjoy yourself.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #10
IllinoisTVFan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 2,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Downtown Philly is turning out to be A$$

No Walmart, No Target, No Malls, No Music stores lol


I don't think I can use a gift card for a online purchase can I?
Usually you can.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #11
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 34,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Usually you can.

Yeah I think so too! Not sure how a Visa gift card would work, but one year I got a Macy's gift card and ordered online with that! There should be a number code on the card is how you do it!

Pretty sure Visa gift cards you would be able to order online too!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #12
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Yeah I think so too! Not sure how a Visa gift card would work, but one year I got a Macy's gift card and ordered online with that! There should be a number code on the card is how you do it!

Pretty sure Visa gift cards you would be able to order online too!
Visa gift cards work like regular credit cards, I've used them for various online sites, it'll have a website to access so you can see how much you have left.
__________________
"I'm going to go do something productive. I'm gonna go watch television." - Ray Peterson, The 'burbs

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:07 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Visa gift cards work like regular credit cards, I've used them for various online sites, it'll have a website to access so you can see how much you have left.

I was thinking about using it to order something from ebay. Then another part of me wants to use it to eat out. lol

I need to make a decision
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #14
bmasters9
Member
Senior Member
 
bmasters9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2007
Posts: 2,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I don't think I can use a gift card for a online purchase can I?
Indeed so! I used one for $25 to Amazon that my brother Mike gave me to get the lot of the 1958-60 Darren McGavin Mike Hammer syndicated series.
__________________
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
bmasters9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #15
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmasters9
Indeed so! I used one for $25 to Amazon that my brother Mike gave me to get the lot of the 1958-60 Darren McGavin Mike Hammer syndicated series.

Ok I will do that then so I can have a package waiting for me at home
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.