Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default My cousin scammed the Family two days before Christmas??????

My cousin scammed the entire family last night. The family got together last night because my cousin and her daughter is going out of town today. So instead of the family getting together today on Christmas Eve, we met last night. And since my mom didn't feel like cooking my cousin came up with the idea to buy dinner for the family and everyone contribute $12.00 a piece

So I get to the house and see that she bought 40 wings and a pan of mac and cheese? There was No Chicken Breast or chicken Thigh just all chicken wings. And she wants everyone to believe that 40 wings and a pan of mac and cheese cost $75???? I am still disgusted because I feel so cheated and the food was even all that good.

I could have gotten me a nice individual dinner for $12 dollars from Popeyes. Most grown people want something other than a chicken wing when eating fried chicken. And I can tell everyone at the table was trying to be polite and go along with it. Plus no one took any food home after we left the house. I believe everyone was disappointed for the money they put out.

Then she reveals to the family she got a $1000 christmas bonus from her job. Then why the **** are we giving you $12.00 a piece? She could have kept that **** to herself.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
egghead
Frequent Poster

personally, I think she should have paid for the ENTIRE dinner herself
Old 12-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead
personally, I think she should have paid for the ENTIRE dinner herself

And as soon as people was walking in the door she was like......."got your $12? I was like......"damm can I take my coat off?"

Plus I didn't see any food and was like......."u asking for the money but I see no food?'
Old 12-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
egghead
Frequent Poster

just chicken wings and macaroni with cheese is a pretty lame holiday meal. She also should have got a ham, maybe some mashed potatoes and corn bread or biscuits, too. Some restaurants charge as low as $10.50 per person for a holiday feast for 6-8 people.
It really does sound like your cousin scammed your family. If she was really low on money, I might understand. But you say she got a really big bonus from her job. Shame. When you invite people over for dinner, you shouldn't expect them to pay. That's just my opinion.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
just chicken wings and macaroni with cheese is a pretty lame holiday meal. She also should have got a ham, maybe some mashed potatoes and corn bread or biscuits, too. Some restaurants charge as low as $10.50 per person for a holiday feast for 6-8 people.
It really does sound like your cousin scammed your family. If she was really low on money, I might understand. But you say she got a really big bonus from her job. Shame. When you invite people over for dinner, you shouldn't expect them to pay. That's just my opinion.

Yes what the f*ck kind of meal is that? Like you said some biscuts or another side to go with the mac and cheese
Old 12-24-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
egghead
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Yes what the f*ck kind of meal is that? Like you said some biscuts or another side to go with the mac and cheese
Just chicken wings and mac & cheese is more like a snack, not a meal. Did she at least get some wine or beer?

Sorry you had such a lame 'dinner' at your cousin's house.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Just chicken wings and mac & cheese is more like a snack, not a meal. Did she at least get some wine or beer?

Sorry you had such a lame 'dinner' at your cousin's house.

And the fact that no one took anything home lets you know right there how everyone felt about the food
Old 12-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #8
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

That was tacky! With a good Christmas bonus like that she should have just bought it all herself and not charged! And what a skimpy meal,to charge that kind of money,there should have at least been more food like you and Egghead were saying!
Old 12-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
That was tacky! With a good Christmas bonus like that she should have just bought it all herself and not charged! And what a skimpy meal,to charge that kind of money,there should have at least been more food like you and Egghead were saying!

No one wanted to speak up and saying anything to avoid a family argument during holiday time.

But for $12 I can go out and buy a much better dinner for myself than some damm chicken wings and mac and cheese
Old 12-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #10
egghead
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
That was tacky!
Yes, that was very tacky!!! I can't imagine inviting my family over for dinner and then charging them money for it.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #11
egghead
Frequent Poster

Quote:
No one wanted to speak up and saying anything to avoid a family argument during holiday time.

But for $12 I can go out and buy a much better dinner for myself than some damm chicken wings and mac and cheese
And for only about $10.50 per person, a family can get a catered meal of ham or turkey, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, corn bread and a large pie like pumpkin, apple or sweet potato.

Your cheapo cousin should have used some of her holiday bonus to buy the entire meal for her guests.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, that was very tacky!!! I can't imagine inviting my family over for dinner and then charging them money for it.

It wasn't at her house, it was at my mom house. My mom didn't feel like cooking and was going to buy sandwiches, chips and soda

My cousin was the one who suggested that it be something hot and that she would buy it. She never said from where so I am thinking all day long what is this MYSTERY DINNER

lol
Old 12-24-2016, 03:10 PM   #13
egghead
Frequent Poster

Quote:
It wasn't at her house, it was at my mom house. My mom didn't feel like cooking and was going to buy sandwiches, chips and soda

My cousin was the one who suggested that it be something hot and that she would buy it. She never said from where so I am thinking all day long what is this MYSTERY DINNER

lol
I think I would have rather had the hero sandwich!

There is no way that forty wings and some mac & cheese cost seventy five dollars! I think she did indeed scam you all. She probably pocketed at least 20 or 30 bucks.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:14 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
I think I would have rather had the hero sandwich!

There is no way that forty wings and some mac & cheese cost seventy five dollars! I think she did indeed scam you all. She probably pocketed at least 20 or 30 bucks.

she asked one person for $20
Old 12-24-2016, 07:45 PM   #15
egghead
Frequent Poster

Bob Evans family holiday meals for only about 10.00 per person.
Attached Images