Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Showtime Gets Jillian Bell for Comedy; Rev Run Sitcom Preview
Rugrats Revived on Nickelodeon; Vanilla Ice Project Returns Aug. 11
Guests Line Up for Caroline Rhea Series; UnREAL Season 4 Premieres on Hulu
Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,488
Default My cousin scammed the Family two days before Christmas??????

My cousin scammed the entire family last night. The family got together last night because my cousin and her daughter is going out of town today. So instead of the family getting together today on Christmas Eve, we met last night. And since my mom didn't feel like cooking my cousin came up with the idea to buy dinner for the family and everyone contribute $12.00 a piece

So I get to the house and see that she bought 40 wings and a pan of mac and cheese? There was No Chicken Breast or chicken Thigh just all chicken wings. And she wants everyone to believe that 40 wings and a pan of mac and cheese cost $75???? I am still disgusted because I feel so cheated and the food was even all that good.

I could have gotten me a nice individual dinner for $12 dollars from Popeyes. Most grown people want something other than a chicken wing when eating fried chicken. And I can tell everyone at the table was trying to be polite and go along with it. Plus no one took any food home after we left the house. I believe everyone was disappointed for the money they put out.

Then she reveals to the family she got a $1000 christmas bonus from her job. Then why the **** are we giving you $12.00 a piece? She could have kept that **** to herself.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
egghead
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2016
Posts: 216
Default

personally, I think she should have paid for the ENTIRE dinner herself
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead
personally, I think she should have paid for the ENTIRE dinner herself

And as soon as people was walking in the door she was like......."got your $12? I was like......"damm can I take my coat off?"

Plus I didn't see any food and was like......."u asking for the money but I see no food?'
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #4
egghead
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2016
Posts: 216
Default

just chicken wings and macaroni with cheese is a pretty lame holiday meal. She also should have got a ham, maybe some mashed potatoes and corn bread or biscuits, too. Some restaurants charge as low as $10.50 per person for a holiday feast for 6-8 people.
It really does sound like your cousin scammed your family. If she was really low on money, I might understand. But you say she got a really big bonus from her job. Shame. When you invite people over for dinner, you shouldn't expect them to pay. That's just my opinion.
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead
just chicken wings and macaroni with cheese is a pretty lame holiday meal. She also should have got a ham, maybe some mashed potatoes and corn bread or biscuits, too. Some restaurants charge as low as $10.50 per person for a holiday feast for 6-8 people.
It really does sound like your cousin scammed your family. If she was really low on money, I might understand. But you say she got a really big bonus from her job. Shame. When you invite people over for dinner, you shouldn't expect them to pay. That's just my opinion.

Yes what the f*ck kind of meal is that? Like you said some biscuts or another side to go with the mac and cheese
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 03:46 PM   #6
egghead
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2016
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Yes what the f*ck kind of meal is that? Like you said some biscuts or another side to go with the mac and cheese
Just chicken wings and mac & cheese is more like a snack, not a meal. Did she at least get some wine or beer?

Sorry you had such a lame 'dinner' at your cousin's house.
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead
Just chicken wings and mac & cheese is more like a snack, not a meal. Did she at least get some wine or beer?

Sorry you had such a lame 'dinner' at your cousin's house.

And the fact that no one took anything home lets you know right there how everyone felt about the food
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #8
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 33,428
Default

That was tacky! With a good Christmas bonus like that she should have just bought it all herself and not charged! And what a skimpy meal,to charge that kind of money,there should have at least been more food like you and Egghead were saying!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:02 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
That was tacky! With a good Christmas bonus like that she should have just bought it all herself and not charged! And what a skimpy meal,to charge that kind of money,there should have at least been more food like you and Egghead were saying!

No one wanted to speak up and saying anything to avoid a family argument during holiday time.


But for $12 I can go out and buy a much better dinner for myself than some damm chicken wings and mac and cheese
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #10
egghead
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2016
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
That was tacky!
Yes, that was very tacky!!! I can't imagine inviting my family over for dinner and then charging them money for it.
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:07 PM   #11
egghead
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2016
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
No one wanted to speak up and saying anything to avoid a family argument during holiday time.


But for $12 I can go out and buy a much better dinner for myself than some damm chicken wings and mac and cheese
And for only about $10.50 per person, a family can get a catered meal of ham or turkey, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, corn bread and a large pie like pumpkin, apple or sweet potato.

Your cheapo cousin should have used some of her holiday bonus to buy the entire meal for her guests.
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead
Yes, that was very tacky!!! I can't imagine inviting my family over for dinner and then charging them money for it.

It wasn't at her house, it was at my mom house. My mom didn't feel like cooking and was going to buy sandwiches, chips and soda

My cousin was the one who suggested that it be something hot and that she would buy it. She never said from where so I am thinking all day long what is this MYSTERY DINNER

lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #13
egghead
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2016
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
It wasn't at her house, it was at my mom house. My mom didn't feel like cooking and was going to buy sandwiches, chips and soda

My cousin was the one who suggested that it be something hot and that she would buy it. She never said from where so I am thinking all day long what is this MYSTERY DINNER

lol
I think I would have rather had the hero sandwich!

There is no way that forty wings and some mac & cheese cost seventy five dollars! I think she did indeed scam you all. She probably pocketed at least 20 or 30 bucks.
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead
I think I would have rather had the hero sandwich!

There is no way that forty wings and some mac & cheese cost seventy five dollars! I think she did indeed scam you all. She probably pocketed at least 20 or 30 bucks.

she asked one person for $20
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:45 PM   #15
egghead
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2016
Posts: 216
Default

Bob Evans family holiday meals for only about 10.00 per person.
Attached Images
 
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.