Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #1
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Unhappy Zsa Zsa Gabor (1917-2016)

Though she appeared in several movies during her career, Gabor was known for her outlandish personality and extravagant lifestyle.

Link

Zsa Zsa Gabor, who parlayed a minimal acting career into a career as a celebrity, has died. She was 99.

Ed Lozzi, a publicist for Gabor, told CBS LA she passed away at her home Sunday afternoon.

Gabor fell out of bed in 2010 and underwent hip-replacement surgery July 19 at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles. Her right leg was amputated above the knee in 2011 to prevent the spread of gangrene, part of a long run of health troubles the mid-century glamour girl has had since breaking her left hip in a fall.

Married nine times, the former Miss Hungary contestant made a career joking about her numerous marriages and luxurious needs. Best known as a sex symbol, Gabor cultivated a comic image of an Old World gold digger. With her diamonds, furs and sense of privilege, she exuded a blond diva swagger, a persona fueled by her serial husbands.

Former spouses included such well-heeled gents as Conrad Hilton and Oscar-winning actor and bon vivant George Sanders, who later married her sister Magda. She was the mother of actress Francesca Hilton.

Although Gabor appeared early in her career in several movies, including a small part as a nightclub singer in Orson Welles’ 1958 classic A Touch of Evil, she was more recognized for her outlandish persona, extravagant lifestyle and penchant for calling everyone “dahling.”

“I don’t remember anybody’s name,” she once said. “How do you think the ‘dahling’ thing got started?

Gabor embodied the Hollywood concept of “celebrity”: A headline-grabbing, spotlight-attracting Bel Air resident regularly in the public eye not because of any unique accomplishment but simply for “being.”

“Every age has its Madame Pompadour, its Lady Hamilton, its Queen of Sheba, it’s Cleopatra, and I wouldn’t be surprised if history singles out Zsa Zsa as its 20th century prototype of this exclusive coterie,” Sanders wrote in his 1992 autobiography Memoirs of a Professional Cad.

Magda, who died in 1997, and Gabor’s other sister, Eva, who died in 1995, also were celebrated beauties, though Magda generally shunned the public eye. Eva co-starred with Eddie Albert in the 1965-71 CBS comedy Green Acres, playing scatter-brained city-slicker wife Lisa Douglas.

Zsa Zsa Gabor’s haughty grandeur wore thin on occasion: In 1989, she was convicted of slapping a Beverly Hills policeman and sentenced to 72 hours in jail and perform community service. In 2002, she was involved in a serious car accident on Sunset Boulevard as the passenger in a car driven by her hairdresser.

In addition to her celebrity status, Gabor was author of 1970’s How to Catch a Man, considered a how-to guide for gold diggers. Gabor’s zingy humor came to light unexpectedly on an early live TV show where she dismissed a compliment on her gaudy diamonds with, “Oh, Dahling, zese are just my vorking diamonds.”

Her straight-faced, diva-style quips made her a popular talk-show guest in the ’70s and ’80s; in particular, Merv Griffin delighted in plumbing the comic depths of her shallowness. When queried by the mock-serious Griffin about her housekeeping, she retorted: “I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house.”

During more recent years, she was game for spoofing her own image: Gabor appeared in one of David Letterman’s Late Night gags, accompanying the baseball-capped host to suburban New Jersey, where they appeared on doorsteps with Gabor asking the stunned housewives if she could come in and take a look at the shoes in their closets.

She even parlayed her jail term into maintaining a spot in the public eye. She appeared in the main title sequence of The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear (1991) in a spoof of her jail-bird notoriety. In similar vein, Gabor did a self-mocking turn in the final episode of the 1960s TV series Batman, playing Minerva, a wily spa owner who fleeced her customers.

She was born Sari Gabor to wealthy parents in Budapest, Hungary. The date, as expected, varies, but is considered to be Feb. 6, 1917. Her starry-eyed mother, Jolie, propelled her into the Miss Hungary contest in 1936. Gabor, her sisters and their mother emigrated to the U.S. about the time of outbreak of World War II.

Gabor’s more serious acting credits include Moulin Rouge, Lovely to Look At and We’re Not Married, all from 1952, and 1953’s Lili. In 1958, she ran the gamut of moviemaking, appearing in Touch of Evil as well as the campy oddity Queen of Outer Space.

During the ensuing years, she appeared on the big screen only rarely, appearing in such ditzy ditties as Won Ton Ton: The Dog Who Saved Hollywood (1976) and Frankenstein’s Great Aunt Tillie (1984). She did cameos for Nightmare on Elm Street 3 (1987), The Beverly Hillbillies (1993) and A Very Brady Sequel (1996) and voiced a character in the animated Happily Ever After (1993).

Survivors include Prince Frederic von Anhalt, whom she wed in 1986. Her marriage garnered her the title Princess von Anhalt, Duchess of Saxony. Eva died in 1995; Magda two years later.

Last edited by Zoneboy : 12-18-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Didn't come to 100 like Kirk Douglas!

Now she can be reunited with Eva...

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 12-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

RIP Zsa Zsa ,you were a very beautiful woman! You will be reunited with your lovely Sisters! Say hello to my girl Lisa Douglas (Eva) for me!

Old 12-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #4
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Zsa Zsa aged incredibly well. Honestly, who would have ever guessed that she was 49 years old at the beginning of her run on "Green Acres"?

RIP
Old 12-18-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
Zsa Zsa aged incredibly well. Honestly, who would have ever guessed that she was 49 years old at the beginning of her run on "Green Acres"?

RIP

Eva was on Green Acres. Although I imagine that's fitting since they were always mixed up by others in life.....

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 12-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #6
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Ehhh, you are right. Apologies. Well, let's try this...Zsa Zsa was 51 when she was on Batman in 1968. Still pretty hard to believe!!
Old 12-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #7
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
Ehhh, you are right. Apologies. Well, let's try this...Zsa Zsa was 51 when she was on Batman in 1968. Still pretty hard to believe!!

Yeah! They really did look very much alike! Not identical but they sure could have passed for fraternal twins ,but they weren't!
Old 12-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Sad news, though I know she had a pretty poor quality of life the past few years so I hope she is finally at peace.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:18 PM   #9
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
Sad news, though I know she had a pretty poor quality of life the past few years so I hope she is finally at peace.

Yes she was bedridden. I do know that she had a leg amputated some time ago. Her daughter Francesca Hilton died last year from a stroke at age 67. Zsa Zsa was quite a character! Eva was the quieter one. May they all rest in peace.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2016, 12:40 AM   #10
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Erica Tiffany Smith!

Old 12-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #11
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

Rest in peace.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:04 AM   #12
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Yeah! They really did look very much alike! Not identical but they sure could have passed for fraternal twins ,but they weren't!

Fraternal twins look no more or less alike than any other siblings.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:58 AM   #13
ToeKnee
Frequent Poster

Such a beautiful woman and lived a long a successful life. May she Rest In Peace.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #14
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeKnee
Such a beautiful woman and lived a long a successful life. May she Rest In Peace.

Welcome to Sitcoms Online ToeKnee!
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2016, 02:18 PM   #15
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
Fraternal twins look no more or less alike than any other siblings.

That's true. I know fraternal twin brothers who look nothing alike. One has dark hair and dark complected and the other is a red head with freckles! But on the other hand The Olsen Twins (Full House) are fraternal twins but when they were small looked so much alike that I couldn't tell them apart.
Attached Images