Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-28-2017, 01:29 PM   #106
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Does it even count as an Urban Legend if no info on it can be found?

Probably not. I just didn't know what else to call it! I checked it out on Snopes.com but there was not anything about it. I don't know where he got that info. Maybe he made it up?
Old 01-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #107
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Here's a real Clark Gable DYK...

He (Gable) almost left the set of Gone with the Wind because of segregated washrooms! He also didn't want to go to the gala premiere because it was in Atlanta where segregation laws existed...but Hattie McDaniel insisted Gable to go.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 01-28-2017, 02:00 PM   #108
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
Here's a real Clark Gable DYK...

He (Gable) almost left the set of Gone with the Wind because of segregated washrooms! He also didn't want to go to the gala premiere because it was in Atlanta where segregation laws existed...but Hattie McDaniel insisted Gable to go.

Iknew that.Good for him!
Old 01-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #109
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixAcres16
The 20th amendment was also called the "Lame duck" amendment, "lame duck" referring to members of congress (or the president) who are officially on their way out (following the election) but are still in office. They may have lost the election or their term limit could be up. Having the transfer happen in January rather than March reduced the time for them to just sit around awkwardly knowing their days are numbered.
I also thought it had to do with travel. Today a flight can get you anywhere fast. In the early days, horses, carriages, stagecoaches or slow transportation took awhile for you to get to presidential home/white house. Abe Lincoln of Illinois had to get to Washington from Illinois. No cars or planes in those days. He probably took a train. By 1930's transportation had come a long way.Less time for travel, less time to wait so the date was moved to Jan.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #110
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

DYK...Mel Blanc, who did the voice of Bugs Bunny disliked carrots!
Old 01-29-2017, 06:29 PM   #111
Furienna

DYK... the first human to be caught on a photograph was a man, who was getting his shoes polished on a street in Paris. Many people and horse carriages must have passed him on the busy street, but nobody else stood still long enough to be caught on the photograph. And alas, it is very unlikely that we'll ever know who this man was.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #112
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna

DYK... the first human to be caught on a photograph was a man, who was getting his shoes polished. Many people and horse carriages must have passed him on the street, be nobody else stood still long enough to be caught on the photograph.
Do you know what year it was taken?

EDIT: Never mind, I looked it up and it was 1838.
That's really amazing too. He went down in history and never even knew it.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #113
MISST3

DYK that one of the most popular flavors of ice cream in Sweden is salmiakki, or salty licorice, which can also be coal black in color.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:32 PM   #114
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Here's a Groundhog Day DYK...

Bill Murray almost died while filming Groundhog Day...The Groundhog bit Bill Murray. Luckily, Murray was treated right away!

Another DYK from the same movie...It was filmed in Woodstock, Illinois. Which isn't too far from Bill Murray's home... Chicago!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #115
MISST3

DYK that . . . For United States Selective Service, Individuals who are born female and changed their gender to male are not required to register. Individuals who are born male and changed their gender to female are still required to register at age 18-26.

Last edited by MISST3 : 02-06-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #116
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Here's a good DYK for Black History Month...

DYK...Josephine Baker was not only known in Paris for her exotic Banana Dance, but she was one of the early celebrities to stand for Civil Rights in her birth country The United States!

Another DYK...Grace Kelly was at The Stork Club when Baker was kicked-out in 1951. Once Kelly heard about that, she and Baker became close friends until Baker's death in 1975! Grace Kelly even helped Josephine Baker out of bankruptcy when Kelly became princess of Monaco!
Old 02-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #117
Crusinforabrusin

Did You Know there's a conspiracy that the government actually paid Stanley Kubrick to stage the moon landing?
Old 02-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #118
D-Dey
Win The War!

Did you know that Kubrick was too busy making "2001: A Space Odyssey," to be involved in any kind of presumed government conspiracy?
Old 02-11-2017, 12:09 AM   #119
MISST3

DYK . . . Elvis Presley was a blonde.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:14 AM   #120
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Another Black History Did You Know...

George Washington Carver didn't invent peanut butter! But he did say peanuts are edible and may fight polio.

Another George Washington Carver DYK...he was good friends with Henry Ford, Booker T. Washington, and John Harvey Kellogg. Carver also turned-down a deal with Thomas Edison and he was very modest when it came to clothes and money.