Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #136
MISST3

DYK that •The Iditarod is know as the “Last Great Race on Earth.”
•It is a race over 1150 miles of the roughest, most beautiful terrain Mother Nature has to offer.
•It takes place in Alaska with temperatures that reach far below zero, and with winds that can cause a complete loss of visibility.
•The race begins in Wasilla, Alaska. The race route is alternated every other year, one year going north through Cripple, Ruby and Galena, the next year south through Iditarod, Shageluk, Anvik. It ends in Nome where a hero’s welcome is the custom for racers 1 through 61 who finish.
•The mushers compete for $69,000 and a new truck.
•Each musher can have 16 dogs that they must care for and feed throughout the race.
The race begins on the first Saturday in March, and lasts from 9 to 15 days.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #137
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
That would be because you were supposed to not have any fun during the lent (I believe that weddings were forbidden during lent as well).

I know that the church shouldn't use the word "Alleluia" during Lent since it is a 40-day concept...that excludes Sundays.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 03-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #138
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISST3
DYK that •The Iditarod is know as the “Last Great Race on Earth.”
•It is a race over 1150 miles of the roughest, most beautiful terrain Mother Nature has to offer.
•It takes place in Alaska with temperatures that reach far below zero, and with winds that can cause a complete loss of visibility.
•The race begins in Wasilla, Alaska. The race route is alternated every other year, one year going north through Cripple, Ruby and Galena, the next year south through Iditarod, Shageluk, Anvik. It ends in Nome where a hero’s welcome is the custom for racers 1 through 61 who finish.
•The mushers compete for $69,000 and a new truck.
•Each musher can have 16 dogs that they must care for and feed throughout the race.
The race begins on the first Saturday in March, and lasts from 9 to 15 days.

Do you know the history of the Iditarod?

In January 1925, there was a diphtheria epidemic in Nome, and with no modern transportation available, the medicine was transported by dog sled. With dog sled teams stationed along the way, the run, which had never taken less than two weeks in the 50 below zero and lower temperatures, was completed in 6 days. Almost 50 years later, the run was recreated for sport and is the celebrated race we know today.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 03-09-2017, 06:12 AM   #139
Furienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I know that the church shouldn't use the word "Alleluia" during Lent since it is a 40-day concept...that excludes Sundays.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that Sundays were your "day off" from all those strict rules of the lent.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:19 PM   #140
Furienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
Do you know the history of the Iditarod?

In January 1925, there was a diphtheria epidemic in Nome, and with no modern transportation available, the medicine was transported by dog sled. With dog sled teams stationed along the way, the run, which had never taken less than two weeks in the 50 below zero and lower temperatures, was completed in 6 days. Almost 50 years later, the run was recreated for sport and is the celebrated race we know today.
That was a lovely story.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #141
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

DYK...the earth is neither round nor flat...it is oval-shaped supposedly!
Old 03-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #142
PhoenixAcres
Happy Fall

DYK the oldest surviving video in the world was recorded in October 1888 and only runs 2 seconds long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc-L9_4jGc4
Old 03-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #143
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
DYK...the earth is neither round nor flat...it is oval-shaped supposedly!

The Earth is an oblate spheroid. It bulges slightly at the equator and is flattened slightly at the poles. This is caused by the Earth's rotation.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #144
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
The Earth is an oblate spheroid. It bulges slightly at the equator and is flattened slightly at the poles. This is caused by the Earth's rotation.

I doubt any planet is 100% sphere...or at least the 4 inner planets...
Old 03-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #145
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Quote:

And too many fast food trips.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 03-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #146
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

DYK...Daylight Savings Time was coined by Benjamin Franklin.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #147
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity
Tom Petty 1950-2017

DYK..... that the proper term is Daylight Saving Time? not savings. Anyway Mr. Franklin can take DST and stuff it! A lot of states have voted it out and I wish Michigan would too!
Old 03-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #148
Regulus

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
DYK..... that the proper term is Daylight Saving Time? not savings. Anyway Mr. Franklin can take DST and stuff it! A lot of states have voted it out and I wish Michigan would too!

During the "Energy Crisis" in the mid 1970s Michigan decided to be on DST all year, but it caused more problems than it solved. Children had to go to school when it wasn't daylight, and when a couple of children were hit by a car (they were not injured severely) there was an outcry, and DST was repealed.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #149
Furienna

I'm not a fan of DST either.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #150
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity
Tom Petty 1950-2017

[quote=Regulus]During the "Energy Crisis" in the mid 1970s Michigan decided to be on DST all year, but it caused more problems than it solved. Children had to go to school when it wasn't daylight, and when a couple of children were hit by a car (they were not injured severely) there was an outcry, and DST was repealed.[/QUOTE .

I remember that and we hated it!