Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Showtime's SMILF Returns for 2nd Season on Jan. 20; Bunk'd Renewed for 4th Season Without Key Stars
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Buys Rural Comedy From "Liberal Redneck" Trae Crowder; Crossover Event Planned for Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon
Fri-Yay: An Appreciation for Mike Schur's Comedies; IFC Acquires Pee-wee's Playhouse
Drunk History and Corporate Return in January; Jim Gaffigan Returns with Comedy Central Special
The Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy in Color on Dec. 14; The CW Sets January 2019 Premiere Dates
getTV 2018 Holiday Marathons Schedule; truTV Comedy Returns for 3rd Season


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
TMC
Member
Forum Celebrity
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2001
Posts: 31,277
Question Has anybody else ever dealt with a serious onset of depression and anxiety

I haven't been posting for a while because somehow I've been in a serious funk. There have been so many things on my mind as of late whether it be my school work, feeling a desire to change my lifestyle habits, and feeling anxious about the incoming year.

For one reason or another, by last Thursday, I was somewhat of a physical and emotional wreck. I had little desire to eat, I was tired and full of remorse, guilt, worry, and self-doubt. Not just about the past but my immediate future. I think that talking about it and going outside to take on new experiences has slowly helped me get better. I'm not completely "recovered" yet, but it won't happen over night.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #2
Anna Karenina
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Anna Karenina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09, 2006
Posts: 10,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
I haven't been posting for a while because somehow I've been in a serious funk. There have been so many things on my mind as of late whether it be my school work, feeling a desire to change my lifestyle habits, and feeling anxious about the incoming year.

For one reason or another, by last Thursday, I was somewhat of a physical and emotional wreck. I had little desire to eat, I was tired and full of remorse, guilt, worry, and self-doubt. Not just about the past but my immediate future. I think that talking about it and going outside to take on new experiences has slowly helped me get better. I'm not completely "recovered" yet, but it won't happen over night.
Yes. For sure.

I am a woman of a certain age, facing menopause and I go through hormonal changes which at times have made me very depressed and self loathing. I am in a better place at the moment but I definitely understand the feeling of being in a mental funk. I worry about the future and being all alone. I think we all have those kind of feelings and it is important to talk about them and address them. I wish you well and enjoy reading the articles you post. I think exercise is very helpful with my anxiety and depression issues so inspired by your post I am going to hit the treadmill and eat more nutritiously. Sometimes I get so discouraged I don't even bother to take my own medicines which is just stupid and careless on my part. Sometimes I think I get in my own way if you know what I mean. I am glad you brought this issue up, a lot of us I am sure can relate to the issue of depression and you were brave enough to speak out about it. Thank you, TMC.

God Bless.
Anna Karenina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
Alan Brady's Hair
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2014
Posts: 3,194
Default

There are various tests online to consider if you're having a depressive episode. This is from the British National Health Service, but there are others that might be more detailed:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

If you feel like you qualify, you can just go to a primary care physician who will ask questions about how you're feeling, and probably schedule a full physical. They can prescribe meds that have been around for many decades.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:18 PM   #4
TMC
Member
Forum Celebrity
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2001
Posts: 31,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
There are various tests online to consider if you're having a depressive episode. This is from the British National Health Service, but there are others that might be more detailed:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

If you feel like you qualify, you can just go to a primary care physician who will ask questions about how you're feeling, and probably schedule a full physical. They can prescribe meds that have been around for many decades.
The thing about feeling depressed is that you suddenly just don't really care. You don't have much desire or motivation to eat or to be active. It's just that you're energy level is at an all time low. All that you really want to do and look at as a refuge of sorts is lay in the bed (even if you're so full of anxiety, that's is hard to fall asleep). And even then, that's really not healthy so you're kind of stuck.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #5
TMC
Member
Forum Celebrity
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2001
Posts: 31,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Karenina
Yes. For sure.

I am a woman of a certain age, facing menopause and I go through hormonal changes which at times have made me very depressed and self loathing. I am in a better place at the moment but I definitely understand the feeling of being in a mental funk. I worry about the future and being all alone. I think we all have those kind of feelings and it is important to talk about them and address them. I wish you well and enjoy reading the articles you post. I think exercise is very helpful with my anxiety and depression issues so inspired by your post I am going to hit the treadmill and eat more nutritiously. Sometimes I get so discouraged I don't even bother to take my own medicines which is just stupid and careless on my part. Sometimes I think I get in my own way if you know what I mean. I am glad you brought this issue up, a lot of us I am sure can relate to the issue of depression and you were brave enough to speak out about it. Thank you, TMC.

God Bless.
What I've learned from this ordeal that I shouldn't think to much about whatever I did wrong or what I could've done in the past. I just have to move forward in hopes of improving myself as a person. I also learned to not rush into things to make up for lost time. Nor should I be so urgent to plan out my immediate future like getting a serious job. As of now, I should just focus on being the best student that I can be.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
Furienna
Member
Senior Member
 
Furienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 22, 2006
Location: Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
Posts: 5,602
Default

I had a bad depression twelve years ago, and I have been on mecication since early 2005. You will get better, even if you might have to wait some months for much improvement.
__________________
Intelligence and purity.
Furienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.