Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No A School Stabbing in Ohio!

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/ohio/...mpus/356917387

Sad... I feel sorry for the people who encountered this...

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)

Last edited by MrCleveland : 11-30-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:01 PM   #2
Alan Brady's Hair

Was there any shooting other than by the campus police officer?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #3
Family Ties Forever!

Default Eight people transported to the hospital after shooter attacked them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/ohio/...mpus/356917387

Updates | Ohio State attacker identified as Somali refugee, OSU student
Akron student at Ohio State recounts 'active shooter' situation
18:12:15
11 injured in Ohio State University Attack
Details unfolding on OSU suspect

Ohio State University says a shelter-in-place warning has been lifted and the scene is secure following reports of an active shooter, the AP reports.

Ohio State tweeted Monday morning that all classes would be canceled for the rest of the day.

11:10 a.m.:
The suspect linked to an active shooter situation on the Ohio State campus is dead, police authorities confirm to our sister station WCMH.

Eight people were taken to the hospital, the station reports.

NBC4 says seven victims are in stable condition, while another person is in critical condition.

Another person is receiving treatment on scene, the station said.

10:30 a.m.
The AP reports Ohio State University is telling students there's an active shooter on campus and they should "Run Hide Fight."

Ohio State's official Twitter page retweeted a post from OSU Emergency Management saying there is an active shooter on campus in Columbus on Monday morning.

The tweet says: "Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College." Watts Hall is a materials science and engineering building.

"Run, hide, fight" is standard protocol for active shooter situations. It means: Run, evacuate if possible; Hide, get silently out of view; or Fight, as a last resort, take action to disrupt or incapacitate the shooter if your life is in imminent danger.

A Columbus police dispatcher declined to comment on the reports, but police vehicles were seen at the scene.

10 a.m:
Several tweets were posted by OSU around 10 a.m. Monday regarding the situation:

"Run Hide Fight," one of the tweets declared.

Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College.— OSU Emergency Mngmnt (@OSU_EMFP) November 28, 2016
Buckeye Alert: Continue to shelter in place. Avoid area of College. More information to follow.— OSU Emergency Mngmnt November 28, 2016

Buckeye Alert: Continue to shelter in place in north campus area. Follow directions of Police on scene.— OSU Emergency Mngmnt (@OSU_EMFP) November 28, 2016
The Columbus NBC affiliate sent out a live Periscope video from the scene .

https://t.co/vNh1zIhrMu— NBC4 Columbus (@nbc4i) November 28, 2016
The Lantern, Ohio State's student news organization, is posting photos from campus on Twitter (MOBILE USERS: click here to view).

Sad... I feel sorry for the people who encountered this...

The shooter plowed his car into people, then got out of his car with a knife and started slashing and cutting people. It's a good thing he was taken down. Because of the shooter eight people went to the hospital, one in critical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
Was there any shooting other than by the campus police officer?

Considering the 18-year-old active shooter on campus used his car to hurt students and also used a knife to slash and cut them, it's a good thing the police officer shot him. Eleven people injured, 8 [of the 11] went to the hospital and one [of the 8] in in critical condition.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:59 PM   #4
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
The shooter plowed his car into people, then got out of his car with a knife and started slashing and cutting people. It's a good thing he was taken down. Because of the shooter eight people went to the hospital, one in critical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
Considering the 18-year-old active shooter on campus used his car to hurt students and also used a knife to slash and cut them, it's a good thing the police officer shot him. Eleven people injured, 8 [of the 11] went to the hospital and one [of the 8] in in critical condition.

You've used the word "shooter" three times to describe someone, but haven't indicated him shooting anything or anyone.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:11 AM   #5
Foggy
Forum Regular

Details were in conflict due to the "Buckeye Alert" which stated "active shooter."

The system is set-up to alert that there is a dangerous situation occurring on campus via promoter to alert instructors and students with cell phones.(mainly was set-up for active shooter)

A fire alarm went off, which brought students outside--a suspected gas leak.
Firetruck and campus police were in route. No idea how the alarm went off at this time.

Student drove car up into the students outside and wrecked car, then got out with knife and begin slicing. About that time campus police officer arrived and shot him dead.
60 seconds was about the time that occurred for 11 people to be injured and attacker to die.

The "Buckeye Alert" was sent out as the situation was ending, yet they still had to check the campus for other possible threats.

My wife and I had a friend and her daughter on campus for a tour and was put in the basement with others while the campus was in lock down (till about 11:30 am)

We have been to OSU so many,many times and could have been there if our grandson had gone for the tour.

Very sad that the student was upset that there wasn't enough "pray rooms" on campus and was afraid to pray openly for fear of being thought of or looked upon as a "terrorist", but then committed this act.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #6
Foggy
Forum Regular

Islamic State claims responsibility for Ohio State attack

Quote:
The Islamic State group claimed responsibility on Tuesday for an
attack at Ohio State University in which a man ran down pedestrians in a car and stabbed others with a butcher's knife.

The attacker, a Somali immigrant student at the university, injured 11 people in Monday's attack before he was shot dead by a police officer.

The Islamic State news agency AMAQ posted a photo of Abdul Razak Ali Artan wearing a blue shirt and sitting with greenery in the background. It described him as a soldier of the group.

"Brother Abdul Razak Ali Artan, God accept him, implementer of the Ohio attack, a student in his third year in university," the caption read.

Artan, born in Somalia, was a U.S. permanent resident who arrived in the country in 2014, said a federal official, who asked not to be identified.

Investigators believe Artan may have lived for as long as seven years in Pakistan, said the federal official also declined to be named because of the investigation. Somali refugees often spend some time in Pakistan before coming to the United States, another official said.

Members of Columbus' Somali community have denounced the attack.

(Reporting Ali Abdelatti; Writing by Amina Ismail; Editing by Ralph Boulton)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/isl...Wae?li=BBnb7Kz

Old 11-29-2016, 07:06 PM   #7
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
You've used the word "shooter" three times to describe someone, but haven't indicated him shooting anything or anyone.

Well... it's now a stabber...sorry for the misunderstanding...
Old 11-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #8
Babalu

Shooter or whatever. He's still a brainwashed bloodthirsty lunatic murdering savage. And that's cleaning it up quite a bit.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 11-30-2016, 06:56 AM   #9
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
You got something against a police officer trying to protect other people?

You should try to understand what was written, instead of trying to guess at hidden agendas. There's no basis at all for what you said in your last two posts.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #10
Foggy
Forum Regular

Quote:
You should try to understand what was written, instead of trying to guess at hidden agendas. There's no basis at all for what you said in your last two posts.

I agree.
I can see where Lee thought you were against the campus police officer shooting the terrorist. No where in the story link provided in the first post does it say the terrorist had a "gun," but it does keep saying "active shooter" in the alert. It does say the campus police officer shot him, therefore I understood your question in post #2 and understand how confusing the story is that Lee probably read.

Last edited by Foggy : 11-30-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:40 PM   #11
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
MrCleveland, being that the story has now been clarified, you should
change the thread title from school shooting to school stabbing.

Fixed!
Old 11-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #12
Lee
veteran member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
Fixed!

Hope I didn't get you mad
Old 11-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #13
Lee
veteran member

Unhappy

Quote:

I apologize for my 2 earlier posts. I just saw your comment about the
campus police officer and mistakenly thought you were criticizing him when
you were actually saying that he was the only one who fired any shots. I
also apologize for thinking you were trying to criticize Jenny when you were
just trying to find out the actual story. You are right, I should have read the
whole story before making those posts. I guess I just had a knee jerk
reaction because I generally support law enforcement and mistakenly
thought you were slamming them.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:11 PM   #14
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I apologize for my 2 earlier posts.

Well said. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #15
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Hope I didn't get you mad

No...if someone said "It was a stabbing, you idiot"...then I'd be offended.

Because I have a mental illness, idiot is a fighting word!