Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-02-2016, 05:54 AM   #31
ponytail

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Before you know it, it will be all over with and you'll being feeling better.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #32
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I had my follow-up with the gastro. surgeon this morning. The gallbladder has to come out as it has basically shut down. He said it's rare for somebody at my age and health, but things like this happen. No evidence of gallstones.

I had a root canal done about 2 weeks before I went into the ER and had to put off getting the crown while all of this was going on. I now have to get the crown taken care of before I go in for surgery as the doctor said he doesn't want to have anything come loose in my mouth or at risk of infections during the operation.

I also have to keep the drainage tube inside until the operation itself.

I hope you can get in for the surgery ASAP. I can't believe you've had to deal with the drainage tube for this long. The good news about those is that they heal pretty quickly once they come out and the scars are barely noticeable.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:50 PM   #33
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
I hope you can get in for the surgery ASAP. I can't believe you've had to deal with the drainage tube for this long. The good news about those is that they heal pretty quickly once they come out and the scars are barely noticeable.

That's because they don't want anything else building up inside while they wait to take it out. They have to keep everything "flowing".

I'm used to it at this point. I only have mild discomfort when I get up or down, but once I'm out and about I don't even feel it. The surgeon did tell me that I'm going to have another drainage tube out of my navel for about 1 week after the procedure.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #34
cleverfun3000

Old 11-07-2016, 02:30 AM   #35
Dude111

Jimmy I hope your feeling better buddy
Old 01-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #36
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I have my surgery scheduled for Feb. 27th. That's the earliest my surgeon was able to take me.

Everything else has been pretty much the same since my hospital discharge a few months ago. I still have the drainage tube inside and have to wear it until the operation. Getting up and down is still painful and I can't really go outside much since bundling up for the cold puts pressure on my body.

I have to take all of my pre-op testing around the beginning of February since it's only good up to 30 days prior to surgery.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:41 AM   #37
Babalu

Looking at the bright side, if the surgeon thought it was more serious, they'd take you right away so making you wait is a good sign.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 AM   #38
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
I have my surgery scheduled for Feb. 27th. That's the earliest my surgeon was able to take me.

Everything else has been pretty much the same since my hospital discharge a few months ago. I still have the drainage tube inside and have to wear it until the operation. Getting up and down is still painful and I can't really go outside much since bundling up for the cold puts pressure on my body.

I have to take all of my pre-op testing around the beginning of February since it's only good up to 30 days prior to surgery.

Ahhh! Sorry you have to go through all this! As a Mother with Sons I feel like you are one of my own , and sad you aren't well!! Take care and God bless you ,and you will have your surgery soon (it will be here before you know it) and you'll be feeling better soon!
Old 01-07-2017, 01:38 AM   #39
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:

Sending good wishes your way, James. Keep us updated.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #40
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Ugh, I feel so badly that you are still dealing with all of this. I can't believe they don't have the ability to get you in any sooner. I hope that everything goes as smoothly as possible and that you are able to be as pain-free as possible until February 27th.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #41
Dude111

Quote:
Oh Gosh I am so sorry buddy,I thought it was behind ya....

Im glad you feel OK now (Knock on wood)

We love ya James!!!
Old 01-07-2017, 04:03 PM   #42
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Smile

Your surgery is scheduled way out. I wonder why they're so busy. No matter, the important thing is that you're on your way to getting it done and over with, and on the road to recovery.

James, I'm sorry that you're in pain and so uncomfortable. Relief is (hopefully) around the corner. Just know that you have friends here who really care how you're doing and feeling. Please keep us posted of any updates.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #43
MISST3

Wishing you the best outcomes, pre and post-operatively and that your
complete recovery is speedy!
Old 01-08-2017, 03:54 AM   #44
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and well-wishes.

My surgeon originally told me that for me it's "the later, the better" since he wanted to make sure the inflammation had decreased as much as possible prior to surgery. I would have had things done a little bit sooner if I didn't have to have my dental crown taken care of prior to this.

His nurse told me that he's pretty much booked for the next few months and that he is going away on vacation for 2 weeks around the end of January-beginning of February. I researched him as much as I could online and apparently he's one of the best surgeons around, which is great.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:38 AM   #45
Lee
veteran member

Unhappy

Quote:
I have an inflamed gallbladder. Docs had to drain all of the bile out and I have a tube attached at my side that will be removed later on. I then have another hospital stay coming up within 4 weeks of discharge to remove the gallbladder. They couldn't do it right away due to the infection. Then I have a final outpatient procedure for them to remove the stem they inserted during the endoscopy. As of now I'm waiting for my team of docs to get back to me on this mornings blood count and to see if I'm ready for discharge. I had my first solid food today which was great.

Hope you make a complete recovery!