Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Office Scores on Comedy Central; The Tick Gets 2nd Season on Amazon
Comedy Central Picks Up The Jim Jefferies Show for Second Season; Remembering Donnelly Rhodes from Soap
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: More Cable, Crackle, Paramount Network and More
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: Cable Roundup of IFC, AMC, Hallmark, Pop and More
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: American Dad Gets Two Season Renewal at TBS; New Details About Roseanne Reboot
Fri-Yay: What Does the Future Hold for Fox Sitcoms?; TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: TBS and HBO
Hulu Orders 2nd Season of Future Man; Michael J. Fox Heads Back to Politics on TV
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: NBC; grown-ish Premieres Strong on Freeform
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: ABC, Includes ABC 2018 Midseason Schedule; Goldbergs Spin-off Pilot Airs Jan. 24
TCA 2018 Winter Press Tour: CBS, CW and Showtime; Remembering Jerry Van Dyke


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 02:41 AM   #1
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 1,962
Default Being bullied

I'm going to make this as vague as possible but recently someone bullied me. I am not happy with my current program in school and am talking about changing or going through it and going back to a former job. I realized this job isn't for me. Most people said things like "good for you". Anyway, one person decided to attack me by saying I am worthless, I can do no better, etc. It's someone I know. I explained that it makes no sense to continue in seeking a job in something I actively dislike and advancing my education in this, but they then went on a rant saying I think I'm so smart because I graduated college but I'm dumber than a high school graduate. This person then compared me to someone else who got hired at an employer because her brother is in management there. Of course she did. There's more to it but you get the idea. I don't get this at all, why would someone attack someone because they dislike a field they realized wasn't to their liking? isn't it better to realize this before you finish? Btw, I really want to go back to a former field and am working on doing so, which is why this was weird.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:37 AM   #2
Race's Girl
Forum Veteran
Miss Tremendous
 
Race's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2005
Location: On Fonzie's bike in front of Arnold's
Posts: 12,270
Send a message via MSN to Race's Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Race's Girl
Default

I was bullied at school so I know how you feel
__________________
Girls rock so there, boys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell
 
MrCleveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09, 2007
Location: Where there isn't a football team...just...Clowns!
Posts: 11,352
Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race's Girl
I was bullied at school so I know how you feel

I have too...I even get cyber-bullied today!

Recently...I posted something about the Cleveland Clowns loss and some ******* called me a dumb-ass!

I won't doubt that guy was at the 0-16 parade freezing...who's the dumbass now?
__________________
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #4
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 1,962
Default

Thank you both of you. Sadly this person is a relative who is always trying to rule my life. I don't seek out advice but they love to give it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #5
HuntingtonM15
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel
 
HuntingtonM15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 20, 2003
Location: MI
Posts: 10,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Thank you both of you. Sadly this person is a relative who is always trying to rule my life. I don't seek out advice but they love to give it.

That explains it. This sadly isn't shocking at all. It seems that sometimes relatives can be the most harsh bullies of all. They love to get in little snide attacks on FB when no one ever asked for their opinion. Just try to ignore it the best you can and move on knowing that you are making the best decisions for yourself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #6
IllinoisTVFan
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 22, 2011
Location: South of Chicago
Posts: 1,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
That explains it. This sadly isn't shocking at all. It seems that sometimes relatives can be the most harsh bullies of all. They love to get in little snide attacks on FB when no one ever asked for their opinion. Just try to ignore it the best you can and move on knowing that you are making the best decisions for yourself.

Yeah this one is famous for that. She's always giving advice that I didn't ask for or wanted.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
mets82
Senior Member
Member
 
mets82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 14, 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,543
Default

I'm sorry you have to go through that. What's that old saying "You can pick your friends, but not your family."
__________________
http://www.superbowlgreatness.blogspot.com/

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #8
JamesG
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 37,492
Default

If this happened on FB then why not block this person and be done with it? We don't need to keep toxic people in our lives whether they are family or not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #9
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 29,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
If this happened on FB then why not block this person and be done with it? We don't need to keep toxic people in our lives whether they are family or not.

Totally agree!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:33 PM   #10
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 29,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
I'm going to make this as vague as possible but recently someone bullied me. I am not happy with my current program in school and am talking about changing or going through it and going back to a former job. I realized this job isn't for me. Most people said things like "good for you". Anyway, one person decided to attack me by saying I am worthless, I can do no better, etc. It's someone I know. I explained that it makes no sense to continue in seeking a job in something I actively dislike and advancing my education in this, but they then went on a rant saying I think I'm so smart because I graduated college but I'm dumber than a high school graduate. This person then compared me to someone else who got hired at an employer because her brother is in management there. Of course she did. There's more to it but you get the idea. I don't get this at all, why would someone attack someone because they dislike a field they realized wasn't to their liking? isn't it better to realize this before you finish? Btw, I really want to go back to a former field and am working on doing so, which is why this was weird.

Very mean spirited. But you can't let her get you down!! A shame people have to be like this, but always keep in mind, this is her issue, others aren't sharing her view! Bullies really do lose out in the end!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:21 PM   #11
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2013
Posts: 4,456
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race's Girl
I was bullied at school so I know how you feel
I was teased alot also......... It was very sad


Im so sorry IllinoisTVFan
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:46 PM   #12
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 56,666
Default

I’ve been bullied and it sucks. It happened to me here as a newbie but Janice and T.J. put a stop to it really fast! Janice you are such a great lady, just do you know I KNOW!
__________________
Thank you SHOUT! & Antenna TV

xxoo You both Rock!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #13
KurtfromPitts
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Location: Carnegie PA
Posts: 1,048
Default

I myself spent a good part of my life being bullied in the various schools I attended and by one of my brothers. In some ways I can still feel some of the scars.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.