Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Endings links at Sitcoms Online / Happy Endings Photo Gallery

Happy Endings - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Endings - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Endings - The Complete Second Season

Buy Happy Endings - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Happy Endings - The Complete Third Season

Buy Happy Endings - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2010s Sitcoms > Happy Endings
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV Eliza Coupe Talks "Happy Endings" Reunion

Eliza Coupe Talks "Happy Endings" Revival
by Derek Lawrence
8/2/16

EW talked with Eliza Coupe about the upcoming "Happy Endings" cast reading at EWís Popfest and funding another season of the cult hit (not really).

It was recently announced that you and the rest of the "Happy Endings" cast are getting together at EWís Popfest to read a never-before-seen episode.

Yeah, I think everybody is trying to get that thing picked up on Netflix or Hulu or something; I donít know why it wouldnít. I mean, do I need to finance it? I got some money. I feel like I should.

I know Iíd really appreciate you doing that.

Alright, letís put it out there that Iím going to finance it, and then what weíll do is when everyone is like, ďOh, where is the money?Ē Iíll just be like, ďOh, we need to get financers.Ē

And then it will be well, weíre already in motion so somebody will jump in. No, that would never work, but letís put it out there.

I like that strategy.

Yeah, that Eliza Coupe is going to finance "Happy Endings" coming back, thatís a hilarious rumor.

What will it be like coming back for this one episode?

Oh my god. I think first of all, Iím excited for that. Iíve been dying to do Jane again. Itís funny: This is such actor dork talk, but Iíve grown so much as an actor since doing "Happy Endings" that itís almost like Iím so competitive with myself, but in a healthy way that itís like Iíd love to do the character now with the knowledge that Iíve learned as an actor just in the last four years since weíve been done.

I just think that it would be fun; there would be more depth, and I think everybody has grown, and everybody has gone on to do other stuff, but I think it would be so cool for us to all come back, jump into these characters again and see if itís different.

Plus, when we went and did the thing in New York, Vulture Fest, it was more like a love fest. We were all like so happy to see each other, it was like even more than when we were doing the show. It was such an amazing time.

We all had such a great time with each other, so I think that first of all, when we come back together and do this, I think itís going to be great and itís going to be so much fun, and then I think it would be amazing if we could keep going, even if it was just like a stupid little miniseries or movie. Why not?

Why do you think the show has endured as a cult favorite?

Because I think itís actually a really great show, and since ABC fóed it up and didnít do any sort of press for it and totally just buried the show. People found it, because you find good stuff no matter, and everyone is, ďWhat? How did I miss this?Ē

Itís like "Arrested Development"; I feel like people discovered that show after it was canceled. I know I did. And I think people are like, ďWait, what the fó?Ē ABC just completely screwed up, and I think thatís now being noticed and recognized. You canít deny a really good show and people are finding it, too, because I think it was ahead of its time.

I think now the jokes are still really relevant, I think the characters and the content are even weirdly more relevant now than when it was made, which I think is kind of cool.

And I feel like there have been so many shows trying to do what we did, and they failed, but yet networks got behind those shows and not ours, and I think people recognize that in a weird way.

No show has ever been able to squeeze so many jokes into 22 minutes.

I have a problem, I talk too fast on television now. Every thing I do, theyíre like, ďHey can you slow down?Ē Iím like, ďOh right, yeah, I donít have to fit in 65,000 jokes in under a minute.Ē

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/02...ndings-wrecked
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
TMC
Forum Veteran

‘Happy Endings’ Fans Get Their Wish For A ‘Special’ Reunion, But With A Catch