Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-21-2016, 11:48 AM   #16
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Tamron really ambushed Chiachi eh? Started out all nicey nice, then sneak attack. I don't follow Chiachi on Twitter, Instagram or whatever social media he's doing but when your a public figure sometimes you have to be politically correct or use caution. But she started throwing more cheap shots as the interview progressed. I guess if your going to talk politics publicly your gonna get zinged.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #17
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
Here's Scott Baio being interviewed by Tamron Hall after his convention speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z73V1pop4nY
well she was rough on him, but that comes with the territory; don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen.

I do think her plagiarism shot was tacky, but out of that she was just pointed. Regarding the c***nt image in the link, I had to confirm if that was the actual photo. It appears that what he tweeted had only the o blocked out. If so, then he clearly knew what he was doing and deserved the grilling he got.

But I'm no longer surprised by the ugliness surrounding Trump. Just disgusted and determined to do as much volunteer work as possible to prevent him from becoming president.

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 10-14-2016, 10:18 PM   #18
frankred
Frequent Poster

Two *********s. They would be perfect together two jokers.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #19
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!
well she was rough on him, but that comes with the territory; don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen.

That would be fine if liberals were treated the same way. But all the dopey liberal celebrities are treated like heroes.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 11-20-2016, 11:51 PM   #20
Bronson
Forum Regular

I thought Tamron did a wonderful job interviewing this racist has been actor.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #21
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
That would be fine if liberals were treated the same way. But all the dopey liberal celebrities are treated like heroes.

Just curious: do you have some specific people in mind?

But I do agree, anyone on the public eye, like a celeb, and regardless of their politics, should be held to an equal standard.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #22
Babalu

Quote:
Just curious: do you have some specific people in mind?

Funny you should ask. Here are the some of the just announced 2016 Presidential Medal of Freedom honorees:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - outspoken liberal

Ellen DeGeneres - outspoken liberal

Robert De Niro - outspoken liberal

Bill and Melinda Gates - outspoken liberals

Tom Hanks - outspoken liberal

Robert Redford - outspoken liberal

Bruce Springsteen - outspoken liberal

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-medal-freedom

What do you call an outspoken conservative in Hollywood? Unemployed.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:19 PM   #23
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Funny you should ask. Here are the some of the just announced 2016 Presidential Medal of Freedom honorees:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - outspoken liberal

Ellen DeGeneres - outspoken liberal

Robert De Niro - outspoken liberal

Bill and Melinda Gates - outspoken liberals

Tom Hanks - outspoken liberal

Robert Redford - outspoken liberal

Bruce Springsteen - outspoken liberal

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-medal-freedom

What do you call an outspoken conservative in Hollywood? Unemployed.

Thx for responding. I know I'm being tongue-in-cheek but LOL how could you leave out Barbra Streisand - perhaps the most outspoken liberal of all!

Not sure about your take on outspoken conservatives though. Jimmy Stewart, Bob Hope and Shirley Temple-Black were pretty open about being conservative, and it never seemed to hurt their fame. True, they've passed, but I think if you're talented, AND INTELLIGENT, like these three actors were, your viewpoint is respected without losing work.

Last edited by OH Nuts! : 11-21-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:59 AM   #24
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I'm just waiting to see which cabinet appointment Chachi gets rewarded with
Old 11-23-2016, 07:05 AM   #25
Babalu

Quote:
Thx for responding. I know I'm being tongue-in-cheek but LOL how could you leave out Barbra Streisand - perhaps the most outspoken liberal of all!

Not sure about your take on outspoken conservatives though. Jimmy Stewart, Bob Hope and Shirley Temple-Black were pretty open about being conservative, and it never seemed to hurt their fame. True, they've passed, but I think if you're talented, AND INTELLIGENT, like these three actors were, your viewpoint is respected without losing work.

I didn't mention Barbara Streisand because the list I gave you above were liberal celebrities that were given the Medal of Freedom this year alone! I didn't look it up but I'm sure she's been given in the past - probably by Bill Clinton. In fact there was a rumor she was fooling around with Clinton while he was president. All the others that were given the medal this year were liberals too. Just not as famous as the rest. And most of the others were black too. Funny how the media never complains when blacks are over represented instead of the other way around.

Yes, Jimmy Stewart et. al. were conservative but the peaks of the careers of all the people you mentioned were 70 years ago. No more. The only super successful outspoken conservative in Hollywood today is Clint Eastwood. Michael Moriarty and a couple of others made a point of stating their views publicly and have disappeared from public view. The really ironic thing is that to this day Hollywood celebrities bemoan the blacklist if the 1940's where suspected communists were barred from working. Today in Hollywood you have to be a communist or you're blacklisted.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #26
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
I didn't mention Barbara Streisand because the list I gave you above were liberal celebrities that were given the Medal of Freedom this year alone! I didn't look it up but I'm sure she's been given in the past - probably by Bill Clinton. In fact there was a rumor she was fooling around with Clinton while he was president. All the others that were given the medal this year were liberals too. Just not as famous as the rest. And most of the others were black too. Funny how the media never complains when blacks are over represented instead of the other way around.

Yes, Jimmy Stewart et. al. were conservative but the peaks of the careers of all the people you mentioned were 70 years ago. No more. The only super successful outspoken conservative in Hollywood today is Clint Eastwood. Michael Moriarty and a couple of others made a point of stating their views publicly and have disappeared from public view. The really ironic thing is that to this day Hollywood celebrities bemoan the blacklist if the 1940's where suspected communists were barred from working. Today in Hollywood you have to be a communist or you're blacklisted.

Thx for responding. Yeah, I know Barbra wasn't on this year's list, but I just had to mention her, cause when I think of a celeb liberal she's the first who comes to mind!

I know my list of consevatives was a tiny bit stale, but Shirley Temple was honored by her acting peers ra few years before she passed (2014) and she got waves of ovation-and you can be sure there was a huge spectrum of beliefs in the audience.

But I guess you're right. I googled Republican celebrities and quite a few current ones came up - but I've never really heard most of them be overly vocal.

Even though I'm sort of in the middle politically (liberal on social issues, conservative on the military, and think Goverment overreaching is proving to be a slippery slope) I relish hearing ALL views, when they are crafted intelligently, like yours.

Living in NYC, I'm also careful not to share any non-liberal views I have; I hate admitting it, but most liberals are liberal as long as you agree with them.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #27
Babalu

Quote:
Thx for responding. Yeah, I know Barbra wasn't on this year's list, but I just had to mention her, cause when I think of a celeb liberal she's the first who comes to mind!

I know my list of consevatives was a tiny bit stale, but Shirley Temple was honored by her acting peers ra few years before she passed (2014) and she got waves of ovation-and you can be sure there was a huge spectrum of beliefs in the audience.

But I guess you're right. I googled Republican celebrities and quite a few current ones came up - but I've never really heard most of them be overly vocal.

Even though I'm sort of in the middle politically (liberal on social issues, conservative on the military, and think Goverment overreaching is proving to be a slippery slope) I relish hearing ALL views, when they are crafted intelligently, like yours.

Living in NYC, I'm also careful not to share any non-liberal views I have; I hate admitting it, but most liberals are liberal as long as you agree with them.

Thank you for the compliment and thanks for having an open mind. Most people that lean left don't. I too grew up in the liberal bastion of NYC and as I tell people, the only Republican I knew growing up was Archie Bunker. And that's the absolute truth. It wasn't until I became an adult and heard other viewpoints that I changed. The way that I differ from you is that except when it comes to business contacts, I have no problem sharing my conservative views and backing them up with facts. Most liberals aren't swayed by facts because they make up their mind first and then make up the facts to go with their opinion.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:21 PM   #28
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

BUT........ Does Donald Love Chachi???

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...ad.php?t=73426
Old 11-24-2016, 01:12 AM   #29
mets82

Leave Chachi alone. Give the guy who starred in The Karate Kid movies some respect.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:36 AM   #30
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Chachi endorsing Trump is another reason why Joanie doesn't love Chachi anymore.