Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
LittleRickyII

Default Scott Baio Comments on Erin Moran's Death.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/erin...ys-1202393831/

Monday morning, the Harrison County Coroner’s Office and Sheriff’s Department issued a joint statement saying Moran passed due to complications with her stage 4 cancer. The statement added there were no illegal narcotics found at the scene, but Baio thinks her lifetime of drugs and alcohol abuse may have had something to do with her untimely death.

“I’m OK, a little shocked but not completely shocked that this happened. My thing is, I feel bad because her whole life, she was troubled, could never find what made her happy and content. For me, you do drugs or drink, you’re gonna die. I’m sorry if that’s cold, but God gave you a brain, gave you the will to live and thrive and you gotta take care of yourself.”

“I’m saddened by what happened. I don’t know if it was drugs that killed her, I read one report said it might have been and I hope it… I don’t know what I hope. It’s what it is. What can you do?”

“I knew Erin well, over the last many years I have not spoken with her. She was just an insecure human being and fell into this world of drugs and alcohol. Again, I don’t know if that’s what killed her, I’m sure it was a culmination of years and years of doing it that might have had something to do with it. She just never found her way.”

“How do you help somebody that doesn’t want to help themselves? You try a couple of times and if they don’t want the help, I gotta go, sorry.”

“I never did drugs. I never was interested in drugs, it never intrigued me. I had parents and a brother and sister who were straight arrows and my father, God rest his soul, said to me, ‘You do drugs, I’ll kill you.’ Aside from Erin, everybody on that show, as far as I know, I never saw drugs or alcohol. I just, there was no reason for me to do it. My parents set me right, that’s the best thing you could have.”

I'm guessing Scott Baio was never raped by a member of his family.

Having no idea what that might do to a person, I will not judge her.

Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:00 PM/8:00 PM Central on CBS
Old 04-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Yep, I love these people who encounter a tragedy in somebody else's life and yet can't stop talking about themselves. Totally narcissistic.

Also, he was wrong. She died of cancer. So does he go back and apologize for continually implying she died of drugs?

And where is his genuine feeling about losing a co-worker (and if I am not mistaken, lover at some point)? He never talks about Erin at all, except to say she was into drugs and lost her way. Never a second about how she made him feel or what impact she had on the world.

And as far as his comments about her "never finding her way", what was his way? Charles in Charge? I don't see him burning up the silver (or small) screen.

Sorry, this just totally puts me off this guy.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #3
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

With "friends" like Scott Baio, who needs enemies?
Old 04-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape

Old 04-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #5
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Scott Baio Responds to Criticism Over Comments on Erin Moran’s Death
by Denise Petski
April 24, 2017

Scott Baio’s comments earlier today on a WABC radio show about the death of his former "Happy Days" and "Joanie Loves Chachi" co-star Erin Moran sparked a sharp reaction on Twitter, and Baio has responded.

His comments were made before coroner and sheriff’s officials announced her death was the result of complications from Stage 4 cancer. When asked if he regretted his comments, he responded, “I said IF.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/scott-ba...sm-1202076615/
Old 04-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
Anna Karenina
Arthur Spooner Lover

I generally like Scott Baio but in regard to his ungracious comments about the late Erin Moran both before and after her death, I definitely need to say that he needs to sit on it.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #7
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Scott Baio Responds to Criticism Over Comments on Erin Moran’s Death
by Denise Petski
April 24, 2017

Scott Baio’s comments earlier today on a WABC radio show about the death of his former "Happy Days" and "Joanie Loves Chachi" co-star Erin Moran sparked a sharp reaction on Twitter, and Baio has responded.

His comments were made before coroner and sheriff’s officials announced her death was the result of complications from Stage 4 cancer. When asked if he regretted his comments, he responded, “I said IF.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/scott-ba...sm-1202076615/

Yep, that makes it all better.

Still no expression of hurt or affection for Erin, you notice. He needs to stop by the compassion store; I think his tank is running pretty low.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #8
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

He sounds like he's been hanging around Trump too much.

Well, any at all is too much, but you catch my drift.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #9
GeorgiaSenator
Occasional Poster

People really need to stop judging Scott Baio......I bet Erin wishes she had not gotten mixed up with illegal drugs and alcohol....To those that do judge Baio, I say to them...judge not...lest you be judged!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 08:42 PM   #10
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaSenator
People really need to stop judging Scott Baio......I bet Erin wishes she had not gotten mixed up with illegal drugs and alcohol....To those that do judge Baio, I say to them...judge not...lest you be judged!!!

Would you give the same advice to Scott Baio, whose comments were dripping with judgement against someone he should have felt compassion for? Or to yourself, for your comments about what Erin did in her life, or how she should feel about it?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #11
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
Would you give the same advice to Scott Baio, whose comments were dripping with judgement against someone he should have felt compassion for? Or to yourself, for your comments about what Erin did in her life, or how she should feel about it?

Exactamundo. And I'll repeat what I wrote earlier: I'm guessing that Scott Baio was never raped by a member of his family. He talks about what a great family he has, that they all stayed away from drugs. By referencing his own family, he seems to understand the importance of family. And he obviously has a family he can turn to. It's very possible Erin didn't have that for herself. We don't know everything that happened in Erin's life and with her family, but I'm guessing having been raped by one of them, there was some serious psychological damage done to her from the trauma of that event that never healed. And perhaps she felt she lost that family connection that we all need (like Mackenzie Phillips). Who knows? How can any of us judge someone in those tragic circumstances? And before someone jumps on me, no, I did not see her raped. But I saw real tears in her eyes and real pain on her face when she revealed that. That was no act. I believe her.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:29 PM   #12
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Jeez what a cold statement to make right after a friend and former co worker has just passed away!! Wow, what a jerk!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:35 PM   #13
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM77
He sounds like he's been hanging around Trump too much.

Well, any at all is too much, but you catch my drift.

I was going to say something on this earlier after the first few posts, but I thought I'd wait until it was more obvious.

This is the real hatred here for Scott Baio, not what he said about Erin Moran.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 04-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #14
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
This is the real hatred here for Scott Baio, not what he said about Erin Moran.

Nope, it's about the things he says, and repeats, that lack empathy. I don't get that he cannot understand that rape can bring serious trauma that can be with a person for life and lead them to bad places. She needed kindness in her life, not constant scorn from tabloids, and certainly not from those closest to her.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:58 AM   #15
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetgrape

I agree, his comment about her death was insensitive