Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-15-2016, 04:52 AM   #1
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default Reboots of 'Happy Days' & 'Laverne & Shirley' are 'very possible' says Garry Marshall

http://metv.com/stories/reboots-of-h...-very-possible

Quote:
Happy Days are here again, and we're not talking about the famous tune. That's right, the classic '70s sitcom, along with its equally popular spinoff Laverne & Shirley, might be headed for a comeback.

In a recent interview, the shows' creator Garry Marshall announced there have been talks to bring the shows back to television.

"It's very possible that Laverne & Shirley or Happy Days will be back," the director revealed to RadioTimes.com. "[The studio talks] about it... and they may do it because they talk to me about everything.

Although Marshall says he's eager to see revivals for his two biggest hits, he doesn't think Mork & Mindy should receive the same treatment.

"Nobody is ever going to be Robin Williams," said the director. "That was a very special show, and a very special man."

If the shows were revived, it wouldn't be the first time one of Marshall's projects has been given new life. Last year, a reboot of the 1970s TV series The Odd Couple (which was based on the 1968 film based on the 1965 Broadway play) premiered as a midseason replacement. Last month, the network renewed it for a third season.

As to who would replace Henry Winkler as the Fonz, Marshall has an idea for whom he would want to cast: a completely unknown actor.

"You have to be open," the director said. "When I was looking for the original Fonz I was looking for a tall Italian guy on the streets of New York and I got a short Jewish guy from Yale."

The biggest question is whether the Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley reboots would still be set in the 1950s. If both shows premiered today and followed the same time gap, they would take place around 1997. That's something we probably don't want to see.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #2
Dennman
Frequent Poster

Happy Days set in 1997? A Fonz that smacks the jukebox to hear The Spice Girls probably won't have the same impact as one who smacks the jukebox for Fats Domino.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
Chocolate Moose

Dunno.

I'm surprised The Odd Couple is as good as it is, though.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:05 PM   #4
Will Dockery
Forum Regular
Shadowville All-Stars

No, seems it would have to be 1950s... but hopefully they'd go for some real accuracy this time around. The 1970s hair styles and such on the original HD cast was a bit outlandish.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #5
Alan Brady's Hair

But who's going to reboot Garry Marshall?
Old 08-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #6
Dennman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Dockery
No, seems it would have to be 1950s... but hopefully they'd go for some real accuracy this time around. The 1970s hair styles and such on the original HD cast was a bit outlandish.

I'd think as far as accuracy goes now would be the time to do a show set in the 50s. A lot of current men's haircuts would be perfectly appropriate for that era. One of my pet peeves about 90% of the period pieces shot in the 1970s is that lack of attention to detail. The first season of Happy Days was close except no one had a tapered neckline, not even Richie. The Fonz gets away with it because he specifically was going for the D.A. But Richie's should have been tapered like Wally Cleaver's, or even Opie's. Howard most definitely should have had his tapered as well, like Andy Taylor's, Ward Cleaver's, Ozzie Nelson's, etc etc. I guess it wasn't an important detail at the time as clippers were more and more replaced with scissor cuts.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:28 PM   #7
Babalu

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 08-16-2016, 06:39 AM   #8
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Default 'Happy Days' Reboot: 10 Actors Who Will Make Fans Say 'Ayyyyyy'

I read this article about Happy days reboots too!

'Happy Days' Reboot: 10 Actors Who Will Make Fans Say 'Ayyyyyy'
http://living.alot.com/entertainment...&camp_id=13549

1. Zachary Gordon (Charles "Chachi" Arcola)
The star of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid films is a great choice to play Fonzie's cute cousin that tries to woo Joanie. Zachary Gordon possesses the same type of charm that the original actor brought to the table, a must have for this role.

2. Gedde Watanabe (Arnold)
The owner of Arnold's Drive-In wasn't really named Arnold. He bought the drive-in and kept the name, rather than change it to his real Japanese name. He liked to pop in on occasion and contribute to the antics, much like Gedde Watanabe did in the 80s classic movie, Sixteen Candles. After his hilarious portrayal of houseguest Long Duck Dong, he is more than prepared to tackle this role.

3. Bryce Dallas Howard (Pinky Tuscadero)
Happy Days fans will understand this nod to the original series. Richie's real-life daughter would be great as the red-headed racecar driving beauty who steals Fonzie's heart. With roles in The Help, Jurassic World, and a host of other movies, Bryce Dallas Howard has proved that she can play almost any role. Plus, shes absolutely gorgeous!

4. Mike O'Malley (Howard Cunningham)
After portraying Kurt Hummel's dad on Glee, Mike O'Malley is ready to take on the firm but understanding Howard Cunningham. Both dads, though it might not initially seem that way, always have the best interest of their children in mind.

5. Lisa Kudrow (Marian Cunningham)
Like Lisa Kudrow's character Phoebe on Friends, Marian is ditzy but has a heart of gold. Kudrow has definitely graduated from a friend to a mom, so she is a perfect fit for this flighty and nave character.

6. Brianna Hildebrand (Joanie Cunningham)
Joanie was the ultimate annoying little sister. Who better to reek havoc on Richie than Briana Hildebrand. Her breakout role as Negasonic Teenage Warhead in Deadpool proves that she has the attitude to portray sassy Joanie.

7. Michael Cera (Ralph Malph)
Ralph is something of an amateur comedian and always has a joke or gag for the group. Michael Cera's experience in movies like Juno and Superbad more than qualify him for the role of Ralph.

8. Graham Phillips (Warren "Potsie" Weber)
Best known as Alicia's super-smart and endearing son on The Good Wife, Graham Phillips would make a great Potsie. Phillips is also an accomplished singer, a must if he wants to woo Happy Days fans.

9. Lucas Till (Richie Cunningham)
Fans feel like they grew up with Ron Howard, so his reboot equivalent has big shoes to fill. Lucas Till of X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Apocalypse has the clean cut looks to portray Richie, the ultimate boy next door. Plus, he's certainly "Opie enough" to satisfy fans of Ron Howard.

10. Skylar Astin (Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli)
After being part of the over-the-top ensembles of Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2 , Skylar Astin is destined to break out as a leading man (just like Henry Winkler became a break-out star after beginning in a supporting role on Happy Days). Astin is also a New Yorker like Winkler, making him all the more perfect for this role.

Read http://living.alot.com/entertainment...&camp_id=13549 for more!

Last edited by antman67 : 08-16-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #9
Race's Girl
Forum Veteran
Miss Tremendous

Send a message via MSN to Race's Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Race's Girl

I'll see a Happy Days reboot if Flip and KC don't appear in it
Old 08-22-2016, 03:36 AM   #10
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race's Girl
I don't think you'll have to worry about that. LOL!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:02 AM   #11
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraj
If you asked most people on the street to just confirm if there EVEN was a character named Flip or KC on the show, they would say "Who?"
Only Long time die hard fans who watched the show up until the very end would know who they are. When people think of Happy Days they think of the core 4, Richi9e, Fonz, Potsie, Ralph, then Mr. and Mrs. C, Joanie, Arnold, Al, Chiachi, sometimes Pinky. Most are not going to rattle off the later replacements, addons, walkons and cups of coffee.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:40 AM   #12
Race's Girl
Forum Veteran
Miss Tremendous

Send a message via MSN to Race's Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Race's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraj

Thanks, dude
Old 08-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #13
antman67
Forum Regular
The Fonz

Quote:
Thanks, dude
Anyone here ever see the musical? I don't believe Flip or KC in it, so you are safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heQ5C39WkNM
https://www.facebook.com/HappyDaysANewMusical/
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/ny...tsct.html?_r=0
IF I had to guess it appears to be some type of Fonz-Pinky Grease sort of live show.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #14
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Thanks, dude
Welcome.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #15
faraj
Forum Regular

Though I like KC. She's so cute.