Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Diff'rent Strokes Online / Diff'rent Strokes links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Dana Plato Yahoo Group / Diff'rent Strokes Photo Gallery

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete First Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete First Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Second Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Third Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Diff'rent Strokes
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-08-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

Default So sad we'll never get a reunion or continuation series

The reunion should have happened when they did The Facts Of Life Reunion around the early 2000s.

I don't think Dana Plato's death would have affected it. They could have re-cast Kimberly or had her away over seas living somewhere.

I think that would have been the best time to do the reunion. It's too late now, as Gary died several years ago and Conrad passed away recently. I think had they still been around, maybe a revival could have worked, with or without a new Kimberly.

Had they made a reunion in the early 2000s I think it should have been showing Willis and his new family. By this time, I'm guessing Willis got married. Maybe Arnold would have been married as well. Mr. D. would have retired from whatever work he did. Sam and Maggie would have also been there for filler. Pearl might have also still been around. I would think she would have left the Drummond's at least sometime in the 1990s. No housekeeper stayed forever.

www.MarkSinacori.com
Check out my website!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3254521/?nmdp=1&
Check out my IMDB page!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My public facebook! Please like it!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My twitter page! Please follow me!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #2
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Gary never would have agreed to a reunion. He hated being reminded of the show by the 2000's. Also no way could they recast Kimberly.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:33 PM   #3
Babalu

I think it's sad the two of them are dead and the worst one is still around.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 06-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #4
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television
Gary never would have agreed to a reunion. He hated being reminded of the show by the 2000's.

Maybe that was karma for becoming such a jerk on the set in the later years and blackballing Todd Bridges from getting any more acting work (I just read Todd's book recently---very interesting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
I think it's sad the two of them are dead and the worst one is still around.

He's not the worst; he got addicted to drugs (like Dana) and made mistakes which he has tried to make up for. He's cleaned up his life now.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
king of comedy

It is a shame.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:23 AM   #6
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildchats
The reunion should have happened when they did The Facts Of Life Reunion around the early 2000s.

I don't think Dana Plato's death would have affected it. They could have re-cast Kimberly or had her away over seas living somewhere.

I think that would have been the best time to do the reunion. It's too late now, as Gary died several years ago and Conrad passed away recently. I think had they still been around, maybe a revival could have worked, with or without a new Kimberly.

Had they made a reunion in the early 2000s I think it should have been showing Willis and his new family. By this time, I'm guessing Willis got married. Maybe Arnold would have been married as well. Mr. D. would have retired from whatever work he did. Sam and Maggie would have also been there for filler. Pearl might have also still been around. I would think she would have left the Drummond's at least sometime in the 1990s. No housekeeper stayed forever.

Wildchats, you have more IMDb credits than I do. I'm at 50 about now. I'm working the NewYork area.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:38 AM   #7
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

Hahahah! Thomas, I think you go way back to 2001 or whenever these boards came out, right?

I remember doing crappy fanfic for Gimme A Break! which is STILL on that website and written when I was Junior in high school or senior back in 1999. Way before college. Way before I learned how to script write. Way before I learned how to screenwrite. Way before I got into 4 year college and then got that interview at UCLA in 2005 for the MFA in screenwriting.

I've been out here in LA since then, still trying to get even a simple PA job which goes to those people that the crew know. All I can say is when Melrose Place came back, they passed me by as a PA and being there I could have helped that show so much right so many of the wrongs, even just giving advice of how I knew that show. No crew knew the original, it was all connect job based.

But living here I've gotten to work so many shows, some I never thought I'd work on like the revivals of shows and on shows I loved watching growing up like The Price is Right and America's Funniest Videos and also the sitcoms that made revivals and also Desperate Housewives which was on before I moved here to LA. I even got so much work at Grey's Anatomy, and that show came out just before I interviewed for grad school in 2005, I think...and it's still on after all these years!

There would be more, had I done any student films or short films in October 2005-August of 2007. I didn't do any, just hundreds of you tube postings that got me nowhere, sadly

Also, I didn't get into extra work until early 2007 and didn't get any until that fall and it was rare, and then in 2008 I didn't do any and then in 2009 I got back into it that fall and did that at times into 2012 a lot until I became union and now work is hard to get. However, had I been featured and worked more between 2005-present day there would be more.

Plus more had I gotten PA jobs. I'm still pushing for that, even if I know I can be more than that... with the right connects I could get my work out to people.