Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #1
Carguy
Occasional Poster

Default Instrumental song that appeared on early Happy Days (please identify!)

Hey
I'm glad that I stumbled across this website. I really need your help with identifying a song that appeared on the early episodes of Happy Days. For YEARS I've been trying to find out who did the song without any luck.

I think this song first made it's appearance in season 2. It's a slow instrumental that is often played throughout the series in a style similar to the Ventures (I'm almost certain it's not the Ventures).

There's a couple episodes that I know it appeared in. The DVDs don't have the song but it did appear when the show was originally shown on TV.

-Ritchie moves into Chuck's apartment: Ritchie and his girlfriend are on the couch and about to make out when they keep getting interupted. It's at this scene when the song starts playing

-Fonzie joins the band: Fonzie decides to join Ritchie's band and they play for Howard's leopard lodge. Fonzie does a bongo solo for some chick he likes. After he gets the girl and leaves the band, they start playing the instrumental. This is just before Ritchie is challenged to a fight.

I would really appreciate any info you guys could provide about this. It's been driving me insane trying to figure out who did the song.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #2
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy
Hey
I'm glad that I stumbled across this website. I really need your help with identifying a song that appeared on the early episodes of Happy Days. For YEARS I've been trying to find out who did the song without any luck.

I think this song first made it's appearance in season 2. It's a slow instrumental that is often played throughout the series in a style similar to the Ventures (I'm almost certain it's not the Ventures).

There's a couple episodes that I know it appeared in. The DVDs don't have the song but it did appear when the show was originally shown on TV.

-Ritchie moves into Chuck's apartment: Ritchie and his girlfriend are on the couch and about to make out when they keep getting interupted. It's at this scene when the song starts playing

-Fonzie joins the band: Fonzie decides to join Ritchie's band and they play for Howard's leopard lodge. Fonzie does a bongo solo for some chick he likes. After he gets the girl and leaves the band, they start playing the instrumental. This is just before Ritchie is challenged to a fight.

I would really appreciate any info you guys could provide about this. It's been driving me insane trying to figure out who did the song.

Thanks!
I think they just made up those instrumental tunes for that show although I also heard that song in a couple of Laverne and Shirley eps. where they probably used them. Possibly for legal reasons. And lots more tunes like that in the DVD versions as well. So we can just relax, safely assume all that above, and leave it at that. Nothing to get all worked up about.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
pkripper001
Forum Regular

What are all the eps of Laverne and Shirley that contain that song ?
Columbia House released about 10 VHS featuring select episodes.These were released in the 90's.I was thinking the song may be on one of those.I do not know any retail VHS of Happy Days being released.First step for me is to be able to hear what the songs sounds like you are asking about,since I do not recall the song from when it aired on TV.
Is this song still aired on TV in reruns ?
Old 01-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
Carguy
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkripper001
Columbia House released about 10 VHS featuring select episodes.These were released in the 90's.I was thinking the song may be on one of those.I do not know any retail VHS of Happy Days being released.First step for me is to be able to hear what the songs sounds like you are asking about,since I do not recall the song from when it aired on TV.

Yes, the song still does appear in reruns. The most recent episode that I watched that it appeared on was the episode when Fonzie decides to join Ritchie's band to play bongos for the purpose of meeting a chick. The song begins to play just after his bongo solo.

The other episode that I remember hearing this song was when Ritchie moves into Chuck's apartment and is trying to make out with his girl. In the original episode the song did appear but has been replaced in reruns for whatever reason.

Do you have an e-mail address?. A friend had somehow obtained a short clip of the song and I could send it to you.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #5
Carguy
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraj
I think they just made up those instrumental tunes for that show although I also heard that song in a couple of Laverne and Shirley eps. where they probably used them. Possibly for legal reasons. And lots more tunes like that in the DVD versions as well. So we can just relax, safely assume all that above, and leave it at that. Nothing to get all worked up about.

Um Okay thanks.... but who's getting worked up?

Whether it's an instrumental that was made for the show or a song that actually existed may never be known. Either way, it's a really awesome tune.

I've heard it used in many of the reruns that are still currently on TV. But there's only been one episode where it's been replaced. That's the one when Ritchie moves into Chuck's apartment. Can't find it on any of the Youtube videos either.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy
Um Okay thanks.... but who's getting worked up?

Whether it's an instrumental that was made for the show or a song that actually existed may never be known. Either way, it's a really awesome tune.

I've heard it used in many of the reruns that are still currently on TV. But there's only been one episode where it's been replaced. That's the one when Ritchie moves into Chuck's apartment. Can't find it on any of the Youtube videos either.
Well, you were the one who said it was driving you insane, which I'm not blaming you for, which is why I got the impression that you were getting worked up. So that was what I was referring to.

Last edited by faraj : 02-01-2017 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #7
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkripper001
Some Enchanted Evening where Laverne, who lost her mother's earrings, was dancing with Frank late in that ep. before it ended, and Love Is The Tar Pits in that party scene in the girls' apartment where Squiggy blew up. He was jealous of Lenny's new girlfriend. Both of them are the Burbank, CA eps, and they aren't included in the 40 eps. in the Columbia House VHS tapes.