Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #31
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
The puncher got suspended 8 games

Jerk should have gotten a longer suspension, 8 games is nothing.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:43 PM   #32
retroTVfan4ever

I would like to see the Astros moved back to the NL, and the Brewers moved back to the AL. Put the Astros in the NL Central, the Brewers in the AL Central, and move the Twins to the AL West.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #33
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
Both players are a-holes, I hate both of them.

What do you mean both? Jose Bautista rules!

That's for you, Texas, and your stinkin' team!

Before the series, the Rangers were flapping their gums (the entire team has 4 teeth between them) about getting back at Bautista after his bat flip in the playoffs. In the first game, Texas won easily and nothing happened. It was in the second game (the 7th and final matchup of the season!) when all hell broke loose. Bautista was sliding hard into 2nd base to break up a double play---which all good baseball players are supposed to do---and Odor saw him coming so as he threw the ball toward first, he deliberately and gutlessly aimed the ball toward Bautista's head and that got both men riled up which led to "The Punch". In true Texas frontier fashion, the good guys won the game in the end and the next one as well. Somewhere along the line, the Rangers will pay and pay dearly for that punch, mark my words! It had a very distinctive Odor to it. 8 games was not long enough. I would have given him 80 games and a large slap in the mouth---with my bat!

Canada's Coach defends Bautista:

Don Cherry: Rangers have no guts
Old 05-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #34
retroTVfan4ever

^ Nope, Bautista is an arrogant a-hole. And thanks for posting the pic with the bat flip, see that arrogant look on his ugly mug. It proves my point perfectly.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #35
Nordy
Gilmore Guy and Proud of it!!

Quote:
I would like to see the Astros moved back to the NL, and the Brewers moved back to the AL. Put the Astros in the NL Central, the Brewers in the AL Central, and move the Twins to the AL West.

Ok I understand the Astros and Brewers. However the Twins back in the AL West?? I never did get that the White Sox and Twins were in AL West and the Cubs played in the NL East.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #36
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordy
Ok I understand the Astros and Brewers. However the Twins back in the AL West?? I never did get that the White Sox and Twins were in AL West and the Cubs played in the NL East.

Putting the Brewers back in the AL Central would have six teams in that division. Putting the Astros back in the NL Central would leave the AL West short a team with four teams. So one of the AL Central teams would have to be relocated to the AL West. I think the Twins would be the best choice. The Royals could also be switched to the AL West but I'd rather it be the Twins.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #37
Nordy

I vote the White Sox move. Oh wait your talking divisions. haha. MLB probably wouldn't want teams to move divisions unless they are talking expansion again.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:27 PM   #38
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Yankees vs. A's, four game series in Oakland starting on Thursday. Yanks will be seeking revenge because the A's swept em in New York recently.

Yankees sweep 4 game series. Typical New Yorkers...
Old 05-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #39
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
Yankees sweep 4 game series. Typical New Yorkers...

I was waiting for you to say something. Yep, typical New Yorkers is right. I saw it coming, I knew the A's would get rolled in this series. I was holding out some hope they would win a game, but not surprised at all with the sweep. Yanks are not a great team these days, but the A's are so bad that they make mediocre teams look like champions. A's are just a sucky team right now, can't pitch and can't hit. They have several players on the DL, but even if healthy I think the team would still suck. They lack talent, there is no winning attitude and the owner is a cheapskate. Bob Melvin is a lousy manager too. They'll play good for a few games and win a few, but it doesn't last long and they go right back to their losing ways again. They play better on the road than they do at home, for some weird reason. Looking at last years team and this years team, the only A's teams that were worse was the 1979 team, 1982 team and the 1997 team. OK, end of sermon.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever : 05-22-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:38 PM   #40
Nordy

So how is the former Cub that every Cub fan is watching that plays for the Yankees Starlin Castro??
Old 05-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #41
opus
VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordy
So how is the former Cub that every Cub fan is watching that plays for the Yankees Starlin Castro??

He's not doing too bad. Here are his current numbers:

G-42

AB-163

R-13

H-45

2B-9

3B-1

HR-5

RBI-18

He almost made a key error yesterday, but they pitched around it.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:16 PM   #42
opus
VB

Quote:
Yanks are not a great team these days, but the A's are so bad that they make mediocre teams look like champions.

True that at .500 the Yankees are mediocre, but they were recently 8 games under, so at least they're on the hot side of mediocrity.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:36 PM   #43
Sal

Quote:
^ Nope, Bautista is an arrogant a-hole. And thanks for posting the pic with the bat flip, see that arrogant look on his ugly mug. It proves my point perfectly.

Well that shows how little you know about baseball. Try watching some Naruto cartoons. That might be more your speed.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #44
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal
Well that shows how little you know about baseball. Try watching some Naruto cartoons. That might be more your speed.

What's the matter, did I rattle your cage because you're a Blue Jays fan? I am knowledgeable about baseball, I graduated from the cartoon class a long time ago. Cartoons are your level, not mine.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #45
Sal

Quote:
What's the matter, did I rattle your cage because you're a Blue Jays fan? I am knowledgeable about baseball, I graduated from the cartoon class a long time ago. Cartoons are your level, not mine.

Try proving it for once! You haven't convinced me yet.

I have watched baseball since the early 70s when the Expos were Canada's team before the Blue Jays existed and I know great teams and great hitters when I see them and I know that Bautista-Donaldson (MVP 2015)-Encarnacion form one of the most dangerous trios in all of baseball today. The Jays have won 10 of their last 12, heating up against tougher opponents after a slow start to the season, and I predict they will take the Red Sox 2 of 3 games this weekend. (I'll give Boston a win when David Price starts.) Remember where you saw this first.