Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Sports
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #286
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Icon15 Indians win 15 games in a row!

Quote:
Cleveland Indians win record-setting 15th straight with 11-2 thumping of Chicago White Sox

Updated on September 8, 2017 at 10:48 AM Posted on September 7, 2017 at 11:12 PM

CHICAGO - Do the Indians really have to go home? They've had so much fun on the road. Can't they live out of their suitcases for a couple of more days?

Thursday night the Indians beat the White Sox, 11-2, for a franchise record 15 straight wins. The last 11 of those victories came on the road. Those 11 wins include sweeps of the Yankees (three games), Tigers (four games) and White Sox (four games).

As for as roadies go, according to Elias Sports Bureau, it's just the fifth time in history that a team has gone undefeated on a trip of 11 or more games. The 1953 Yankees had a 14-0 trip.

Think about this for a minute. The Indians won their 14th straight game on Wednesday night and who did they have going for No.15 on Thursday night? Just one of the best pitchers in baseball - Corey Kluber.

How well do you think manager Terry Francona slept Wednesday night?

Kluber (15-4, 2.56) allowed two homers in the first inning before sticking it into overdrive. After Jose Abreu's homer cut the Tribe's 4-0 lead in half with one out in the first, Kluber retired 20 of the last 22 batters he faced.

In seven innings, Kluber allowed two runs on three hits. He struck out 13 and walked one. It was Kluber's 14th game with 10 or more strikeouts this season. Boston's Chris Sale, who has 17 such games, is the only pitcher in the big leagues with more.

The 14 double-digit strikeout games are the second most by an Indians pitcher in one season. Sudden Sam McDowell had 17 in 1965.

As for what changed after the first inning, Kluber said, "We just adjusted to their approach. It felt like they were swinging at every pitch that looked like a fastball hoping to run into one. We went to more off speed and it took them a while to make the adjustment."

If a team wins 15 straight games, they're not only talented, but lucky. And sometimes they're fortunate.

The Indians were fortunate Thursday when scheduled starter Carlos Rodon came down with a stiff shoulder and was scratched just before game time. The White Sox were forced to start veteran Mike Pelfrey, who had pitched 2 1/3 innings on Tuesday night. Rodon, on the other hand, is 4-1 with a 2.34 ERA in his career against the Tribe.

"We saw him a couple of days ago so we knew what he threw," said shortstop Francisco Lindor.

The late pitching changed caused some chaos in the Tribe locker room as Bradley Zimmer replaced Greg Allen in center field and Lonnie Chisenhall replaced Brandon Guyer in right. Chisenhall, for instance, was on the bench drinking coffee when he found out he was starting. Zimmer, meanwhile, was sitting at a clubhouse table eating when he got the word. And bench coach Brad Mills, the keeper in the lineup card, had packed the printed for the trip back to Cleveland.

"I found out about two minutes before game time," said Zimmer. "I was just trying to digest. I had to get ready."

The unease did not last long as the Indians hit for the cycle in the first inning to take a 4-0 lead. Lindor opened with a triple and scored on Austin Jackson's double. After Yandy Diaz walked, Edwin Encarnacion hit a line drive homer over the left field fence to make it 4-0.

It was Encarnacion's 33rd homer of the season.

The cycle completing single belonged to Chisenhall, who looked none the worse for his short-notice start.

Things looked so bad for Pelfrey (3-11, 5.51) and the White Sox that catcher Rob Brantly was warming in the second inning. That fact that he didn't take the mound until the ninth inning was a moral victory for the White Sox.

The Indians finished the game with five homers among their 16 hits. Lindor, who fell a double short of the cycle, Allen and Erik Gonzalez joined Encarnaction with homers. It was Allen's first homer in the big leagues and it was Gonzalez's first two-homer game.

Gonzalez's second homer came against Brantly in the ninth. He had no intention of giving it back because it came off a catcher.

As for why the Indians just finished an 11-0 trip and are 48-27 on the road, Gonzalez said, "It's because we attack right away. We score early."

Gonzalez has been paying attention. The Indians ouscored the opposition in the first three innings on on this 11-game trip, 32-10.

What it means

The Indians have won 19 of their last 21 road games. During the 15-game winning streak, they've outscored the opposition, 109-28

The pitches

Kluber threw 96 pitchers, 67 (70 percent) for strikes. Pelfrey threw 96 pitches, 56 (58 percent) for strikes.

Ouch

Diaz left the game in the sixth inning after getting hit by a pitch in the sixth inning. Giovanny Urshela replaced him first as a pinch-runner and then at third base.

Thanks for coming

The Indians and White Sox drew 17,019 fans to Guaranteed Rate Field on Thursday night. First pitch was at 8:10 p.m. with a temperature of 66 degrees.

The four-game series drew 59,621.

Next

The Indians open a three-game series this weekend against the Orioles at Progressive Field. Right-hander Mike Clevinger (8-5, 3.50) will open the series against the Orioles. The Orioles will counter with left-hander Wade Miley (8-11, 4.91) in the 7:10 p.m. start. SportsTime Ohio, WTAM and WMMS will carry the game.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 09-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #287
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

That's great! The Detroit Tigers management have traded our best players. J D Martinez , Justin Verlander and Justin Upton. I(and the fans) are so bummed out ! My beloved Tigers have fallen so far behind. I just don't understand . It's probably that they don't want to pay those high salaries anymore. Well, you have to spend money to make money! They are rebuilding the team with younger players who look promising.
As for the Indians. I'm behind them and I hope they can make it to the World Series. Go Indians!
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #288
retroTVfan4ever

Dodgers have an 11 game losing streak and Cleveland has a 19 game winning streak. Interesting. Anything can happen in the playoffs, including a rematch of last years WS Cleveland vs. Cubs, although the Cubs have scuffled a bit this year and their record isn't as good as last year.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 PM   #289
retroTVfan4ever

The A's finished with 75 wins, that's a 6 win improvement from last year so maybe they can take it a step further next year and be in the chase for a playoff spot.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #290
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
Dodgers have an 11 game losing streak and Cleveland has a 19 game winning streak. Interesting. Anything can happen in the playoffs, including a rematch of last years WS Cleveland vs. Cubs, although the Cubs have scuffled a bit this year and their record isn't as good as last year.

I do want to see the Indians and Nationals in the WS.

I think the Yankees may be a team to beat...Go Tribe!
Old 10-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #291
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Old 10-09-2017, 10:12 PM   #292
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

I now lost hope with my Cleveland Indians...they won't win it all...
Old 10-09-2017, 10:59 PM   #293
opus
VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
I now lost hope with my Cleveland Indians...they won't win it all...

The starting pitcher matchup and home field favor the Indians on Wednesday, but hopefully you're right.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #294
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
The starting pitcher matchup and home field favor the Indians on Wednesday, but hopefully you're right.

To think... the Cleveland Indians played on Columbus Day!
Old 10-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #295
retroTVfan4ever

When the Cubs were scuffling during the seasons first half and struggling to play .500 ball, I figured that they would step on the gas in the 2nd half and end up with about 90 wins. They won 92 games, so I was pretty much on track.

If the NLCS comes down to Cubs vs. Dodgers, I think the Cubs have a good chance to win that series, it doesn't matter that the Dodgers won 104 games and the Cubs won 92. The Cubs have the type of team that all they have to do is qualify for the playoffs, the number of wins doesn't matter, now that it's the post season they'll be very dangerous.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #296
opus
VB

Quote:
When the Cubs were scuffling during the seasons first half and struggling to play .500 ball, I figured that they would step on the gas in the 2nd half and end up with about 90 wins. They won 92 games, so I was pretty much on track.

If the NLCS comes down to Cubs vs. Dodgers, I think the Cubs have a good chance to win that series, it doesn't matter that the Dodgers won 104 games and the Cubs won 92. The Cubs have the type of team that all they have to do is qualify for the playoffs, the number of wins doesn't matter, now that it's the post season they'll be very dangerous.

I think it was pretty obvious the Cubs were going to be hungover the first half of the season. But when no one ran away with the division by the All Star break they were in good shape.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #297
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
I think it was pretty obvious the Cubs were going to be hungover the first half of the season. But when no one ran away with the division by the All Star break they were in good shape.

This is true. The Cubs first half doldrums didn't really hurt them because their division was fairly weak this year and none of the other teams were playing that well either. Milwaukee was leading the division for awhile but I knew that wasn't going to last.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:47 PM   #298
retroTVfan4ever

Well the Cubs weren't so dangerous today, getting shutout at home. On to Washington now for the deciding game. Should be interesting, will see what happens.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:30 PM   #299
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

The Cleveland Idiots Lost!

Cleveland will NEVER Win the World Series! Never, Never, Never,...

Last edited by MrCleveland : 10-12-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:28 AM   #300
opus
VB

Quote:
Well the Cubs weren't so dangerous today, getting shutout at home. On to Washington now for the deciding game. Should be interesting, will see what happens.

Don't see a favorite in a Game 5...