Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Home Improvement links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Home Improvement Photo Gallery

Home Improvement - The Complete First Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete First Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Second Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Third Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Home Improvement - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Home Improvement - The 20th Anniversary Complete Collection

Buy Home Improvement - The 20th Anniversary Complete Collection on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Home Improvement
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV "Home Improvement's" Patricia Richardson Answers Fans' Questions on Reddit AMA

"Home Improvement's" Patricia Richardson Drops Jonathan Taylor Thomas Dish in Nostalgic Reddit AMA
by Dominique Haikel
Feb 26, 2016

There are a lot of things we have to wonder about "Home Improvement" since it ended back in the day.

How are Jonathan Taylor Thomas and his gorgeous hair doing?
Will there ever be a reunion show?
Has she seen Tim Allen since his tool man days?

Lucky us, Patricia Richardson, answered those questions in a recent Reddit AMA. As you know, Patricia played Jill Taylor (best TV mom ever) on the show.

We've got the highlights, and, of course, the dish on what JTT has been up to since we all had his poster in our locker. Read on for some very interesting facts you may not have known about your favorite childhood show!

Did you feel a little "checked out" by the 7th season?

The show was getting tired. We were all getting tired, but we thought we could all squeak out one more year. Mostly I just missed having a life and my kids. I felt like I hadn't seen my family in years.

How did JTT cope with his fame?

I think that it was very fortunate that Jonathan is so smart and well balanced. When he left the show, he ended up going back to school and got a really good education and thought a lot about what he wanted to do with his life. When he was on the show at one point, he said to me he was interested in being a politician.

I can't speak for Jonathan if he was uncomfortable with fame like I was but we both coincidentally withdrew from the industry right after the show. I was trying to find a way to be just an actor instead of big celebrity as well as I wasn't a fan of doing press, red carpets, etc.

Do you still keep in touch with the cast?

I do stay in touch with Zach and Jonathan, who in fact have written a really wonderful pilot that is sort of R rated and are shopping it around town. Jonathan also directs "Last Man Standing", and I got to see him there.

Of course I've seen Tim. (In case you didn't know, Patricia had a guest spot on Tim Allen's current show, "Last Man Standing".)

Will there ever be a "Home Improvement" reunion?

There are no plans to do a reunion show at this point. Usually, those things don't work out very well.

Of course, we're missing Earl and that would make us all sad.

Do you have any backstage secrets that you can tell us about?

This is a little dirty story from the set... We had a live horse on the set for Tool Time. Well, they had this horse backstage, and we couldn't get it on the scene because we couldn't stop it from having an erection (it was ENORMOUS).

The guy who was supposed to be the wrangler for the horse kept hitting his erection with a brush. And everyone on set was yelling "Ah, don't do that." No one knew how to fix it so they could do the scene. There was a woman that had her period backstage and coincidentally when we moved her away from the horse it fixed the problem.

We were all on the floor laughing. And it made the wrangler stop abusing the horse.

What episode would you go back and film all over again?

That's a hard one. I'd chose the one I directed. Not because I'd direct it differently. It was the one where Wilson and Tim fight.

The idea of them fighting was my idea. I went into story meetings with Tim after every read through and before every season and worked with the writers on many of the stories. That was one of my favorite parts of doing the show. It was extremely collaborative.

http://www.eonline.com/news/743662/h...gic-reddit-ama
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2016, 04:32 PM   #2
JO Sweet Heart

^^^ Thanks for the news! I loved getting to see her again in Tim Allen's newest show!

God bless you always!!!

Holly