Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Head of the Class links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Head of the Class Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Head of the Class
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-22-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
NikkiBell
Occasional Poster

Default head of the class episodes

I have been in love with this series for years. Once upon a time, I got some episodes on VHS from this site. But, I sadly no longer have a VHS player and the VHS tapes are dying. I was wondering if anyone had any of the episodes or know where they are?
Old 12-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #2
king of comedy

I would love it to come to DVD.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #3
NikkiBell
Occasional Poster

Sadly, I don't think it will ever make it to DVDs.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
king of comedy

Why?
Old 12-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
NikkiBell
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of comedy
Why?

Well, there are several reasons. The show is owned by WB, which doesn't really put its 80s sitcoms out on DVD. Or, they do - but, they tend to put out their really popular shows (that are still airing somewhere on television and are all over the internet) - and those shows don't sell well. So, I don't think they would put out shows they don't think will sell. Especially as their more popular stuff doesn't sell well.

I think the best thing would to release all 5 seasons on Blu-Ray/DVD and just sell it all at once for a large price.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:40 AM   #6
bh7812
Frequent Poster

Send a message via MSN to bh7812 Send a message via Yahoo to bh7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiBell
Well, there are several reasons. The show is owned by WB, which doesn't really put its 80s sitcoms out on DVD. Or, they do - but, they tend to put out their really popular shows (that are still airing somewhere on television and are all over the internet) - and those shows don't sell well. So, I don't think they would put out shows they don't think will sell. Especially as their more popular stuff doesn't sell well.

I think the best thing would to release all 5 seasons on Blu-Ray/DVD and just sell it all at once for a large price.

Nikki, I've got to level with you and be brutally honest...this show is one of the most difficult ones out there to find. It's on a very short list of remaining series I'd like to see come out on DVD that haven't already. Part of the problem as you mentioned is that it's owned by Warner. A very large chunk of the really popular 80s and 90s sitcoms are owned by them. Just had to all be Warner owned eh? Warner is...ridiculously and I mean ridiculously protective over their stuff. They've been notorious for years for withholding their stuff from DVD-either outright refusing to release some of the stuff or when they do give in and release it, it takes forever to get it all out physically as we're seeing with Family Matters in particular. Like way beyond a reasonable amount of time between releases.

The situation has been improving dramatically the last year and a half, thankfully. A lot of the people that had been running Warner for years that were very reluctant to release their stuff have finally left over the last year for the most part. A lot of the newer people there seem to be much younger, understand technology and also understand their stuff is in demand and begged for. They've FINALLY really started releasing a lot more of their stuff in the last year. On the physical DVD side they've gotten a LOT out via their MOD service on the Warner Store website. Those releases are exclusive for 2 weeks here then become more widely available on Amazon usually. They've fully completed Growing Pains finally and next month Family Matters gets installed at frickin last. Where they've been insanely busy releasing stuff though is iTunes and Amazon Video! Among the stuff they've gotten on there is the entire series runs for both Family Matters and Growing Pains! Several more complete runs for several more of their shows have gone up in the last year too. So, things are looking a hell of a lot better with them. They're making their stuff available both physically and digitally so everyone has an option. Please do send them your feedback! They do read them and seem to be working towards their more requested stuff.

In the case of Head Of The Class I managed to get 18 episodes on YouTube a few months back but I don't know if they're still there-Warner is still cracking down heavily on YouTube uploaders unfortunately.

2016 should be much better...this year here's what I'd expect to see full series releases for physically, digitally or both:

Head Of The Class
Step By Step
Perfect Strangers
Maybe Just The Ten Of Us
Kirk
Hopefully The Hogan Family, there's music clearances they're trying to deal with for that.

Of those 6 I'd say the first 3 should be a guaranteed lock for this year, we'll see. Hopefully the latter 3 will at least start releasing this year. I expect all 6 shows will at least see digital releases by the end of 2017 however. They used to do a yearly Q&A chat on the Home Theatre Forums but don't anymore...the phrases "people push too gar" and "this is why we can't have nice things" oughtta sum that mess up!

Sorry for the long post-it should hopefully give you an idea where Warner is at right now overall with their requested stuff. I keep saying every year this should be the year for HOTC! One of these years I'll be right haha. I have a strong feeling it will be this year finally. Gotta stay hopeful shouldn't be much longer!
Old 01-31-2016, 11:05 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Damm I had no idea there were NO SEASONS on DVD. wow
Old 02-01-2016, 07:18 AM   #8
bh7812
Frequent Poster

Send a message via MSN to bh7812 Send a message via Yahoo to bh7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Damm I had no idea there were NO SEASONS on DVD. wow

Yup exactly. Not even the first season has been officially released yet! Unbelievably not even a Best Of Series release either. It has to be coming this year...they had most of the series up on the old AOL In2TV service several years back along with...a very large majority of their other 80s and 90s sitcoms. All of it was master copies of the episodes so the series is intact in one piece. I just can't imagine them just leaving some of these series go unreleased in any capacity but all we can do is wait and hope. I've got a strong feeling it'll be this year. Let's hope so!
Old 02-01-2016, 06:04 PM   #9
king of comedy

I loved Head of the Class. A better sitcom set in a high school than Welcome Back Kotter. The students acted liked real students and the acting was better. Kotter was all jokes and stand up and Gabe Kaplan stunked. I recommend it and hope it comes to DVD.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh7812
Nikki, I've got to level with you and be brutally honest...this show is one of the most difficult ones out there to find. It's on a very short list of remaining series I'd like to see come out on DVD that haven't already. Part of the problem as you mentioned is that it's owned by Warner. A very large chunk of the really popular 80s and 90s sitcoms are owned by them. Just had to all be Warner owned eh? Warner is...ridiculously and I mean ridiculously protective over their stuff. They've been notorious for years for withholding their stuff from DVD-either outright refusing to release some of the stuff or when they do give in and release it, it takes forever to get it all out physically as we're seeing with Family Matters in particular. Like way beyond a reasonable amount of time between releases.

The situation has been improving dramatically the last year and a half, thankfully. A lot of the people that had been running Warner for years that were very reluctant to release their stuff have finally left over the last year for the most part. A lot of the newer people there seem to be much younger, understand technology and also understand their stuff is in demand and begged for. They've FINALLY really started releasing a lot more of their stuff in the last year. On the physical DVD side they've gotten a LOT out via their MOD service on the Warner Store website. Those releases are exclusive for 2 weeks here then become more widely available on Amazon usually. They've fully completed Growing Pains finally and next month Family Matters gets installed at frickin last. Where they've been insanely busy releasing stuff though is iTunes and Amazon Video! Among the stuff they've gotten on there is the entire series runs for both Family Matters and Growing Pains! Several more complete runs for several more of their shows have gone up in the last year too. So, things are looking a hell of a lot better with them. They're making their stuff available both physically and digitally so everyone has an option. Please do send them your feedback! They do read them and seem to be working towards their more requested stuff.

In the case of Head Of The Class I managed to get 18 episodes on YouTube a few months back but I don't know if they're still there-Warner is still cracking down heavily on YouTube uploaders unfortunately.

2016 should be much better...this year here's what I'd expect to see full series releases for physically, digitally or both:

Head Of The Class
Step By Step
Perfect Strangers
Maybe Just The Ten Of Us
Kirk
Hopefully The Hogan Family, there's music clearances they're trying to deal with for that.

Of those 6 I'd say the first 3 should be a guaranteed lock for this year, we'll see. Hopefully the latter 3 will at least start releasing this year. I expect all 6 shows will at least see digital releases by the end of 2017 however. They used to do a yearly Q&A chat on the Home Theatre Forums but don't anymore...the phrases "people push too gar" and "this is why we can't have nice things" oughtta sum that mess up!

Sorry for the long post-it should hopefully give you an idea where Warner is at right now overall with their requested stuff. I keep saying every year this should be the year for HOTC! One of these years I'll be right haha. I have a strong feeling it will be this year finally. Gotta stay hopeful shouldn't be much longer!

Atleast Perfect Strangers was on N@N in 2003. Anyone looking for HOTC has had no option to record since it was on ABC
Old 02-02-2016, 12:11 PM   #11
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Anyone looking for HOTC has had no option to record since it was on ABC
It was on TV Land and in local syndication for a while.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM77
It was on TV Land and in local syndication for a while.

Must have been before 2002
Old 10-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #13
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

Too bad, because while I've found a few I'd love to see the last season
Old 10-25-2016, 07:44 AM   #14
TVQuack
Forum Regular
Watching Ed!

Well thankfully we should be able to see all the episodes in order on Antenna TV in a few months

TV DVD's....it's a way of life.