Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #16
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubehead
we got this movie theater in cleveland tn they just put in recliners!! i don't under stand why people buy food by the time you pay for it you can get a nice meal at an nice rest rant!! plus you can't see while your eating whats the
point in eatting you can't see nothing in the dark !! plus they only give you so much like nachos!! that why i don't buy candy i just buy candy then i sneak it in they barley give you much candy & the candy coast $4 to $6 bucks they don't hardly give you any candy!!

I agree. I also don't know why people want to have a full plated meal in a movie theater. It's also really distracting when the wait staff is taking orders and doing card payments.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #17
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

That's nice, but I just prefer a simple regular movie theatre! I'm happy with just my popcorn and it's a luxury for me to even buy a soda! I usually just bring bottled water in my purse!
Old 11-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #18
Flying Dutchman

I would expect those prices from a theater anyway. After all, look at the prices for the regular theaters. Actually, those prices were kinda less than I expected from a luxury theater.

We all know that the reason for high snack bar prices, so the employees will tell you, is because they don't make much from the movies. Have any of you ever snuck food into a theater? I have..lol I love going to see the movies in winter cause I can carry a big coat and you know what that means.

I don't always sneak in food. Just once in a little while when I am short on money but want to see a movie real bad. Most of the time I buy at the snack bar.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #19
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
I agree. I also don't know why people want to have a full plated meal in a movie theater. It's also really distracting when the wait staff is taking orders and doing card payments.
The check is presented at the end of the movie. As for taking orders, the rows of seats are so far apart, I don't think it would be that distracting.

I probably would not order a meal, but a milkshake during a movie would be nice. And maybe some chicken tenders.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #20
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
That's nice, but I just prefer a simple regular movie theatre! I'm happy with just my popcorn and it's a luxury for me to even buy a soda! I usually just bring bottled water in my purse!
It is nice to have a luxury theater available.

Also, Westlake Village is a high-income area and many residents can afford to pay more for a movie. The average income is $110,000 to $115,000 per year.

Here is another photo. This is a portion of the lobby.
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #21
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
The check is presented at the end of the movie. As for taking orders, the rows of seats are so far apart, I don't think it would be that distracting.

I probably would not order a meal, but a milkshake during a movie would be nice. And maybe some chicken tenders.

I'm just going by what I've seen. It was before the actual movie started but still during the trailers. The wait staff were taking orders and taking payments at that time. If the food was ordered before that and they actually did do the check at the end of the movie, I'd have no issue with it.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #22
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Although I have not been to the theater I have been posting photos of, I have been to another upscale theater in Calabasas. In "The Commons" shopping area. It is another high-income district. This theater, Edwards Calabasas 6, is not quite a luxurious as Cinepolis yet still very nice. Ticket price is $14.00 for a matinee.

Here are some photos of the outside and inside lobby...
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2017, 06:14 AM   #23
LaBestia
Chris Harrison Rules

I have Century Theaters in my town and they got upgraded to luxury theaters when the entire theater had gotten a makeover and when the Century Theater that I used to go to in my mall also got a makeover they made it really fancy with big screens and an updated sound system and a really fancy ticket window. But when the town nearby opened up a Cinemark Theater it became our regular theater and it features an fancy sound system and leather seating and 3D screens too and the prices for popcorn and sodas aren't bad at all and not only that it's in a good area next to an Applebee's Restaurant and a Motel 6 so motel guests can easily walk to the theater and catch a movie. The year before last Century Theaters opened up a theater in the shopping center where I usually go to when I visit Target and it's a fancy theater with the same stuff as the other Century Theaters but I haven't seen a movie there yet. I think the future of movie theaters has just begun with these new luxury theaters being built and what I think movie theaters will start doing is that they will add more stuff such as built in Alexas that will ask visitors if they want popcorn or soda refills and also teach people facts about the movies they are watching and also movie theaters will soon offer movies in Spanish and other languages but with changes like these it will soon make good money for movie theaters for people to enjoy their movies when they can
Bestie
Good Morning Chris Harrison "What Final Answers Do You Have For Your #1 Fan This Wonderful Morning?"
Old 07-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #24
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl

Me too. I like to keep it simple, on those rare times I go the movies. This is not an area where I'd want bells and whistles.

But I am glad luxury theatres are available for those who want the extraordinary experience.

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 07-10-2017, 03:00 AM   #25
Fleet
Forum Veteran

They have upgraded a more modest theater much closer to me. Very well done. Leather reclining seats; you put your feet up when reclined! Also, nice wide aisles. What a difference. I will probably never go to a "normal" theater again (with the small cloth seats).

And matinee price is only $7.75. I did take a few photos; will post them soon.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:18 AM   #26
Dale Key
Forum Regular

My theater at the mall has a private balcony for every auditorium. You have to be 21 and over to buy the tickets for it and there's reserved seating. Great if you want to see a kid's movie without being around kids. Also pictured are the smaller but gorgeous Movie Parlors. They exist in both family and 21+. You can get anything from the restaurant ordered while you're in the theater, they have a nice wait staff.

Only 50 miles away there are also Imax and regular theaters that have all reclining seats in certain auditoriums, as well as a D-Box theater with cinematic motion chairs moving according to the audio and video of the movie. I have yet to try this one. I usually stay local and don't go for Imax except for Star Wars movies.

The pictures are of the local mall theater I usually go to.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf PR-JULY-2017.pdf (240.7 KB, 0 views)

Niles: God is forgiving, Miss Fine. When I was a boy, I once took five shillings out of the collection plate at church for toffee.
Fran: And nothing happened to you, right?
Niles: That's right, absolutely nothing. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash other peoples' underwear.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #27
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

At least I know I'll be comfortable when I fall asleep during a boring movie.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 07-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #28
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I know that we have Alamo Drafthouse and iPic here in NYC.

Alamo focuses on indie movies and cult classics, but they also play some mainstream films. iPic is pretty much a gourmet restaurant and you can either have seats w/ table service or having to order yourself at food counter.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #29
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
They have upgraded a more modest theater much closer to me. Very well done. Leather reclining seats; you put your feet up when reclined! Also, nice wide aisles. What a difference. I will probably never go to a "normal" theater again (with the small cloth seats).

And matinee price is only $7.75. I did take a few photos; will post them soon.

$7.75 is reasonable. I think regular admission is $14-15 here in NYC. Call me weird, but 99.99% I really enjoy watching a movie on my DVD at home. But some movies are made for a big screen- like the great classics listed high up on AFIs best films.

But I am glad luxury options are there. The bells and whistles probably bring a very memorable experience, for those who want that in a viewing experience.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #30
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo

Unless it's something special like a new Star Wars movie, the movies I mainly see at the theater tend to be older films when they get a re release and those are usually at the type of theaters that aren't luxury.

Personally I'd rather put the money towards a DVD/Blu Ray, watch it in the comfort of our own home on our big screen. Pause the movie for bathroom breaks, better snacks and drinks, no rude people, etc.